“Very Cool Spot”

Ranked #50 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Seattle, Washington
“Very Cool Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

The Glenn Hotel is one of my favorite in Atlanta. The location is perfect and there are a lot of great things in the city within walking distance. The building itself has unique charm and a lot of history. The Marriott staff is absolutely wonderful as well. I love the rooms. Get a suite if you can which is a perfect size room to spend quality time with someone. The regular rooms can be a bit small but still very nice. Whenever I come to Atlanta, I am sure to always book this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Indonesian first
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed 5 nights in the Glenn,
I enjoyed it very much. It is not one of these typical american huge hotels that have no personality whatsoever. The Glenn has personality, the staff is great and after 2 days u know them all.
Rooms are not the biggest, but the bed was ok.
All in all.. I liked it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
brownsville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

The property is in very bad shape, from bad beds to stains in the carpet to broken air conditioners to hangers with clips that don't work to TV Remotes with functions that don't work. The beds are worth a double mention. I changed rooms to get a better bed. The third room {the first had a broken AC} had 2 doubles, one which was as bad as the second room and the other which was just bad. The Glenn is now tops on my list of bad beds pushing the Antler Inn to second place. The staff is very nice and tried to accommodate me but there was not much they could do with such a bad property. This is by far the worst Marriott brand Hotel I have ever stayed in and I am not happy with Marriott for deceiving me into staying at the Glenn by putting it's name on the property. I would strongly recommend staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank knuhles
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

My son & I stayed here while attending a concert at Phillips (which is right across the street). This is a great boutique hotel in a perfect lcation for any downtown event. Also close to Marta, so you can take that to areas outside of downtown as well. The ENTIRE staff is the friendliest I have ever encountered at ANY hotel! They truely seem to love working there, & it shows. The rooms are somewhat small, but it is after all a boutique hotel, where rooms are expected to be that way. Not a problem for me. The room was very comfortable, especially the bed. Had a great nights sleep! I plan to stay here every time I'm in Atlanta. Do yourself a favor, skip the Omni & stay at The Glenn! :))

Room Tip: My room on the front wasn't particularily loud, but there was some traffic noise. If that tends...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

This is our favorite downtown hotel - we have stayed here the last 7 years when we attend a conference at the GWCC. Also within walking distance are centenial park, cnn, the aquarium and the arena. We stay in a corner room suite which is super spacious. The Marta is around the corner so that you can easily park and ride for a good deal of the city. We ate in Decatur twice which was a 15 minute train ride. The staff will go out of their way to make your stay great. The hotel is starting to show a little wear and tear but it is really clean and comfortable. The restaurant is decent and the skylounge has an amazing view. The drinks are delicious which makes the view that much better! I love this hotel. We rebooked again for next year.

Room Tip: See if you can get a corner suite - the rooms are more spacious.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

"NO" does not appear to be in their vocabulary. Nestled in an historic hotel, the Glenn shows it's age even though updated. However, the charm is great and rooms clean. For Marriott Platinum they give very generous upgrades and they provide a voucher for the breakfast in dining room.

The service started with the valet and continued at check-in.

Dining at the Glenn...don't see exactly what you want, ask for something off the menu. If they can accomodate...they will. Wait staff, very friendly. I wanted just shrimp and green beans, not a problem. BTW, their trout was also excellent.

The service extents to the bar both roof top and ground floor. Good selection of beverages and a bartender with a great personality. (Marine.. . thank you for your service.)

Great location to downtown, aquarium, and arena.

I will stay here again when in town, you should too.

Sandy J.
Marriott Platinum and Road Warrior.

• Stayed March 2013
Bristow, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed at The Glenn for a mixed business and short weekender. We arrived on 2/14 and left on 2/16. We had a good rate as we were hosted by the group I was supporting on business and they have a standing contract. Our room as on the 10th floor and we were on the Olympic Park side of the building so the view from the window was a nice urban view save the parking deck low down in the view.

Now everyone has commented on the size of the rooms... on the key card there is a quote that says "if you don't tell us our rooms are small we won't point out your shortcomings".. very fitting as the rooms are boutique and small for american rooms and large for european. So all in all a good sized room you could move about in without a problem. I would not want to spend a week in it for business purposes. This is a great place for a weekend or an urban romantic getaway.

The oft mentioned shower with the window into the room is great for a romantic setting and the shower curtain can be pulled to hide any other bathroom activities. We liked it...

The room was very clean and well appointed.. we had room 1007 so the martini shaker and glasses seemed appropriate. The bed was very very comfortable, the towels nice, the room very clean. Colors were sort of avant garde in orange, deep red and brown. There was an odd hedge row of grass along the kick-board in the passageways we found a bit odd but it added to the uniqueness of the place.

The top floor roof lounge and/or sky bar was nice. The view at sunset is something worth seeing. It was february so chilly, they had the side flaps up and the heaters on but the furniture was comfortable and the ambience very adult so we were able to get cozy on the couches. The DJ was friendly and the place was lightly attended so we had some personal attention from the staff. Service was outstanding, in fact I left my room key on the table as we left for dinner (Ray's downtown very good).. and they saved it for when we returned. The drinks up top are very pricey but it follows for the location and the view. I'm sure this hotel makes a good portion of their revenue off this bar in the warmer months.

The staff was fantastic and the bar in the lobby was very good, less pricey than the topside. Bartenders were all very friendly and helpful, the pours were generous and they had a great selection of single malts and wines. The food was also good we had breakfast there every day, the wait staff was friendly and remembered us by name. The door staff and parking staff were great in getting our luggage, hailing cabs, and providing directions.

This will be our place to stay every time we go to Atlanta if we have a choice. Interestingly, had we been researching hotels we probably would never have picked it from any list. We ended up here as a result of who we were doing business with and the proximity to the business.

Room Tip: The higher the better and the front side for good views.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business