“Loved this place!”

Ranked #105 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Los Angeles, California
“Loved this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I loved the condo like feel of this hotel. The staff were spectacular and the food and facilities were above par for the price. The location is great and you have a mall, Target, restaurants and movie theaters right in your "backyard". And there's a Starbucks basically in the hotel!! i'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear starvinptrav33,

Thanks for the review and I am happy to read that you "Loved this place". Your "spectacular" description of our staff will be very well received by the team here at the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope we see you again soon.

John Reilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We chose the Twelve because it was located within Atlantic Station where the outdoor ice skating is set up. We saw the pictures of the big tree in the center and heard about the snow, so we took our daughter down for two nights.

I read the reviews after booking on Expedia and wasn't sure what to expect as they are all over the place. When we arrived, as described in other reviews, because we booked on Expedia, we were set up to be placed on the second floor. Deluxe rooms mean you get a view and standard rooms do not get as good of a view. If you get a deal, you get a standard room. When we arrived, we asked to be moved to a higher floor so we could see the view of the city or Atlantic Station and because the hotel had availability, were granted the move, and we greatly appreciated that!

The view of the city at night was great. Our room had a full kitchen, as shown in the pictures, and we took food and cooked in. There's no need to bring food if you don't want to because there are so many places to eat right in Atlantic Station. You can even go to Publix or Target and grocery shop, both of which are right there. There's no liquor store there, so bring whatever you want to drink. The pool looks great and would be a fun thing to do in the summer.

The ice skating rink was SO overcrowded. There was a line waiting around the block to get in and they let TONS of people on there at once. We went with the option to just watch instead of go on the ice. The key is to go early in the season and right when it opens, if possible, because there are very few people there.

Our room was as described in previous reviews and what we expected. The room was big and overall I would review it as clean. There was a sofa bed in our room and our daughter slept there. We had a king bed and it was comfortable. The room had exposed cement walls, which I liked and found to add to the urban feel of the hotel and the area.

If I had to share why I didn't rate it as excellent, it's because of two things: overall feel of the room + some of the staff.

The furniture in the room was worn and not in perfect condition. The sofa bed was uncomfortable and you could feel the springs coming through the mattress. Our daughter didn't want to sleep on the bed part the second night, so we had her sleep on the couch instead, which was fine. The couch was lightly stained and the kitchen table had stains and nicks. One of the lamps in the bedroom had a broken and cracked lamp shade. These things weren't deal breakers for us, but just know that before booking. Also, the bedroom didn't have a door, it was more open all around. So if you are going as a family hoping you and your spouse will have privacy, this is not set up for that.

The staff was lukewarm. We did meet a woman in the hotel restaurant bar area that was so warm toward us and made us feel welcome and gave us ideas of what to do and where to go. She had keys, so I assume she's a manager, and you could tell she was happy to be there. The others were neutral No eye contact, no warm smiles, just people, doing their job... which was honestly fine with us, but if you are expecting upscale service where building relationships is the top priority, we didn't experience that from everyone.

Overall, the hotel was cool, we had our expectations straight, so we had fun. We saved money by cooking our meals in our room and the view was cool. The location is unbeatable if you want to stay right in the heart of Atlantic Station.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear skourasfam,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit to the hotel and Atlantic Station. I am happy to read that we were able to upgrade you and that the accommodations were convenient and met your families needs. I am sorry to hear that the rink was so busy, but it has proved to be a great attraction for Atlantic Station. Our pool and deck are an excellent amenity in the summer so perhaps you will consider visiting us again and if you do please drop me a note ahead of your trip.

Atlanta, Ga
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I was among a group of friends who reserved a suite at the Twelve hotel this past weekend. We were having an intimate birthday gathering for our family member. Upon checking in, we were told that there was to be no more than 8 persons occupying the suite. This policy is not stated on the Twelve's site, and had we known BEFORE we paid for the room, we would have made accommodations elsewhere. We told the front desk staff that we were expecting a few more than eight, in which they responded "as long as there are no complaints, you all should be ok."

Our guests slowly arrived after the 8 o'clock hour. Guests in our party started making comments about security "watching the elevators," and that there was a security personnel standing in front of the elevator on our floor, watching us. Despite this uneasiness, our guests still enjoyed the gathering in our suite....mind you, we were not noisy, we were respectful of the hotel and it's property at all times.

We received notice that security AND police officers were coming up to our suite. when security did arrive, they did not knock, he used a key to open the door. He (an African-American large male) stated to us that he needed ALL of us to leave, we could not finish our food, we had to IMMEDIATELY leave the PROPERTY. He pulled out his cell phone and started video recording us. We told him that only immediate family would stay (which was only 5 people) and he told us everyone had to evacuate the room, even the persons who paid for the room (which was for the weekend), and that we would NOT receive any refund. His only reason for putting us out was that there were too many people in the suite. Did not mention and complaints, nothing. As our guests left he was still video recording us with a lot of our guests telling him that he has no permission recording them. I left out with family members and friends, and as as we left he followed us with his cell phone, still recording us, as we walked down the hall to the elevator. At this time I used my Nikon video camera to record him. We left the room there was absolutely NO REASON to follow and record us to the elevator. I and another friend missed the elevator, but as we waited, he stood there recording us. Nothing vulgar was said to him. We told him that he does not have our permission to record us, and that we were recording his actions simultaneously. He stated to us "y'all look like some fools" as yes, I have him telling us this on video. He asked us to leave and we told him we're waiting for the elevator. He told us to take the stairs and when we refused, he walked back down the hall to tell the police that we were "refusing to leave the premises." By this time the elevator had came to our floor.

I was born and raised in Atlanta, and I am currently employed as a flight attendant for a major airline here in Atlanta. I watched when they were building this hotel, and when this hotel first opened I remembered the service being excellent. Over the most recent years, I had heard about management at this hotel being "racist," "rude," and "unprofessional." I was not the original person who booked the hotel, but I help coordinate our gathering...despite my concerns the gathering was set for this hotel. By the way, we did make a complaint to the manager (a Caucasian male, with some sort of accent). He refused to give his name, he refused to give the General Manager's name. No apologies came from him, and he smiled and smirked the whole time any guest approached him trying to seek assistance as to how to resolve the matter.

There are other fabulous hotels in Atlanta with great locations...read the reviews, and take your business where they actually put the customer first. I've stayed in plenty of hotels both leisurely and for business purposes and this one was has been the only one I can honestly say that has the worst service I have ever experienced in any of my travels....to have it happen in my home city makes it absolutely the worst! If the hotel has additional policies for their guests make these policies available on your site AND on 3rd party booking sites (Expedia, Boot-it.com, etc.) so that the guest will know what to expect if they choose this hotel for their stay. Don't implement policies once the guest has paid in full for a room, and as always there is a way to go about handling things, and security was highly inappropriate in how he handled myself and our guests.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MizzRhonda
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear MizzRhonda,

Thank you for your comments. Complaints were indeed received and security responded. When a decision is taken by someone to hold a party in one of our rooms it disturbs the guests in the surrounding rooms and this is not fair to those guests. A form and registration card outlining our occupancy limits and no party policy were signed at check in. We have event space available within the hotel to rent that is suitable for party's and similar events.

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

I planned a girls weekend in Atlantic Station. We stayed at the Twelve Atlantic station. I loved loved the location, so much to do... You don't have to leave the area.. Will definitely go again. I was not impressed with the service at Twelve. The problems started with the manager. I can't quite put into words how he made me feel but it was definitely not like a guest, and I had a few encounters with him. I'm not quite sure what kind of people frequent the hotel daily but being in customer service myself.. Managers should never assume Stereotype. We had quite a few employees that were nice helpful and accommodating ,The restaurant manager(don't remember names sorry), but when a staff member from the management team, gives you the impression that he would just much rather you go away, it's really all that you remember. Well the Hotel is nice moderately priced.. I've stayed at the Twelve Centennial park for a few days at a time. When I want the Twelve experience I will go to Centennial park. Atlantic Station ? I will visit another hotel in the area...

• Stayed October 2013
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear MonicaD,

Thank you for your recent review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel, the location and Atlantic Station. I am however dissapointed to read your comments about the overall service that you experienced. I will follow up on this. I do hope that your girls weekend was enjoyable. Please contact me if you would like to share your feedback with me directly so that I may follow up here at the hotel.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

great location but the management is severely lacking in expertise. the hotel rooms are not clean and if you book through Orbitz or another entity you are placed in a room of lesser quality - this is information the management actually shared with me. management is rude, unwilling to assist . BEWARE rooms on the second floor appear unsafe if you want to open a window please realize there is a rooftop where anyone can easily climb into your room. as a female traveling alone on business, this is a concern to me…but apparently not to the management, it is an atmosphere of "don't bother us". i travel weekly and by far, this management is the worst i have experienced- zero skill set for the job. there are much better places to stay- i do not recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear m m,

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay. Our standard rooms are located on the second floor. The rooms do not have balconys but all have locks on the sliding windows that ensure they are secure. We try to be as accommodating as possible and without the date of your stay I cannot check if the hotel was full or not. That may be the reason that we could not offer you an upgrade to another room. I cannot be sure without your date of stay. Would you be kind enough to send me your name and date of stay and I will look into your comments and respond to you directly.

Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great. I have stayed here for the last 5 years on a regular basis. However the infrastructure of the hotel seems neglected and consistently worse with each stay. The wi fi is spotty. You have huge bathtubs which look great but can't be used because the hot water tanks in each room are too small (this was shared with me by a hotel engineer). The handicap showers are barely functional. I am guessing if you book on orbitz or travelocity you get a handicap room because that's what I have gotten two of the last three times I stayed here. For the money there are much better hotels in Atlanta.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jdinark
Dear jdinark,

Thank you for the review and I am sorry to read that your stay was dissapointing. We have been happy to offer the free wi-fi amenity since the hotel opened and have not had any issues that I am aware of. I will certainly have our tech support look at the wifi network. All but one of our rooms have tubs and they are used often by our guests. The water heater is capable of providing hot water for the tub. If you would be kind enough to send me your room number I will have this checked. We receive a great deal of business fron online travel agents such as Orbitz and Travelocity aswell as several others and do not treat these reservations differently. They are as important to us as any of our other booking channels. Room assignment is dependant on when the reservation is made and if the room type requested is available. I would be happy to look into this and respond to you. Please send me the date that you stayed and the room number at your earliest convenience. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations but we will use your comments to work on our service consistency.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Me and my two sisters stayed at the Twelve Hotel for one night and had a ball! We selected this hotel because Atlantic Station's Midtown Atlanta location put us in the middle of everything. We enjoyed shopping at the many retail shops and dining at the restaurants.

Our room had a great view of Atlantic Station. The one bedroom suite is set up like a studio apartment, complete with a fully equipped kitchen and double beds which was perfect for us.

I loved having a computer in the room and complementary WFI. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. I would stay here in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank suggstravelllc
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear suggstravelllc,

Thank you for the excellent tripadvisor review. I am delighted to read that you and your sisters enjoyed the space and amenities provided in the suite and also the friendly service. Happy to read that your suite had a nice view of Atlantic Station. Atlantic Station is ideal for shopping and also has many attractions for guests to choose from. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.