“Decent, but not great”

Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #58 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

This is a nice, trendy boutique hotel. The rooms are stylish, but on the smaller side. The king bed room I had had a funky shower that had a big glass wall/window so that anyone in the room can see whoever is showering. That might be a problem if you have a roommate who is not your spouse/partner! It was also a bit annoying as you have to keep the blinds fully drawn as someone might be able to also are into the shower through the room's outdoor window.

The workout gym was in the basement and fairly small. The TVs on the ellipticals didn't work, the scale didn't work, and my room safe also didn't work (the safe might have just needed new batteries, but I didn't have time to wait around for the maintenance person to come. So more attention to detail might be good.

Overall the stay was fine, I'd just probably try somewhere else next time.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ATX_Tips

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I absolutely love this hotel. I will say that I was in a suite and not a regular room, so maybe that had a bit of an effect on my overall view. The suites are amazing. There is a ton of space, lots of windows for natural lighting. I ate at the bar and their fish was top notch. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I spent some time at the rooftop lounge, where the view is great, and the bartenders really seem to know what their doing. I really enjoyed the ambiance of the hotel. Also, they gave me a free mojito at check in, I simply cannot complain!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank barbs_platypus
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff & cool lounge ambiance don't make up for the tiny suites, dated decor (indoor fake grass in the halls) & windows that don't open. Needs updating. Location is convenient but not inspiring. And the guy spitting chewing tobacco at the bar didn't help the ambiance.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sbyeswecan
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Had a drink as part of a GroupOn offer for the Sky Lounge. Did not stay there overnight so can't comment on rooms. There is a good view of the Centennial Park area from this rooftop lounge. You get your own drinks from the bar, there were few tables (there was a private party that took up most of the space at the time), the windows are higher than most of the seating, and if you want a bite to eat, you'll need to go downstairs to the dining room or bar. So not real "user friendly". The dinner menu is limited; I had the hamburger, recommended by a bellman in the elevator and it was very good as he said. The staff goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful, though the waitress was clearly busy and a few minor issues were forgotten (delivered dinner without utensils to eat with). Apparently, this is owned by Marriott, so my guess is that it will continue to improve.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel is BEAUTIFUL!! My husband and I went for our 8th year anniversary and had ordered a deal on Living Social, however when I got there and told the ladies at the counter it was my Anniversary the General Manager Cynthia upgraded my room to a SUITEEEEEEEEEE!! I was floored and so happy. I will stay at this hotel again, and enjoyed the Parking service/ bellman was excellent and very friendly. Had a little incident with the Skybar, but other than that everything a PERFECT! Please visit, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank icatcher
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel 1 night to see a show at the Tabernacle. We chose it because of the reasonable price and close proximity to the Tabernacle. We wanted somewhere that we could walk so we didn't have to worry about driving or cab service. They have mandatory valet service. We never got our car out until we left but they were great & very helpful anytime we needed. You can come & go anytime of the night just have your key card for the elevator. I loved that they have a really great restaurant and rooftop bar onsite. You never have to leave. The rooms are small but very nice. Upscale whimsical décor. Bed was VERY comfortable with nice linens. Peek-a-boo shower is fun but makes it not so great a choice if you aren't with a significant other and would like a little more privacy. Overall, I would go back again & again. Staff was incredibly nice. No problems other than the Cancer Walk the next morning that started at the crack of dawn. Woke up to Mambo#5 playing, however, this was no fault of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jodi T
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I am currently staying in this hotel and love it. When I got here and checked in the people at the desk were very friendly and welcoming. When I saw the "grass" in the hall I laughed...so 50s. My room was wonderful with a full living room and a separate bedroom with thick doors that soundproofed me from any possible hall noise. The room is completely retro, and reminded me of the 50's, even down to the lamps in the living room and bedroom (pull cords, cheesy glass balls). The bed is your typical, wonderfully comfortable, Marriott bed.

I brought my friend over who is at our conference hotel and she loved it. As she pointed out the "beat up" coffee table is original and the couch was comfortable. It reminded us of our houses when we were kids. Too bad our Moms threw all that stuff away.

The restaurant staff was also great. I had a book discussion with my waitress the first morning and today my waitress wanted me to order more of my free food because all I asked for was the fruit.

Love this place, lots of fun. I stay in a lot of hotels and like Autograph collection because they are all different.

Room Tip: Gut a suite if you want more room. I got a corner room, very comfortable.