“From 1 Road Warrior To Another...”

Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #53 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“From 1 Road Warrior To Another...”
Reviewed 25 July 2010

My first review in 3 years of 150,000 + miles travel and it was the Glenn which prompted me to finally do it. Let me start by saying I am pretty loyal to the Marriott chain but given that these days most city centre business hotels are equivalent in features and functionality, it is the service that makes or breaks a hotel for me. Without a doubt, one of the best service staff I've ever encountered, from top floor to shop floor. If you are like me and appreciate being looked after when arriving from a 9-hour flight with a meeting in 7, this is the spot in downtown Atlanta. Now, for the hotel management, please don't stop keeping your focus here, I hate seeing hotels one month win and the next lose, keep your staff motivated, happy and I'll definitely be back...hopefully next time its not so hot!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank wurldtech
CXO, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 28 July 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent visit. As Chief Happiness Officer, you absolutely made our day. We are passionate about our guests' happiness and will continue to reinvent hospitality so our guests feel "the love." Nanci

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Indonesian first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2010

This is a pretty hip hotel with very friendly staff. Probably the friendliest I've seen in my travels. It's also pretty well located. There's not much else going for this hotel though. The room are pretty small for the price they charge. They are clean and well equipped, but at the price I paid, I would have expected a bit larger. I would also have appreciated not being on the side of Marietta street where I was awaken constantly by loud trucks.

There was also this weird glass window that took pretty much the whole height and width of the wall seperating the shower from the bedroom, so you can basically see whoever's in the shower from the bed. I was alone, so that wasn't a problem and even if I were with my gf, I think that wouldn't have been a problem for us, but it may be awkward for others.

The restaurant and the bar are grossly overpriced, the food is really not that good and it took them way too long to bring it. I mean, what part of putting cream cheese on pieces of bread and putting salmon on top of it takes half an hour? If you decide to stay there, go eat somewhere else.

All in all, it's not a terrible hotel in any way, I don't regret going there. Still, I don't know Atlanta hotels much, but I'm sure you could find either better rooms for a similar price or a similar room for cheaper.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
PersonalHost, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 20 July 2010
Hi and thanks so much for being our guest and enjoying our very special team of personal hosts. The restaurant is undergoing menu, management and staffing changes and we think you will just love the price point and flavors should we have the pleasure of your return visit. Larger rooms are certainly available at the hotel and you just can't beat the location to be in the heart of all the attractions. Thanks again. Travel well and safe.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Hubby and I had a wonderful extended intown getaway(we live in the Atlanta area), we attended a party downtown Atlanta and decided to make it a getaway weekend. The staff was very helpful...FIRST CLASS SERVICE from Valet to Check in, everyone! Tony, Ryan, Missy, Lauren, Rob, and Angela to name a few. The rooms were a bit smaller than I have been accustomed to but they surely make you forget about the limited space, plush towels, confortable bed and pillows and let's not forget the signature peek-a-boo shower, such a romantic touch !!! I highly recommend staying at the Glenn Hotel the next time you visit Atlanta or just for a weekend getaway to unwind, the price is unbeatable.

See you at the Glenn soon !!!
Very Satisfied Intown Guests,
CM

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 4 June 2010

I stayed at The Glenn while attending a conference at the Georgia World Conference Center for 6 days. I originally chose the The Glenn for it's price per night, it was quaint, and it was in perfect walking distance to the CNN Center, Centennial Park, and GWCC. The hotel staff truly exhibited southern hospitality...they knew my name by the second day, and greeted me every morning and evening when I returned to the hotel. The Glenn was absolutely beautiful, and something you might expect to see in New York - very chic. Loved the front lobby and bar, and the rooftop lounge offers a spectacular view of Atlanta at night. The rooms are small - studio style, and have only one bed. I am a "sheet snob", and I was not disappointed in the linens! The beds were very comfortable - high thread count sheets, down comforter in duvet, and plenty of cushy down pillows. This hotel is perfect for someone traveling alone, or with a partner - definitely a "lover's hotel"! One of the cool things about the room (that wouldn't be cool if you were traveling with a business partner or friend), is the shower. The walk-in shower (complete with rain shower head, as well as hand-held) is connected to the bedroom by a large glass window, that is draped with steel beads....very sexy! Loved the shower products, and the towels were soft. I never got to eat at the restaurant, 30 Tables, but my concierge, Kizmet, recommended the pancakes with pecans, and said they were amazing. I did get to visit the lobby bar and shared a wonderful evening with my sister over a bottle of wine, and a house special cocktail, an Elderflower Sparkle - It was delicious, and priced average for an ATL cocktail at $10. There was free Wi-Fi internet, a decent-sized flat screen tv, and i-pod docking alarm clock in the room. Valet parking is a must, and is $26/day. A few downsides...because the hotel is in downtown ATL, there is occasional traffic noise (mainly ambulance/police), but this would be expected at any hotel in downtown. Overall, this is a wonderful hotel with great customer service and sleek up-city feel....I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
The Moon
Reviewed 29 May 2010

Just in case you don't feel like reading what is bound to be a novel (in the car - plenty of time!) the BEST thing about this hotel was the genuinely great service. Tony, who helped us throughout our stay, left us discussing how awesome he was as we headed out to New Orleans.

After The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North made us swear off Westin hotels for life, The Glenn was a great final memory. We checked in fatigued on the 7th day of our trip and after a mishap that was handled too well to mention the chic squishy couch in our room offered a much needed retreat from hussle of the city. After getting cleaned up, the restaurant on the first floor sounded like a good idea - and it was. She had pasta w/ eggplant & goat cheese and I kept it simple w/ the house burger (white cheddar & crispy onions - mmmmm). Our in-room breakfast the next day was equally satisfying. Next time we will head straight to our buddy Glenn.

Our goal was to recharge and Glenn made it so. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 10 May 2010

My wife and I checked into the Glenn and were truly happy and excited to be there after our last two 4 star hotel experiences actually ended up being hotels that couldn't even qualify as 2 star hotels.

The lobby was amazing, the hotel staff was great, the room decor and amenities were fantastic and exactly what we expect out of a 4 star hotel. The bed and linens were extremely comfortable. Everything in the hotel had a feeling of quality and elegance. We really liked the hotel, would definitely stay there again, and it beat the pants off the last two 4 star hotels we have stayed in. The location was great for anything you want to do in downtown Atlanta, anything in downtown is within 10 minutes walking. It is right next to the CNN Center, Georgia Dome and Olympic Park (with Georgia Aquarium and Coca-Cola Center).

One of the reasons I booked the hotel was that the rooftop lounge made it stand out from the other similar hotels in the area, especially for a nice place for my wife and I to spend some time. One thing that is not specified is that both the lobby and the rooftop lounge turn into a loud hip-hop club open to the public starting early evening. This did not have an impact on our room or sleep at all, the noise didn't make it to the rooms and the public wasn't able to get into the hotel elevators. However, the music and the crowd that attended the bar didn't fit in with the hotel at all. My wife and I tried the rooftop lounge early in the evening and the hotel lobby bar later and did not last long because the music was loud and obnoxious and there were so many people that we could not relax. Also, walking through the lobby (bar) later at night to get to the elevators was frustrating. Like I said, this didn't affect the stay in our room, but keep this in mind if you normally like to enjoy the hotel lounge. I am sure opening it up to the public brings in a lot of revenue for the hotel, but my number one recommendation to management to improve the hotel would be to change the theme to more of a jazz style club and seriously limit public access, or at least separate all bar areas and entrances to them from the hotel entrance and lobby.

The room sizes were smaller than I expect out of a 4 star hotel, but I knew to expect that from other reviews and it was large enough and very comfortable. My only other issue was that our bath towels were cheap, stiff and were falling apart, but the hand towels and wash cloths were top notch. They probably just ran out of the newer towels in our room.

There was no self park and the valet fee was $26. If you are trying to save a few dollars, there are a lot of parking garages within a block or two that charge $5-$15 per day to park. The parking garage attached to the hotel appeared to be private access only.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
PersonalHost, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 13 May 2010
We are so glad you enjoyed your visit. We think the hotel has a very special spirit and warmth. We are awaiting a brand new shipment of customized linen and terry that will be in place by June 10th, and are reviewing the music on the roof as well. Also, on future stays, after June 10th, all guests will be able to receive Marriott Rewards although the special independent nature of the hotel will be retained. All the best to you. Thanks.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 May 2010

The Glenn positions itself as Atlanta's trendy hotel (features include a roof lounge, chic lobby, etc.) And while these characteristics may have appeal, unfortunately, it is difficult to enjoy any of them since they appear to come at the expense of basic service. The front desk personnel are especially feckless...I would especially caution business travelers to strongly consider other options.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business