“okay for the price”
Review of Budgetel Savannah

Budgetel Savannah
Ranked #159 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My room was on the second floor and was nice and clean. There was a small kitchen area which was a bonus and there is 24 hour security on the property. The location isn't the best, I arrived by car but mainly walked when I got there. No matter what direction I walked, I would always bump into homeless people. The top of the street seemed to be a grouping point for them, so I never walked that way. This isn't the hotels fault though, and the homeless didn't cause any problems for the hotel when I was there. That being said, it was about a 10-15 minute walk to attractions like the Georgia aquarium, so not too bad. The WiFi in the hotel is rubbish, even though I gained full signal, it is very slow and I could not watch videos on my devices or download any files. I stayed 3 nights for $170 tax included, not too bad I don't think, I've stayed in worse for more money.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews regarding this hotel, but it was perfect for my needs. The security guards are on duty 24/7 and everyone has to show their id in order to be on the property. They were all great and helpful at making sure I was okay and giving directions to places near by.
The room was comfortable, not updated, but met all my needs during my stay. The office staff were also helpful and wanted to make sure the guests were satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Upon arrival in a hotel in a really bad area with homeless people. The "security" guard was not alert and checking the people on the premises. Upon stepping into the office, was told that I did not have a reservations and no keys were left for me. After some fuss, we got them to give us a room we got no keys for. The security basically got us in with his master key. I requested non smoking and got smoking, I requested facing the street and did not get that. Some sketchy people staying on property. And more importantly THE DOOR TO THE ROOM DID NOT LOCK. Even with the bolt locked ANYONE could open the door from the outside. THIS HOTEL IS NOT SAFE. Fortunately we realized this before going to sleep and ended up being frustrated and aggravated and left. We wanted out. It is the most unsafe I have ever felt in an already rough part of downtown. I am not needy nor high maintenance when it comes to hotels. I try and find the cheapest deal even if it has some bad reviews because a lot do. My standards are not high. However anything was better than this place. You cannot buy me for any price if I don't feel safe. And we ended up staying somewhere else. I should have listened to the reviews and could have planned everything better and my night would have been a lot smoother. So please think twice before booking it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2014

False advertisement: Kitchenette, wrong, a mini nasty refrigerator with internal nasty ice build up:
No cooking utensils and they had never to tell me where to go purchase pots/pans, the did not have drinking glasses nor ice machine on premise. Carpet was very very nasty; Area is in worst part of city, homeless people, bums ect. that is why you must show ID every time you come onto premise, they trying to keep them out. Sink stopper was broken and only way to let water out was reaching into your water and pulling stopper out. WARNING DO NOT STAY HERE it is nothing like the picture or they advertisement. I am looking for them to close this Dump of a motel down and give it to a shelter. Do not even think of walking anywhere from this place you will be accosted by the homeless, drunks, druggies, prostitutes, ect. SLEEP IN YOUR CAR.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I though I had went to Hell. This hotel questions the reliability of your on-line hotel booking. The hotel's advertisement is false advertisement. I suggest that your company visit the hotels before you advertise the hotel's services, especially if guest aren't given room service (fresh towels and toilet paper) on a daily basics if you pre-paid to stay longer than a day. General Management seems to be un educated and/or concern about coustomer care. I had to be move to different rooms because of falling ceiling sheet rock and electric problems, wifi never wronged.

Room Tip: Needs complete repairs instead of patch work.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Hotelfromhell2014
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here for around 3 nights, and we were given a ground floor room by the rear car park. We had just got off the megabus at the train station, so walked for a few minutes to get to the hotel. It's fairly close to the centre which is good.
Unfortunately we did have to walk through a fairly rough area to get there, and we felt unsafe in our rooms at night to the point where we kept our curtains shut all day and put the sofa against the door as a barricade. People were in the car park all night making lots of noise.
The good thing was that we each had a double bed, there was a tv in the room, and it had a small kitchen with a fridge and microwave- perfect for what we needed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's not on the ground floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A friend & I stayed here for 6 nights. The location is great, about a 20-25min drive from the airport or u can take the train. The trains are extremely reliable (during the week) they come frequently and it took us no more than 10mins to get downtown; there is a slower service at the weekends. As u walk towards the train station you will walk past a homeless shelter, which we didn't have a problem with being harassed and what have u- i felt that they were harmless!! The hotel itself is equipped with a mini fridge, microwave, stove (in the room) & communal laundry. The wifi didn't seem to work too great, after a while I just gave up trying to use it. And the cleaners come round everyday but they only change bed sheets once a week but they will obviously change towels, bins etc

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends