“Nice place”
Review of Budgetel Savannah

Budgetel Savannah
Ranked #159 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I found this place itself to be good and having security guard in the car park seemed to make your feel abit safer, not that I felt unsafe in the room but I wouldn't have walked around the area. The only bad thing was all the people hanging out on the corner pretty sure it was all homeless people they were probably harmless but the amount of them didn't make me want to walk around anywhere. We wouldn't stay again only due to the location and amount of the people hanging around other than this would be good place.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Troy T
SavannahSuites832, General Manager at Budgetel Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

First I want to thank you for taking time to post your review. The Homeless has been a problem for us and we continuously call and or write the APD, Ambassadors and the Mayor's office. August this was to close and moved to a different area of the city. this did not happen and we are still making tose calls. Again thanks for your review.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Well I usually don't write reviews for hotels but this time I would to offer advice. Please stay away this place. I booked online as I to attend conference in Atlanta world congress center and was close location. When I arrived its located in scary unsafe street. I went to checkin and she couldn't find my name. So she had find me a room. I wish she couldn't at that time but I know she was lying ad I asked the security guy who told there is a lot of empty rooms. Anyway the room sucks with bad smell. Everyday when I some back I find the fredge empty and they also take my personal stuff. Don't leave anything in the room as they Will take it. Even your shoes . Imagine you care about your laptop and other important stuff. Pay a little more and save yourself. I wish I could read reviews before abx avoid the hassle and nervous stay. Never before and never after.

• Stayed: October 2012
7  Thank shaggle
SavannahSuites832, Manager at Budgetel Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Fist let us thank you for taking time to Post your Review and for giving our hotel a chance and we apologize for not meeting your expecttation. Often time some reservation may not get to us before you do, I would hope our agent did not lie to you. Anyone feeling unsafe or unhappy my agent should have apologize, for that I do apologize for us not being at our best the day you arrived. Again thanks for taking time to post your Review.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Following up to the complainer of the gunshots.. that's simply NOT TRUE.. my son & I have been staying @ the Suites since the 8th as well and if I would have heard the gunshots, we would have definitely left that night. Yes, there is a high amount of homeless individuals in the area, since there is a homeless men's shelter right up the street, there is prostitution in the area, but unless that's what you are looking for, you wouldn't directly see it. I have not seen any roaches. Wherever you see issues in your room, request another room or upkeep of the room while you are out.

Room Tip: 3 or 4th floor would be better .. there are elevators .. it's diverse .. there are mothers/ fami...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sherell C
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I booked this place for 3 nights because of its proximity to the hospital and I didn't have a car. I have traveled extensively and never had an experience as bad as this one. The drug dealers and prostitutes standing in front all night were bad enough, being accosted by whinos and worse just stepping outside my door was not pleasant, the paper thin walls with a fight raging next to me I could have done without, but the 8 gunshots that rang out directly in front at 3 am would have had me leaving immediately if I had thought it would be possible to get from the door to my room into a cab and safely away. At 6:30 am there were still throngs of people outside screaming - as they had done ALL night long - and I knew that walking even the 3 blocks to the hospital was utterly out of the question. One of the worst travel experiences I have ever had - I would urge anyone to stay ANYWHERE but in this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Carrieyew
SavannahSuites832, General Manager at Budgetel Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

First let me thank you for posting your review. I would like toapologize for the many different things going on, on the streets of Atlanta. We provide 24 Hour security for your safety and all of our Guest. There also should not have been anyone outside your door and I want you to know I have been over this Review with the Security Company. We and the Security Company will more watchful during times of challange.. Again we apologize and Thank you for posting your Review

Reviewed 20 July 2012

first off this place is unsafe for the reason why the security guards had handguns. I was greeted by a couple of roaches in my room. Smell of this room was unbearable & of course broken mattress so much for TV in order to turn on/off the tv we had to unplugg from the wall, lights made noise as they were turned on. We couldn't bare to stay a second night there. To top it off it's near a homeless shelter. Please don't stay here for your own safety.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank shelly310

First I want to thank you for taking time to post your Review. I want to apologize for you feeling un-safe. I do have a Security guard on post 24 hours a day to provide Security and Safety for all of our guest. If your room smelled and had roaches I also want toapologize for us not operating at our standard. Again thanks for posting your Review.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Positives....
Great low price. Pretty clean room. Great location. Walking distance to Aquarium and Coca-Cola (about 1mile) 24 hr security. Nice view if you're on the top floor facing entrance to hotel.

Negatives....
Dirty towels. Homeless people hanging around near the hotel (the 24hr security pretty much keeps them off the property). Free wifi connection that SUCKS!
Overall, this hotel wasn't bad. We had no problem with paying, no problems with the homeless people around it. And its not bad for the price!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Carla L
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The location wasof this motel was fine ..The room I had was anon-smoking it was clean and the beds were very comfortable.the staff was friendly and kind. The price was a little more than I was used to payong for Economy motels but it was nice. The carpet was clean and the bathroom had a wonderful scent of lemon ( pine-sol maybe?).Enjoyed my stay

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo