“Tolerable, but would probably pay a little more for something else.”

Savannah Suites Atlanta
Ranked #159 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
winston salem nc
“Tolerable, but would probably pay a little more for something else.”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Bad Area---
The location is great! However, the hotel is located near a large homeless gathering spot you must travel through to get to a MARTA station. They (the homeless) were not a bother to me but this might make some people feel uneasy. I walked by them 20 times and they were harmless. Security does keep them from entering the property. The general area around the hotel is guite bad looking and uninviting.

The Good---
The staff were great and helpful when I had a number of problems! They fixed my keycard quickly when it did not work....security (24 Hour) got me towels early in the morning I needed the day I left (since no staff are present from 9pm to 9am).

The Bad---
When I asked housekeeping to come back later since I was still in bed, they didn't---thus, when I came back late I had no clean towels and the sheets had not been changed. Twice I did see two roaches. The room was generally clean but the headboard needed paint, and the carpet had cigarette stains. And although they did clean it, the elevator briefly smelled like urine inside.

I doubt I would stay here again and pay a little more for something better. I can say the staff does the best job they can...but the owner needs to take a serious look at making some changes!!!

Kill the bug problem and smells...improve the carpet...and have housekeeping and a desk clerk available at night and I would consider staying there again!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Veryspcguy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The hotel can be improved but area where the hotel is located is terrible. I was staying there with my friends for three days weekend and we were so concern of the area where the next block from the hotel is the homeless shelter,bumps and drug addicts sitting there, and urine there. Not recommendable to any one especially tourists. Even though the hotel does have 24/7 security watch, it needs police patrolling in that areas.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Daniel68_13
SavannahSuites832, General Manager at Savannah Suites Atlanta, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Reviews are how we make decision on improving the property. Sure we are a half block from a homeless shelter one of our most vulnerable neighbors. The locaton o the shelter as no influence on te hotel except that some times we never get to see the forest for the trees (homeless shelter). We do respect and except all reviews good or bad. Again thank you for posting your review.

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

The room itself was nice, tv, big bed, clean and a big shower. What to expect: Very okay room but the area where the hotel is placed at was reaaaally bad, im from a bad suburb but this was just too much. My girlfriend didnt leave the hotel in our entire 1 day stay. I went to the supermarket to get something to eat because there are not any restaurants closeby. Its a ~ 5 minute walk, all the way there and on the way back people were yelling at me and harassing me. If I had to write anything bad its the fact that they have a big kitchen but no kitchensupplys at all, so you couldn't cook.
/ a couple from sweden

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Fijje
SavannahSuites832, General Manager at Savannah Suites Atlanta, responded to this review, 16 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to Review our Hotel, We are talking to the City, APD and the Ambasadors Department about our street Pine Street. The Courts has approve the closing of the shelter, it now just the question of when. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post your review.
Reviewed 17 January 2013

It is located right next to the place where homeless people eat,most of them stay there for the rest of the day asking for change, trying to start a conversation and bother you. During the day you can walk there safely for there is always police officer to prevent any conflict, but in the night it gets dangerous, you walk at your risk. There is a secirity at the motel but I would not describe them as vigilant, on one night I didn't see him at all. Rooms are creepy, furniture is old, blankets were very dirty and I couldn't even sit on my bed, that's how disgusted I was. Shower was filthy and there was no towels provided. There was a little kitchen area which sounds really great until you see it with your own eyes, if I ate there I would throw up right away. I was very disappointed with this experience.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank rvstore
SavannahSuites832, General Manager at Savannah Suites Atlanta, responded to this review, 19 January 2013
First I would like to thank you for giving our hotel a chance to provide you with your hotel need Even though we failed you during your trip we apologize. I also want you to know the courts have agreed to shut the shelter down. It's sad that most consider Homeles there worst enemy when they are our most vulnerabe and most unwanted neighbor. We will continue to make our calls to the City, APD and the Ambasadors Department weekly. Thank you for taking the time to post your Review.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I don't usually write reviews HOWEVER in my experience with this hotel I want to just say this: The front desk staff needs CUSTOMER SERVICE CLASSES… I reported to the front desk that my toliet needed to be refreshed ( lol) went into the room and saw that the toliet was not clean (feces) were located in the bowl. I contacted the front desk and was told that that housekeeping were gone for the day with a attitude. Of course I was told that the room was checked. (lol) They ask me if I wanted my money back ( with an attitude) mind you we had just gotten here about a half and hour ago and I guess this was their way of saying well you can get your money back and find somewhere else to stay (lol). That is something to tell your customer. I think the homeless are more friendlier then these so called front desk clerks. Whoever is part of this franchise needs to check who they are hiring and their conduct because they will lose money. Had I read these comments…Surely, we would have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Denice55
SavannahSuites832, General Manager at Savannah Suites Atlanta, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Feedback like yours is how we recover from different situation.. I have had a conversation with my Staff and they have told me they followed procedure and I have also have gone through Guest satisfaction again. I can asure you this is NOT the impresion we want you to have. Also let me apologize for the service and our Hotel not operating at our best during your stay. Again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thanks
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Here's why
1. Rooms smelly.
2. Spider in bed!
3. Noises throughout the night.
4. Internet is dead slow.
5. No tub in restroom (If it matters to you.)
6. No Cloth Hangers!
7. No table light for study table.(If it matters to you.)
8. Lights are noisy!!

The Pro's
1. Very near to the tourist attractions.
2. Security available 24X7.
3. Small Kitchen area available (We did not have much use though.)
4. Comparatively cheaper.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Thomas K
SavannahSuites832, General Manager at Savannah Suites Atlanta, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
First we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review for our Hotel. We have a laundy list of things that you found wrong and we are working to make sure this list is cleared. Again thank you for taking time to post a review..
North Conway, New Hampshire
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I have stayed in many hotels, but never anywhere as horrid as Savannah Suites , 114 Pine St NE, Atlanta !!
Stains on the carpet, no radio clock, no hangers even, and noone at front desk 9pm to 9am. Just the shoddiest hotel I could imagine.

They do not even have the awareness to not change towels daily. I requested a DO NOT DISTURB sign , they said they would put in my room , they did not. I ended up scribbling a note and putting into the door the 4 nights I was there.
Takes the prize for worst hotel I have ever been in, and I have been in some cheap ones in South east Asia and central Asia.
Just AVOID it, unless you are homeless.

When I made the reservation , I was told there was breakfast. A lie. Extended stay-- I would NEVER stay there another night. Whats worse, they charge you for all nights you book by 6pm day f check-in. so you are stuck in this shanty structure .

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo