“Wonderful hotel for GWCC Business in Atlanta” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection

Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #50 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Austin, TX
“Wonderful hotel for GWCC Business in Atlanta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2009

I had a great stay in downtown Atlanta during a conference at the GWCC. I was hesitant to stay in downtown Atlanta after reading other reviews, but chose the Glenn Hotel due to it's proximity to the GWCC. This boutique hotel really goes the extra mile for it's guests. The hotel staff is so friendly and accomodating. It was little things that I really appreciated, like asking if I needed and then lending me an umbrella during a rainstorm. They also gave me bandaids for my worn feet after so much walking during my conference. It doesn't sound like a big thing, but it made a huge difference to me.

The location is really ideal. I felt very safe walking to and from the GWCC. The Glenn is two blocks from the GWCC entrance. It is located across the street from Olympic Centennial Park, which is only a few blocks from the Aquarium and Coca Cola World. I was able to walk the downtown area from the hotel.

I also appreciate the free internet. All hotels should offer this service. Their business center and the workout facility are very nice and came in handy.

It's a boutique hotel, so the rooms are small, but extremely well-appointed with good lighting, easy access to power for your computer and other electronics. Very clean rooms and bathrooms. I love the bright, eclectic decor of the room and the rest of the hotel. The food from the restaurant was also very good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Indonesian first
san francisco, ca
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2009

the lobby is by far the best part of the hotel and even it is kind of shabby when you look too closely at the details behind the trendy facade. the rooms are atrocious: small, badly designed, and dirty. the furniture was cheap and worn. one of the desks was broken. the rooms my companions and i stayed in were incredibly filthy and even had urine stains in one of the bathrooms. another room had stained towels in the bathroom. the bed sheets looked as though they had not been laundered. the front desk personnel were not responsive to our complaints. this is just a partial list of the problems we had. this hotel was so awful, we took photos to show our friends.

1 Thank atasan
Davidson, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2009

After the reviews I have seen I was ready to like this place, but soon after arrival I seriously wondered if they just opened the day before.
The room was extremely small. I mean really small. The high ceilings helped a little. Flat screen TV was a nice option. The high speed internet was really fast. For a boutique hotel, the decor was pretty bland.
The "restaurant" in the hotel was probably the worst part. They did not have a clue what they were doing. From entering the food on it was horrible. I guess thier opening the full restaurant soon and this is a test. I am not sure, but it was no less than a joke and everyone in the bar area was complaining.
The drapes would not let down in the room. There was a lot of light from the parking deck outside of my window and this made it hard to sleep. No vending and when I went to get a coke from the bar, they did not want me to leave with the glass. No ironing board in the morning. Now breakfast was as bad as dinner (I know I should have learned my lesson). I ordered an egg sandwich for $11 and it was just an egg sandwich. I mean a english muffin with egg.
Honestly, it seemed as if they did not know what they were doing. I have stayed in other boutique hotels and they seem to be trying, but don't quite have it down yet.

2 Thank Brianm99
Augusta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2009

My husband and I wanted a little getaway for a romantic weekend, so I booked the Glenn Hotel. I have read all the other reviews and was taken back at some of the negativity about the hotel. When we arrived, we had a little trouble because I didn't know that the only parking was valet, usually it's your preference and I also didn't know that you had to pay $75 per night for incidentals. But after talking to the manager Ms. Ava and assistant Ms. Dionne, everything was taken care of. They made sure we were satisfied. The hotel was beautiful and because it was the Valentine's weekend they really outdid themselves with the Prime Maxim restaurant. It was like being in a classy movie. The only regret I had was not being able to go to the rooftop lounge which was closed due to the weather. But other than that. It was the best romantic time you could imagine. The hotel even left chocolate on our pillow for Valentines Day. My husband really liked the personalized welcome that is displayed on the flat screen. Thank you so much to the employees of The Glenn Hotel. You all have really made an impression on us.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank passion34
Cumming, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2009

We had a large group stay at the Glenn while at a convention at the World Congress Center. The only positive thing I can say about the hotel is the distance to convention center, other than that worst hotel I have ever stayed. The rooms were clean and neat, although small. Our group booked our rooms 6 months prior to our arrival and we were promised king beds, but when we checked in we were given queen beds. My biggest complaint was that while walking in our group, someone in our group noticed her car passing us by on the street, when we arrived at the hotel and questioned why our cars were not in the attached parking deck they told us that they park cars off property to allow for parking for the attached restaurant. They did not disclose where this lot was or wheter or not it was secure. The ticket states they could park it in an adajecent lot, but they did not utilize the lot acorss the street, and parked it a block away or so we were told, all while charging $25 per day to park. When I checked out my room rate was billed $40 more than our contract rate, they promised to correct the bill but could not print me a receipt. If you want a snotty, small hotel, that has the right to drive you car anywhere they wish, then by all means stay at the Glenn. I can promise after staying at many upscale hotels and resorts this hotel is the worst in the honesty department.

1 Thank falconwidow
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2009

This is a great boutique hotel. The rooms were on the small size but the comfortable bed and sheets made up for it. The staff was extremely friendly and it seemed like they were given the responsibility to do what it takes to make the customer happy. Example: When engineering couldn't make the Fox Network come in on my TV, he offered me a free hotel movie for my inconvenience.

The wireless internet is free, fast and reliable. The cocktail bar was great. BEST OF ALL: The hotel is next to CNN Center so it was a quick 5-minute walk to the convention center.

• Liked — service and proximity to the Convention Center
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DanFromMpls
Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2009

I have to say this is the worst hotel experience ever!! My husband and I tried to book our reservation over a month ahead of time, through a travel auction site. The site sent in the reservations to be confirmed immediately, but we still had no response from the Glenn hotel after 3 weeks. During this time we repeatedly called the hotel to make sure our reservations were confirmed -each time we were sent to a voice mail or told the person who handles reservations was not in. We were never called back during the entire 3 weeks period. Finally we called the auction site to see if they knew what was going on -they hadn't had much more luck than we had in contacting the hotel. Finally though, after 4 weeks of wait and 1 week before the date we were trying to book, the travel company got a response -we were denied the dates we tried to book. We called the hotel to see why it took so long to just be denied a hotel booking -they were extremely rude, had no real reasons why (their own web site shows rooms available, so why couldn't we have one??!!), and were very unapologetic about never calling us back after multiple messages and promises of a call back. I have never dealt with such an unprofessional and inconsiderate hotel staff in my entire life!! What a waste of a supposedly beautiful place to stock it with the worst staff ever; so save your breath, time , and money and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
2 Thank trixiisixx
glenn110, Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 5 February 2009
I would like to address this comment by saying that it is normal hotel practice to decline a request for hotel accommodation whenever there is a gift certificate, voucher, or trade involve. In this situation the request to redeem was for a trade night that was purchased through a third party or Travel Company. The request came through the Travel Company via email and was denied because the date requested was over a special event, Valentine’s Day. Every request that gets denied is provided with an explanation and alternative dates were given as to when we could accommodate.

I am uncertain whether or not the Travel Company replied to the caller in a timely but I can assure that it was handled promptly and properly at the hotel. During the call, at no time was I rude, unprofessional, or inconsiderate as suggested.

Also, I would like to say that it is normal hotel practice to close out discount and promotional rates once occupancy reaches a certain level. Complimentary request and trade request are no different.

We welcome all types of reservations but like any business, there are practices to adhere to in order to be successful.