“Superior Service”

Twelve Atlantic Station
Ranked #119 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

I arrived at The Twelve's downtown location very late and with two kids in tow to find it overbooked despite having a reservation. Although we had to drive to the Atlantic Station location, the staff made things right by comping a 2 bedroom suite stocked with complimentary goodies and apologized profusely. The suite was excellent and even my usually oblivious son commented on his comfortable bed.

• Stayed: April 2012
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear kpmeadows1,

Thank you for posting a great review on your stay at TWELVE Atlantic Station Hotel. First let me apologize that we were not able to accommodate at our downtown property. I am delighted to read that our staff took the necessary steps to minimize the inconvenience to you and your family. I am also very pleased to see that you enjoyed your accommodatios at our Atlantic Station property and in particular that your son found the bed to be comfortable. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you on a future occassion.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We switched to this hotel so that we had access to a pool. The hotel lobby is nice and when we checked in the 2 ladies at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

I thought as a "I Prefer" member, i was suppose the offered an upgraded room but i can tell you that we were given one of the worst rooms. ( i noticed other rooms as we walked by when they were being cleaned). The room we were given was small compared to others and very very dark.

I am not sure what is with this hotel company and pillows but they must of purchased the cheapest pillows around as this hotel also had very thin pillows. Later on during the day we checked in i noticed that they had thin pillows, so as we went out for dinner, i stopped by the front desk (around 5:00PM) to ask for 4 pillows to be delivered to the room. The lady at the front desk told me that is not a problem. When we returned around 7:00PM the pillows had not arrived. So i called the front desk and asked why they had not been delivered, i was informed by a gentleman at the front desk that they are out of pillows and that there was nothing they could do about it. Frustrated, I called back about 30 mins later to ask for a pillow case to be sent up so i can use it with the throw pillows from the sofa. At which time the front desk lady that i spoke to before told me that they had pillows and that she would ensure that they are sent up to me.

3 hours later the pillows arrived. This was after the gentleman working in housekeeping came back three different times as he did not understand was needed. ( he came to change the bed, he then came back to exchange the pillows with new pillow cases)

The other issue with this hotel is that more then twice we had the housekeeping staff just walk into the room without knocking (this was not even during normal hours of cleaning, this was in the evening or late in the day). I was shocked that this would happen.

Then on the 2nd to last day and for what ever reason, the housekeeper decided to take away the extra pillows (it was clear with all of our belongings in the room, that we had not checked out) When i called for the extra pillows back, i was told that they could only give me two pillows.

The only other two comments that the hotel might want to do is:
1. They have great balconies on the units - so they should put furniture on them for guests to sit on.

2. They need to have towels for the gym and the pool.

Room Tip: If you do not want a dark room do not ask for a 04 unit.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear Mindful_Travels,

Thank you for sharing your comment's on your recent visit to our hotel. As always we appreciate the comments and insights of our guests. I do not know which floor you were on but the 04 rooms are typically larger as they are on the corner of the building. Our suites start at close to 700 square feet in size and the amenities in each suite are very similar. We do try to give our repeat and I-Prefer guests rooms on the corners of the building when available as they are larger, but it is possible that due to occupancy we may not have had a room on a higher floor. I am sorry to read that we did not handle your request for pillows in a timely manner-- our guests should only have to ask once for extra pillows.I have shared your comments in regards to housekeeping with our housekeeping manager. He will investigate why this happened and make every effort to ensure that this does not happen again.
Atlantic Station is a great midtown neighborhood with many amenities so I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our neighborhood's location. If I can be of assistance on a future occassion please let me know--My email is listed below.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed here the weekend of March 9-12, 2012. I took the advice of other reviews and requested a 6th floor room and got it. Beautiful view of the downtown area. My room as the others had a full kitchen , computer and 2 flat screen TV's. The front desk staff was helpful in the few questions I had. The bathroom is spacious and the stand up shower - separate from the large tub is a nice touch. The safe is large enough to hold a laptop and the cabinet has plenty of drawers. A separate walk in closet is next to the bathroom and there I found a nice plush robe waiting. Safety wise: The elevator requires your room key to get to your room.
Downstairs:There is a nice bar/sitting area off the lobby and adjoining restaurant.
. Across the private street are many retail shops and at least 5 dining places. Also a full service grocery store and movie theater 2 minute walk away.

Room Tip: Room 619 overlooked the city and large patio to sit on. On one side of this room is a electrical roo...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear renosteve,

Thank you for submitting the great review of your stay at TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. Glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the Atlantic Station neighborhood. Look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

We asked ahead of time for a high floor but they were unable to accommodate us. They were apologetic, and assured us that we would like the room. We received a king suite on a corner, which boasted a very large balcony with a lovely view. The furnishings and fixtures are very modern, and the room was impeccably clean. The bed was comfortable, and the suite very spacious. The televisions are rather small and outdated, but that was our only complaint. We will definitely stay here for our future trips downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on highest floor possible
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear ThereasaR,

Thank you for writing the review on your recent stay at TWELVE. I am always delighted to read that our guests have had an enjoyable stay with us. Our large suites and the Atlantic Station neighborhood offer our guests a great value and a very convenient walk around location. We look forward to welcoming you back and please send me a note ahead of time and we will do our best to get you on the 6th floor.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed here for the Beer and Bourbon festival in March 2012. Probably one of my favorite hotels I've been to. I paid about $140 for a deluxe room. The room was large (800SF maybe) very inviting and has a classy, modern feel to it. The beds were comfortable, but those in the double room were smaller than expected. We were pleasantly surprised by the kitchen in the room and the computer. We got a nice city view balcony. Keep in mind that the building is 26 stories, but the hotel is only 6.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swzi
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear swzi,

I hope that you had a great time at the Beer & Bourbon festival. I beleive that it was a great success. I am delighted to read that you enjouyed your visit to TWELVE. I do hope we get to welcome you back on a future occassion.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

This was my second trip to this hotel so far. Karen at the Front Desk was nice and got me set up with some local restautants where I could take some friends, that wouldn't cost me an arm & a leg. I still prefer the rooms at this hotel because they are really mini apartments and just have a better feel than the standard hotel rooms.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Hcmtiger,

Thank you for submitting a review on your recent stay at TWELVE Atlantic Station.
I will be sure to share your comments with Karen at the front desk. Overall looks like you had a great stay. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

My boyfriend and I recently had our anniversary and decided to have a romantic getaway. We live in Atlanta and chose Twelve Atlantic Station and we both loved it. For a good price, you have a huge balcony, a living room, kitchen, and separate bedroom. I especially loved that the shower was detached from the bathtub. The bathtub was very big. With all these amenities, it's like, why get a small hotel room anywhere else when you can have all this?! The balcony offered a beautiful view of Atlanta. The Atlantic building blocks a bit of the view, but from our perspective it basically just split the view so there was still plenty to see on the right side and the left. I was worried about that building when reading reviews but I thought the view was amazing. We had a corner balcony which seemed much bigger and offered many different views.
Only drawback was the noise. Doors slamming and chairs moving above, but that's typical in hotels I think. The traffic noise was kinda loud since the floors only go up to 6 (because the rest are residence) We were on the 4th floor, and the road outside our bedroom was a main road so there was some traffic noise. Other than that, it was very nice to park the car, walk to dinner and walk right back up to our room. Would definitely stay there again. Beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: I read from a review that corner rooms didn't have a tub, but we had a corner balcony on fourth...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Abby B,

I am delighted that you chose to celebrate your anniversary at the TWELVE Hotel.
Atlantic Station is certainly very unique and a great place to spend some leisure time in a walk around community. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occassion. Do let me know when you next plan to visit.

sincerely.