“Very Nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #107 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
vermont
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

Very comfortable hotel to stay at for wedding downtown. Huge glamorous bathroom. Starbucks off lobby. Large pool, lots of chairs. Walk out the door to stores and restaurants of Atlantic Station.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear vt&nyc,

Thank you for posting a great review about TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and Atlantic Station.

John Reilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here and loved it!!! I called for reservations and asked if they had a florist that they recommended, they pointed me in the right direction and had a beautiful arrangement waiting in the room for her when we walked in. The room was very modern and comfortable. When we make a trip back to ATL this is where we are staying! Thanks again TWELVE!

Room Tip: Stay as long as you can its pretty relaxing and everything is close.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear kevin r,

Belated anniverssary wishes from TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. I am delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your visit to the hotel and Atlantic Station. Having a florist in the building is certainly convenient. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occassion--perhaps next years anniverssary?

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stayed here for one month while working in Atlanta and had a good stay. The room was nice and clean with plenty of space and a full kitchen with fridge and microwave.

There are plenty of restaurants in walking distance and a Publix supermarket less than a block away for food to use in the kitchen. Also good shopping and a theater.

The parking is good and convenient. The elevator is maddening in that it requires the use of a room key to get to your floor. . . and it will only take one key at a time! Really! My colleagues all called it the elevator from hell because it was so hard to get to ones floor. The upside is that security is tight. . . most villains would give up in frustration and go somewhere else.

Friday and Saturday are pretty wild in the lobby bar with a loud, late and exuberant crowd. When the drunks spill out onto the patio late at night it can get annoying.

Overall I liked this hotel and would gladly stay here again. My 1st choice while working in Atlanta.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the more peaceful.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear camop,

Thank you for your review of TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. We are grateful that you let us be your home away from home for an extended period while working here in Atlanta. Atlantic Station is certainly a unique and convenient area and ideal for business and leisure travellers.I am glad to read that overall you really liked our hotel and we are delighted you rate us as your first choice while working in Atlanta.

Northampton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

The room was gargantuan and I had a fabulous view of the city. Having a full kitchen was really something. Though I did not need it, it was great to have a fridge for my breakfast supplies from the ultra-convenient Publix about a half a block away. Starbucks is in the building, also a great advantage. Bed was comfortable.

The reason I am dinging this place is that the room has seen better days. I get the feeling this is a hotel where people come to party and the furniture is starting to look beat up. Carpet squares are stained and the walls and trim could use some paint. Things could also be cleaner....thick coat of dust on the details on the bathroom cabs. Indeed, the housekeeper was so lax, she forgot to pick up the tip I left her. Or maybe she felt guilty leaving my bathroom sink full of dirty water. (??)

So, it is a decent place, with lots of amenities and very convenient. And the general tiredness is not out of the realm of expectation given my very good group rate of $149. Despite these gripes, I'd stay here again if I needed to.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the city.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear AmySRQ,

Thank you for posting the review and great to read that you enjoyed our large suites. We appreciate all of your comments and will follow up with the team on the items that you mentioned. --We certainly do not take them as gripes, just constructive feedback from one of our valued guests. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

I have stayed here twice for business trips and I really enjoy the hotel. The staff is very courteous and the rooms are always clean. The restaurant is also very delicious. It's convenient to get to the highway, and if you need anything, there are restaurants, a super market, shops all in walking distance. Love it!

Room Tip: Any room is fine! It's very quiet!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear LBTurnerMedia,

Glad to read that you love our hotel. I will pass on your comments to our team who will be very appreciative of the recognition. Atlantic Station is certainly one of Atlanta's most convenient areas. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

-Extremely relaxed, non-anticipatory service from the front desk to the housekeeping staff > After a great workout at their decent gym, we wanted to check out the roof top pool but got locked out because our key got demagnetized. We took the long way around back to the front desk who were very unapologetic. At other times the front desk staff would not greet or acknowledge our, or passers-by's presence which was not expected of a hotel of this caliber.

-We stayed for three nights and our room was only cleaned once despite us being gone for most of the day and the 'make up my room' sign being up. On our first night, I noticed a huge stain on the living room carpet and a questionable mark on the couch. Dusty furniture, a blood stain on a pillow, missing fitted sheets on the mattress, missing fixtures on the garbage disposal switch and leakage from the dishwasher. The room also appeared to have been freshly painted given the paint smell when we first walked in.

-The hotel appears to be a popular venue for weddings/parties given the amount of noise and partiers in the hallways. Someone spilled wine on the hallway carpet, which left a red stain and a smell of booze (nice!)

-Hectic and disorganized valet service > we waited a good amount of time before we were approached and by then we were so tired that we decided to park the car ourselves, which was a better alternative given the underground parking facility.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear Chico_malo45,

Thank you for submittingg the review on your experience at TWELVE Atlantic Station. I am sorry to read that your experience was less than it should have been. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel. Please contact me at your convenience to discuss your experience personally.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

It's really a very nice property in a fantastic location. The staff simply did not perform: not rude, just indifferent. No warm and fuzzies. No over and above.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear psbrad,

Thank you for submitting the review. I am happy to read that you liked the property and the location, but dissapointed to read that the service was not warm. We want to give all of our guests a great experience and I am sorry that we missed this opportunity to do this with you.
We will continue to work with the team on delivering great service to our guests. We appreciate your feedback.