“Never stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #157 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
London, United Kingdom
“Never stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I had it booked for 2 nights arriving at 11pm on the first so I saw the worst of it straight off the bat. It's next door to a large homeless shelter and the streets are littered with drug dealers. 2 locals (including my cab driver as he dropped me off) said never to go out at night and don't carry what I don't want to loose because it was in the 'hood'. Security although friendly one of the 2 was half asleep. Room was clearly not cleaned, given a different room but no key (security used master key to get me in). Exhausted and desperate I went to sleep but would have left immediately if it wasn't midnight. The 'clean' room was still grotty, the shower curtain stuck to the with mould and I couldn't connect to wifi. I managed to get a full refund and left early the next morning, the receptionist wasn't exactly polite and didn't apologise once.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Esl92

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

On 9/10/2013, I reserved two rooms at the Savannah Suites on Pine St, Atlanta, GA for labor day weekend, 2014. I received an email confirmation showing my two reserved rooms. Around a month prior to labor day, 2014, I called Savannah Suites to confirm my rooms. The lady at the front desk told me that I only had one room reserved and it was all that was showing up on her computer. Unfortunately they did not have any additional rooms available, so there was nothing she could do. I went back to my email confirmation and it even had a link to their booking website which showed me, on their own website, that I had two rooms. We went back and form but she told me there was nothing she could do, and it was the company they used for booking's fault, and not theirs. I tried to contact the corporate office many many times, and they never answered the phone and never returned by calls. Not charging me for a room that I am not getting does not solve the issue. All the hotels in downtown Atlanta are booked for this weekend - that is why I reserved so far in advanced. Now I do not have enough rooms, and the only other hotel that would work costs $400+ per night. Savannah Suites is going to not only cost me a LOT of money and annoyance, but also just outright has the worst customer service I have ever seen. The local hotel contacts were of no help and blamed another company (despite be booking the hotel through their website), and the corporate office never answered or returned calls.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jess A

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My room was on the second floor and was nice and clean. There was a small kitchen area which was a bonus and there is 24 hour security on the property. The location isn't the best, I arrived by car but mainly walked when I got there. No matter what direction I walked, I would always bump into homeless people. The top of the street seemed to be a grouping point for them, so I never walked that way. This isn't the hotels fault though, and the homeless didn't cause any problems for the hotel when I was there. That being said, it was about a 10-15 minute walk to attractions like the Georgia aquarium, so not too bad. The WiFi in the hotel is rubbish, even though I gained full signal, it is very slow and I could not watch videos on my devices or download any files. I stayed 3 nights for $170 tax included, not too bad I don't think, I've stayed in worse for more money.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews regarding this hotel, but it was perfect for my needs. The security guards are on duty 24/7 and everyone has to show their id in order to be on the property. They were all great and helpful at making sure I was okay and giving directions to places near by.
The room was comfortable, not updated, but met all my needs during my stay. The office staff were also helpful and wanted to make sure the guests were satisfied.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Upon arrival in a hotel in a really bad area with homeless people. The "security" guard was not alert and checking the people on the premises. Upon stepping into the office, was told that I did not have a reservations and no keys were left for me. After some fuss, we got them to give us a room we got no keys for. The security basically got us in with his master key. I requested non smoking and got smoking, I requested facing the street and did not get that. Some sketchy people staying on property. And more importantly THE DOOR TO THE ROOM DID NOT LOCK. Even with the bolt locked ANYONE could open the door from the outside. THIS HOTEL IS NOT SAFE. Fortunately we realized this before going to sleep and ended up being frustrated and aggravated and left. We wanted out. It is the most unsafe I have ever felt in an already rough part of downtown. I am not needy nor high maintenance when it comes to hotels. I try and find the cheapest deal even if it has some bad reviews because a lot do. My standards are not high. However anything was better than this place. You cannot buy me for any price if I don't feel safe. And we ended up staying somewhere else. I should have listened to the reviews and could have planned everything better and my night would have been a lot smoother. So please think twice before booking it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

False advertisement: Kitchenette, wrong, a mini nasty refrigerator with internal nasty ice build up:
No cooking utensils and they had never to tell me where to go purchase pots/pans, the did not have drinking glasses nor ice machine on premise. Carpet was very very nasty; Area is in worst part of city, homeless people, bums ect. that is why you must show ID every time you come onto premise, they trying to keep them out. Sink stopper was broken and only way to let water out was reaching into your water and pulling stopper out. WARNING DO NOT STAY HERE it is nothing like the picture or they advertisement. I am looking for them to close this Dump of a motel down and give it to a shelter. Do not even think of walking anywhere from this place you will be accosted by the homeless, drunks, druggies, prostitutes, ect. SLEEP IN YOUR CAR.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I though I had went to Hell. This hotel questions the reliability of your on-line hotel booking. The hotel's advertisement is false advertisement. I suggest that your company visit the hotels before you advertise the hotel's services, especially if guest aren't given room service (fresh towels and toilet paper) on a daily basics if you pre-paid to stay longer than a day. General Management seems to be un educated and/or concern about coustomer care. I had to be move to different rooms because of falling ceiling sheet rock and electric problems, wifi never wronged.

Room Tip: Needs complete repairs instead of patch work.