“New in 2014 Great hotel”

Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Ranked #11 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Savannah, Georgia
“New in 2014 Great hotel”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed there 3 days, starting on their first official opening day. For people who are not familiar with Atlanta, you will need your GPS to find it. Otherwise, it really is a great hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Shopping center and restaurants are just on the other side of the highway. Our usual Atlanta hotels are starting to get dated. The price was very reasonable for the hotel. If you are a Hyatt points member, you should stay here. We usually stay at the Hilton near this hotel, but we will be staying here from now on.

There is a restaurant, bar area, and a small take out sandwich / pizza place too. We never eat at hotel restaurants, except for occasional breakfasts. We did utilize the snack place -- good sandwiches and pizza. The kids loved the outdoor pool.

Free parking covered parking!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Vincent B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Good Day from the Hyatt Atlanta Perimeter – Villa Christina!

Thank you for your Excellent comments and I wanted to take a moment to THANK YOU for your business! We know that you have many choices in lodging accommodations and we really appreciate the fact that you chose to stay at the Hyatt Atlanta Perimeter – Villa Christina.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
Alabama
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Villa Christina for a birthday getaway. I spent a lot of time looking at downtown hotels but chose this property for several reasons: 1) The hotel had only been open a couple of weeks so I knew the issues common to older hotels (i.e., dated furniture, smelly and sometimes dirty rooms) would be avoided. 2) They have free covered parking! 3) They are close enough but not too far away from shopping, restaurants and a Marta station. 4) They had a very reasonable rate considering the amenities.

We had no problems finding the hotel using our GPS. Before entering the hotel, we were greeted by the valet staff. We were again greeted when we approached the front desk. Check-in was fast and easy. I went to check the room out before we hauled all of our luggage up and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel has a modern yet calm vibe that begins in the lobby and continues in the guest rooms. I rushed back downstairs to let my husband know we had a winner and it was safe to bring our bags up.

On to the hotel's greatest asset - THE STAFF. We are true southerners and are very much used to southern hospitality. However, the staff at this property went well above and beyond what we expected to make us feel welcome. They were so accomodating that it was more like we were at a resort than just a hotel. We had the pleasure of being assited by Aushia, Alonzo, Roy and Alex during our stay. I can't say enough about how impressed we were with the personalized service we received from each of these associates. From assitance with printing, to accomodating our schedule with the shuttle service and creating a birthday cocktail especially for me, these associates made our stay so special. I write customer service training for a major corporation so I recognize good service when I see it and these guys are the epitome of that! I truly hope that the hotel's management team recognizes what an asset these associates are and reinforce them for being such wonderful ambassadors of the Hyatt brand.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms have a view of the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Vincent B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Good Day from the Hyatt Atlanta Perimeter – Villa Christina!

We are excited you decided to share your birthday getaway with us!!
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 29 July 2014

While the hotel is quite close to Perimeter Center, it is a bit difficult to locate. I was expecting an old world look because of the name "Villa Christina" so was surprised to see a very modern, trendy interior. The staff was lovely and very helpful, the rooms were stylish and comfortable with lux sheets and linens. The parking structure was easy access and parking was free. I think that charging for internet access is ridiculous and should be free.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Travelismagic
Vincent B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina, responded to this review, 30 July 2014

Alabama
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a new, nice hotel, but we were left with less than a great overall impression. We reserved an Executive King Guestroom and opted for a possible upgrade to an Executive King Suite. The possible upgrade is from a Hyatt program where at check in you can get upgraded to a better room at a slightly reduced price.

At check in the receptionist informed us that we were being put in an Executive Suite. When we got to our room and discovered it was not a suite I called the front desk to make sure we were in the correct room. The gentleman who answered the phone assured me we were supposed to be in a room, not a suite. At check out we discovered we had been charged for the suite. Additionally the bathroom door of our room would not close. The door was out of alignment with the door frame. The door of this new hotel was already showing chips to the paint where others had tried to force the door closed. This was not a matter of a door that was difficult to close. It would not close. It is difficult for me to believe that no staff had noticed the problem with the door before we were put in the room.

One last thing that may not be seen as a problem by some, but which bothered me was the hotel does not use top sheets on their beds. You get a fitted sheet and a duvet only. Duvet only may be all the rage in parts of Europe, but Atlanta ain't Europe. Give me my sheets!

We were reimbursed for the suite vs room overcharge and given a small discount on our room for the mistake and problem with the bathroom door. I am rating this hotel 3/5 because compensating for problems is not the same as a problem free stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tahammec
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments regarding your stay. I want to sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay with us. I am disappointed that the issue was not handled to your satisfaction.

Rest assured that I have addressed the issue with our team members as well as management and I can assure you that with the ongoing training we have developed to handle situations like the one you encountered.

We strive to have extremely high standards here at the Hyatt Atlanta Perimeter – Villa Christina and I wish that there was more that I could have done personally to make your experience a little more pleasant and memorable.

As the general manager it is my goal to provide excellent customer service to every guest that visits or looks forward to visit this hotel and that is why I wanted to give you this formal apology.

Please accept this letter as a token of my appreciation of your continuous and future business with us and Hyatt Family of Hotels. If there is anything further that I can do to make your future stay any more comfortable please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly at 678-515-2700.
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

First time here at the new Hyatt, 4 months old, rooms are beautifully decorated (modern vib) and the services side of the hotel excellent. Kudos to the van drivers, Alfonzo and Maureen and the front desk staff (check-in n check-out) Reid and Amos were awesome. All in all great experience.

Room Tip: Don't think you can go wrong, but we were on the 5th floor away from the elevators. Quiet enoug...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Vincent B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina, responded to this review, 29 July 2014

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Last Thursday, my coworkers and I had the opportunity to experience Sassafras bar. The service we received from Ronnie was top notch. He made a few great food suggestions and was very personable. We will definitely be back for our afterwork happy hour. Exceeded our expectations. Thanks Villa, Sassassfras, and Ronnie! :-)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2014

So I have to say up front, the room was nice and clean, the food was decent, and the staff were extremely polite and helpful. Visiting on a business trip, the shuttle was extremely useful as I didn't have to rent a car to try a number of restaurants in the area or get to work. However, I do have one complaint.

The internet here was terrible. Super, super terrible. At peak, I got .5 mb/s down, but I frequently lost connection entirely. In the evenings, I was trying to relax and watch Netflix after work, only to have it frequently cut out for up to 15 minutes at a time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JC S
Good Day from the Hyatt Atlanta Perimeter – Villa Christina!

Thank you for your comments and I wanted to take a moment to THANK YOU for your business! We know that you have many choices in lodging accommodations and we really appreciate the fact that you chose to stay at the Hyatt Atlanta Perimeter – Villa Christina.
My staff and I take your comments very seriously and use your feedback to improve. I want to apologize for the internet, please give us another try to correct this issue. Thank you