“Friendly, professional home away from home.”

Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #51 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Aventura, Florida
“Friendly, professional home away from home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My experience with this property was nothing short of exceptional. From the first site trip I made to Atlanta, to the end of my stay I, and all of the people we brought into the hotel, were treated with a warmth and courtesy that is sadly missing from most hotels around the country. In fact, it felt like a small, "Mom & Pop" type bed and breakfast somewhere in rural Vermont (without the snow!!)
The staff went out of their way to make sure our needs were met and they did a wonderful job. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone, either for business or personal use.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Indonesian first
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Stayed at the Glenn for 4 nights. I stay at Marriotts ALOT! I saw that this was a fairly new property and thought...why not? (its new to the marriott system..but has been a hotel for several years)

A couple of days prior to my arrival I was sent the "pre arrival concierge email" asking if I wanted to request anything...& as usual I did. I requested a high floor and extra foam pillows. When I arrived, I got a high floor...but only becasue I had to ask for it...and of course the pillow request was not honored. I thought it was because I switched rooms upon arrival...but the agent never mentioned it during checkin...so I never got the foam pillows. I asked for extra hangers upon checkin...had to call twice to actually get them delivered.

The front desk was not knowledgable on the local area and seemed very apathetic. I asked for food delivery options avaialable (on sundays) and was given 2 options...when I called, both don't deliver on sundays!

The "Lounge" service was slow...and certainly not up to Marriott Standards. The bartender (I don't know his name) was AMAZING! He was very friendly and seemed to genuinely care about his Job and made me feel welcomed on my first visit to this hotel!

The rooms are well apppointed, but due to the "historical" status...the rooms are tiny...which is not the hotels fault..but just a fact! The water pressure was very eratic! I was burned the first day in the shower because the temparature regulator was not functioning correctly and only produced EXTREEMELY hot water and nothing else...even 100% on cold. I told the desk that morning and they sent an associate up that day to fix. It was better for the rest of my stay but the temp still faded in and out. The i-home in the room did not work..had to call to get it fixed. There was NEVER any follow up from the hotel for any of the issues that I had experienced. I checked my folio on the TV and was given the option for 3 other guests bills...not sure how that happened??

The in room amenities are nice and the beds were amazing!

Overall...I would most likely not stay at this property again if given the option of another of similar value. It looks nice in the pictures...but the service does not match the slick marketing!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Todd M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I traveled to Atlanta on January 27-29 and lodged at the Glenn Hotel. Atlanta is a beautiful city with MANY places to eat. The restaurants were great, especially Papadeaux (?). The hotel lobby, which is a restaurant, is very nice. Very clean, smells great, nice ambiance, just an overall good vibe and the food smells delicious. I actually had a waffle type of dessert there that was AMAZING!!! A must try.

Room
The room was small, but it seems like a boutique hotel so that was expected. It was clean, the bathroom was decorated nicely and was kind of modern like. It had a shower where the shower wall was glass and you could see through to the bedroom. Cool idea, but when you're rooming with someone it kind of feels weird bc you're washing and they can kind of see you. But never the less, it is a nice hotel. I really have no complaints. Good location, not too far from anything. I'd def refer this place to a friend and come back to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Stayed overnight at The Glenn Hotel for my husbands birthday. Love the decor and boutique feel to the hotel. Room was clean and comfortable. Hallways were a little dark. I failed to miss the decor grass growing along the hallway walls. Glad my husband snapped a pic. Our room had a peek a boo shower window, so if your not staying with a significant other, you need to ask for a room without one. Was within walking distance to Centennial Olympic Park, World of Coke, CNN, Pitty Pats Porch and Hard Rock Cafe. Only downside was the $26 a day valet parking. Very nice lobby with restaurant and bar. Front desk located in back near exit. Zen waterfall decor near valet. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: some rooms have a peek a boo shower window
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mstngpony68
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

The Glenn Hotel is an Atlanta gem. It is a boutique hotel that offers the best in personalized service. It is one of my favorite hotels in the city. In addition to being a great place for a business lunch and meeting, it is conveniently located to all of Atlanta's top attractions. I have been to this hotel on many occasions and have had nothing but the best experiences. It is a great product with great service at a reasonable price!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
GlennHotelGM, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Mike,

Thanks for the review. I am very proud of my friends (co-workers) at "glenn". They do go out of their way to ensure every guest experience is truly memorable. As well, "glenn's kitchen" is a great place for lunch with friends for lunch.

Again, thanks for the great review!

Friends,

Jeffrey Hassan
Area General Manager
(404) 469-0580
georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Glenn with kids for the weekend. It was our first stay as we usually stay at the Marquis when downtown. The reception was great and very friendly. Our room was two double beds and well decorated. We called down for extra towels and the staff brought up cookies for the kids. The only compliant is that on returning to our room Saturday at 430 our room had not been cleaned. Overall great stay and would stay again.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank tcpritch78
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

I enjoyed my stay here at the Glenn Hotel. Walking distance to the World Congress Center, and many restaurants. Room was nice, and beds were soooo comfortable. The nicest beds I have slept in in a long time. Boutique styling, was nice.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business