“Great course for beginners!”

Candler Park Golf Course
Duluth, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great course for beginners!”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

As a beginner, I really enjoy playing this course. It's fun and has a very relaxed atmosphere. It's maintained very well and the employees are always very friendly and helpful. There was a new woman in the golf shop who asked a lot of questions and made me feel a bit uncomfortable, but maybe she'll be gone the next time I go. As for the course...A+!

2 Thank Ann K

“It's a true historic southern golf experience.”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Kudos to the Golf Course Superintendent and staff for bringing the greens back to perfection following the 2010 ice storm winter kill. I play at Candler Park every visit I make to Atlanta and the course is in the best shape it's ever been probably ever. The staff is very friendly, unpretentious and welcomes everybody from beginners to experts. If you love golf, old southern hospitality and a beautiful 9 hole executive course with 4 par 4's and 5 par 3's then make the 10 minute drive from downtown. This course was built by Asa Candler (the pharmacist who came up with the original Coca Cola recipe). It opened in 1928 to the public and is a good walk unspoiled.

Decatur, Georgia
“Excellent Golf Course”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This is my favorite golf course in Atlanta. Located in the heart of the city, it provides a challenging 9 hole course that can be quickly played under two hours.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a difference three years makes”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I started playing this course a few years ago as an inexperienced golfer and played a few times because of how affordable it was ($11) and how laid back they are. It was nice but the greens and fairways were all beat up and worth the $11 dollars. After a few years, I came back last week and could not believe what I saw. The fairways were great, the greens were beautiful, and the best part is that it is still $11, and the staff are as laid back and nice as always. I recommend this to new and experienced golfers! I am a little bit better now, but its still a challenging/rewarding course. You know what, I just talked myself into going today

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jonathan L
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Deal in the Heart of Atlanta”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

As a college student in Atlanta that's about to graduate, I wish I had found out about this place earlier... what a bargain. The 9 holes -- 5 par 3s and 4 par 4s -- are challenging for any level golfer. For what they charge ($7 for 9 holes with a student ID),the fairways and greens are kept in fine condition. On top of that, the course has tons of history and tradition, dating back years. If you're skeptical, check it out, you won't be disappointed.