“Great experience”

Ranked #106 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Belfast, Maine
“Great experience”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I had a mini-vacation with my true love in Atlanta at the Twelve Atlantic Station. The pictures are what made us make the reservation and we were so happy that they truely were a representation of the room. It was a great overall experience to be able to stay at the hotel and walk around Atlantic Station during the day, catch a movie, eat and go shopping. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and we will be back next year.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor with the balcony and loved to go out on the balcony at night.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 6 October 2011
Dear twin927,

Thank you for writing a review about your visit to TWELVE Atlantic Station. Atlantic Station is a great and unique development that offers great amenities and convenience just a stroll away from the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Thanks,

John Reilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Lilburn Georgia
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This was a return visit to Twelve Atlantic Station . The day started off by the hotel not having the accomodations which I had reserved and confirmed prior to arrival, the hotel did make a $10.00 adjustment in the room rate. The toilet did not work properly, had to take off tank cover to be sure the flapper had closed in order for the toilet to flush. No DVD player, cords there but no player, had to call have one one sent up, which was done. In the hotel information, it stated the pool was open until 10p, went down at 8p and it was locked. Called and was told that it closed a dusk. When turned covers back on bed, there were "p" hairs on the bottom sheet. Most most definitely not choose to stay here again. Sorry!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank ldianne
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
Dear Idianne,

I am sorry to read that we missed the opportunity to give you a great experience on your recent visit to TWELVE Atlantic Station. I will share your feedback and comments with the team. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay personally. If you would email me your contact number I will call you.

sincerely,

jreilly@twelvehotels.com

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Clarksburg, Maryland, USA
Reviewed 31 August 2011

My friend book the hotel block for her wedding at Twelve Atlantic Station. Normally, I would stay at a Marriott property using reward points but since I used to live in Atlanta before Atlantic Station opened so I figured staying at Twelve would provide me the opportunity to get to know a part of town I was not familiar with.
Overall, the hotel is decent. My husband and I were surprised by how large the room was. We did not expect a suite but a regular king room so it larger room was a nice surprise. The kitchen and close proximity to Publix and Target were very convenient. We stayed i the hotel for 4 days so it was great to be able to keep water and snacks on hand.
The in room amenities like the the computer and complimentary wifi were a great addition. We had inclement weather at home so it was great to be able to get online and keep track of the storm.
There are a few things about the hotel that were borderline annoying. The first thing is the key situation. Our key seldom worked and it took multiple swipes - at one point we went back in forth between our room and the front desk getting replacement keys. The other thing about the keys is the elevators - you cannot travel between floors without a key to a room on that floor. In our case, the bride was on the floor above us and her parents were on the floor above that. At one point, I was supposed to meet the bride in her room before heading to the reception site and wasn't able to get to her room via the elevator so I tried the stairs and ended up being locked in the stairway. I had to walk to the first floor, exit the building and walk back around to the entrance. Thankfully, I ran into the groom who was able to get me a key to the room the bride was in so I could get where I needed to go.
The only other thing I did not really like about the hotel is the simple fact that there seemed to be a lot of people just hanging out inside and outside the hotel - people I do not think lived in the residences or were staying at the hotel. I guess that is why the key/elevator situation is what it is. On most nights, there were groups of people standing outside the hotel making a lot of noise.
The last thing I was not thrilled with was the $24/night parking fee. My husband and I rented a car because public transportation in Atlanta doesn't really get you a lot of places we needed to go. I didn't really understand why we were even charged for parking because we had to provide proof that we were staying at the hotel when we checked the car in. Ultimately, the special block rate of $159/night my friend negotiated really was about $200 after parking and taxes which is pretty much the normal rate.
We had breakfast at the hotel before we checked out and were pleasantly surprised by the quality and the price of the food.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Brenda C
Dear DatagURL,

Thank you for your feedback on your visit to TWELVE Atlantic Station. I am sorry to hear we missed the opportunity to turn what appears to be a neutral experience into something much more memorable. Our suites are very large, well equipped and do give our guests the opportunity to spread out and be comfortable. They are a great option for families. Atlantic Station is a unique development with many stores and amenities that make the location very convenient.
The key access by floor is just to ensure that only hotel guests can access the guest floors and usually is very well received by our guests. I think it makes good sense for hotels in metro areas. I certainly take your point on the inconvenience. We do have the capability to provide access to other floors for hotel guests, so I am sorry that we did not anticipate and offer that to you. Our valet rates are actually one of the lowest in the city for hotels. Atlantic Station does provide a self parking option that is still quite convenient at $14 overnight but that does not include in/out priveleges. Thank you for the very positive comment on breakfast.
I will share your comments with the team and we will continue to do our very best to give our valued guests a great experience.

sincerely,

jreilly@twelvehotels.com
Reviewed 29 August 2011

My fiance and myself booked our suite at the Twelve Atlantic Station in advance because he works in Afghanistan. We booked for 10, yes I said TEN days!! We spent thousands of dollars on this room to be able to have my fiance relax, and feel comfortable and be able to kick back. Our last weekend there we had a few family and friends over(total of 3 other people)to celebrate
his being home. At around 3am the front desk manager came to our room and told our guest that they had to leave, not to mention that he came into our bedroom while I was laying in the bed, he didn't say excuse me or anything! He stated that there had been a complaint of noise, I was asleep in the bedroom my fiance and the guys where on the balcony I heard NO NOISE but hey, what can I say!?! The only noise I heard was him banging on our door that's how I woke up! Once my fiance got him out of our bedroom and back into the living area, he proceed to open the front door and began to argue LOUDLY with myself, my fiance and our GUEST! One of our guest had to actually ask him to close the door before you create another complaint. The rudeness and lack of professionalism was
ridiculous. Just as simply as he came to kick our guest out, he could have came and told us to please keep the noise level down because there has been complaints. There is ALWAYS a right and wrong way to go about everything and that was clearly the wrong way. The ONLY positive thing I can say about the twelve is, their house keeping staff were wonderful! I WILL NEVER SPEND MONEY WITH THEM AGAIN, I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE! NEVER!!!!!! My fiance is only home for short periods of time and needless to say, the Twelve ruined his time home! Thanks alot TWELVE ATLANTIC STATION!!!

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank lawsonda82
Georgia
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Hotel was easy to find but once I got there it was difficult to see where the entrance was for the valet parking. Small sign not attached to the building. Was able to store luggage prior to check-in time, in order to attend my function. The staff was very friendly. Extremely nice room. Felt secure. It had inside hallways and no one could enter them or operate the elevators for the rooms unless they had a key card. It had a separate sleeping area and living area both with a TV. Comfortable bed and a nice robe was provided. Tub and shower and one vanity sink in the bathroom. Computer and desk provided. Restaurant and room service available but I did not use either one. Being located in Atlantic Station made for easy walking access to shopping, restaurants, groceries, and movie theater.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Dear ripfortwo,

Thank you for providing a review on TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. I will look into our valet entry signage and see if we can enhance this to make it easier for our guests. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to midtown atlanta.

regards,

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My wife and I stayed in a regular king suite and were very impressed. The suite had a "lofty"/modern feel which we enjoyed. Very nice kitchen area, living area,decent size bedroom, and large bathroom.

Very covienent location as we walked to Strip for drinks and sushi after going to the aquarium. The GM, Mr Reily was very kind and left us a few treats as we were celebrating an anniversary.

Lobby bar abd restuarnt looked very nice but we did not stop by.

All I can say is I WILL be returning in the future !!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hotlanta11
Dear hotlanta1,

Thank you for the review and hope your anniversary was enjoyable. I hope we see you again on your next trip -- (possibly next anniverssary).

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 May 2011

At first appearance this seemed to be a good hotel. The experience proved that despite trying to be upscale/chic, the hotel fumbles the basics. The room was pleasant enough though on the second floor behind the elevators (who designed this? But read on), buti soon found (1) the shower light was out), (2) the drain in the sink was stuck in closed position, (3) there were no hand towels or bath mat, (4) the safe didn't work; low battery. Maintenance corrected the safe and light, andpartially fixed the sink, while using the commode. The sink was fully fixed the next day. Sheets were not changed despite a gratuity, though towels and a bath mat were provided. All in all, not as good as a Courtyard. And, the neighborhood around the hotel is questionable, despite a one.time upscale mall adjacent

Room Tip: Stay away from x05, x06 and x07
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 13 June 2011
Dear Bob1181,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your feedback on your stay. I have shared your comments with the operations team and we are focused on improving our overall consistency. I am glad to report that we have many new improvements and initiatives planned for both the TWELVE Hotel and at Atlantic Station as a whole which will continue to make it an attractive venue for travellers.

regards,