“Great hotel, pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection

Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #49 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Metairie
“Great hotel, pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I booked this hotel for its proximity to The Tabernacle, and I was also able to get a good room rate through a promotion they offered. I had a king bed room, on a high floor, with a good view of the new ferris wheel, some of Centennial Park, and a clear view of The Tabernacle, which was great, since I was walking there.

The staff could not have been better. Brought up and down my bags, got me a cab when I needed it, replaced my room key when I locked mine in the business center. I couldn't wait to try the restaurant and had a wonderful meal there Saturday night.

I absolutely loved the layout of the bathroom. Even though the square footage is noted to be small, I think the layout of the room made great use of the space. As a plus size person, I was very appreciative of the layout of the bathroom, with the toilet in the corner, and the large walk in shower. Yes, there was the peekaboo window in the shower, and I don't think I'd feel comfortable in this room with someone other than a significant other, but if traveling with a spouse, I think it's perfect.

The king size bed was so comfortable! Loved the chest of drawers and closet and cooler, which was more than adequate for my long weekend of clothing for both cool and warm weather.

What really shocked me was what a great rate I got at this hotel at this location! I've stayed at other hotels that really gouge you for the location, and this was such a bargain! Right next door to Phillips Arena. A block over was CNN Center. Georgia Dome just down the hill. Centennial Park, the ferris wheel, and The Tabernacle only a couple of blocks away.

I took a cab to the Georgia Aquarium, ten dollars, totally worth it to save my feet for walking the Aquarium and keeping out of the cold that day. But someone in better shape could definitely walk it.

I would definitely return to this hotel to see more of downtown Atlanta. Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: King size bed, view of Centennial Park. Beware of peekaboo shower if not traveling with a significa...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Montegut

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Indonesian first
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

This is a nice, trendy boutique hotel. The rooms are stylish, but on the smaller side. The king bed room I had had a funky shower that had a big glass wall/window so that anyone in the room can see whoever is showering. That might be a problem if you have a roommate who is not your spouse/partner! It was also a bit annoying as you have to keep the blinds fully drawn as someone might be able to also are into the shower through the room's outdoor window.

The workout gym was in the basement and fairly small. The TVs on the ellipticals didn't work, the scale didn't work, and my room safe also didn't work (the safe might have just needed new batteries, but I didn't have time to wait around for the maintenance person to come. So more attention to detail might be good.

Overall the stay was fine, I'd just probably try somewhere else next time.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ATX_Tips
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I absolutely love this hotel. I will say that I was in a suite and not a regular room, so maybe that had a bit of an effect on my overall view. The suites are amazing. There is a ton of space, lots of windows for natural lighting. I ate at the bar and their fish was top notch. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I spent some time at the rooftop lounge, where the view is great, and the bartenders really seem to know what their doing. I really enjoyed the ambiance of the hotel. Also, they gave me a free mojito at check in, I simply cannot complain!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank barbs_platypus
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff & cool lounge ambiance don't make up for the tiny suites, dated decor (indoor fake grass in the halls) & windows that don't open. Needs updating. Location is convenient but not inspiring. And the guy spitting chewing tobacco at the bar didn't help the ambiance.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sbyeswecan
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Had a drink as part of a GroupOn offer for the Sky Lounge. Did not stay there overnight so can't comment on rooms. There is a good view of the Centennial Park area from this rooftop lounge. You get your own drinks from the bar, there were few tables (there was a private party that took up most of the space at the time), the windows are higher than most of the seating, and if you want a bite to eat, you'll need to go downstairs to the dining room or bar. So not real "user friendly". The dinner menu is limited; I had the hamburger, recommended by a bellman in the elevator and it was very good as he said. The staff goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful, though the waitress was clearly busy and a few minor issues were forgotten (delivered dinner without utensils to eat with). Apparently, this is owned by Marriott, so my guess is that it will continue to improve.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel is BEAUTIFUL!! My husband and I went for our 8th year anniversary and had ordered a deal on Living Social, however when I got there and told the ladies at the counter it was my Anniversary the General Manager Cynthia upgraded my room to a SUITEEEEEEEEEE!! I was floored and so happy. I will stay at this hotel again, and enjoyed the Parking service/ bellman was excellent and very friendly. Had a little incident with the Skybar, but other than that everything a PERFECT! Please visit, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank icatcher
Chattanoooga, Tn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel 1 night to see a show at the Tabernacle. We chose it because of the reasonable price and close proximity to the Tabernacle. We wanted somewhere that we could walk so we didn't have to worry about driving or cab service. They have mandatory valet service. We never got our car out until we left but they were great & very helpful anytime we needed. You can come & go anytime of the night just have your key card for the elevator. I loved that they have a really great restaurant and rooftop bar onsite. You never have to leave. The rooms are small but very nice. Upscale whimsical décor. Bed was VERY comfortable with nice linens. Peek-a-boo shower is fun but makes it not so great a choice if you aren't with a significant other and would like a little more privacy. Overall, I would go back again & again. Staff was incredibly nice. No problems other than the Cancer Walk the next morning that started at the crack of dawn. Woke up to Mambo#5 playing, however, this was no fault of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Jodi T