“Recent stay”

Fayetteville
“Recent stay”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Hello,

I stayed at the hotel on Jan 24th 2014. The customer service (front desk) was beyond rude. A lady named Levie was very disrespectful and unprofessional. She treated me and my guest as if we were homeless people! I've wrote to the hotel manager twice on this issue with no response! I even wrote the manager before my stay because I was concerned about the negative reviews. He assured me that everything would be great (lies). Now he's no where to be found! The room was clean and housekeeping was very attentive. Just make sure when your checking in, you ask for someone other than LEVIE!!!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Brittnee S
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Britnee S,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am sorry that we did not give you with a better experience.Your comments are noted and we will share them with the team

John Reilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at TWELVE Atlantic Station this past weekend as a city getaway with my girlfriend.

The rooms are much larger than the typical hotel room or standard suite in my opinion. All of the rooms are suites and come with full kitchens. With the grocery store being right outside the hotel in Atlantic Station, cooking breakfast and storing/reheating restaurant leftovers was a great option.

For what you get compared to the rate, there is nothing in this immediate area that comes close. Atlantic Station is a cool area also with restaurants, a movie theater and several boutique and chain retail stores, you can really stay in this area for a 2 day stay without having to drive or catch a taxi to another attraction.

Here are the only downsides:
- All of the taxi drivers obviously don't know there are 2 twelve hotels in Atlanta so if you do venture out, or catch a cab from the airport, make sure you specify which property you're going to. Otherwise, like us, he'll take you to the wrong one.

-Checkout at noon was a tad busy, valets were in charge of getting luggage and cars so they had their hands full. We gave them 20 minutes and just decided to trek downstairs ourselves. An employee saw my girlfriend struggling out of the door with her bag and didn't wait for her to ask for help. He stepped right in and asked if he could help us carry anything. He actually took EVERYTHING, let us go downstairs and met us in the lobby with our 3 bags!! Great service. His name was Rusten. (Sp?)

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear FastCheckIn,

Thanks for the review and delighted to read that you enjoyed the space and overall value offered. Atlantic Station is a super area with many stores, restaurants and a great movie theater. I am sorry to read that your taxi driver got confused with which hotel to take you to. My apologies that our valet were very busy when you needed assistance but glad to read that Rustin stepped in and took care of your luggage. I will share your appreciative note with him. I hope that we see you on a future occassion.

Warri, Nigeria
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The hotel boasts of a very unique modern theme. The rooms are very spacious and nicely furnished. However the concrete aspect of the design is a bit of a controversy as some us liked the theme and others didn’t.
There is a desk top computer in each room connected directly to the hotels network. This enables you to request for room service, housekeeping and was useful for checking out nearby attraction online from the comfort of your room.
The location was the attraction. It is right by the Atlantic Station, shopping and many other attractions. We gave it a try although we were apprehensive of the high rate of negative reviews of the hotel. We were impressed with every aspect of their services. We found the front desk staff to be very responsive and polite. The house keeping was prompt.
If the hotel keeps this up, we would keep coming back.

Room Tip: Higher floor with City view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Agy_10
Dear Agy_10,

Thanks for the review and delighted to read that overall you loved the hotel. The exposed concrete in the rooms is often a topic of discussion but it is part of the overall design of the building and is appreciated much more often than not. Nice to read that you enjoyed the space of the suites and how they were furnished. Atlantic Station is a great neighborhood that seems to be growing in popularity due to the amenities and attractions it offers. It is also extremely convenient to have everything just a short stroll from the hotel. It is great to read that you will return and we look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel is what you're looking for. Really! The location is absolutely perfect being next to Atlantic Station which is fantastic area, especially since most of Atlanta is just areas of city and lacks any sort of personality. Being within walking distance of all of the many shops, nice areas to walk, Target, even the Ikea is really close.

The hotel room was amazing. We had the perfect room on the 6th floor with a beautiful view and the room was very suite (sweet!) with a full kitchen, full sized fridge, stove, etc. and was large with amazing views. I love how there were windows in the bedroom portion that allowed you to look out while closing the blinds.

We'll be back there, I can nearly guarantee it.

So, why 4 stars? I guess I understand why people say the word "management". Lots of very minor things. Here we go. The automatic door was switched to manual because of the weather even though that was a week ago; there was an area with a TV in the lobby checkin, but no chairs there (weird); checkin took longer than it could've because Expedia had entered the information in incorrectly (the staff was very nice and friendly, though); it took a number of inserts to get the elevators running using the room key (3-4 times every time). The shower was leaking pretty badly - not just a small leak, but a pretty big flow (looked like it might fall off) - I have to wonder how long its been that way: not the way you want to start your day. There was this small porch with amazing views, but no chairs there to enjoy it; the computer system was old and looked dirty or dusty or something, but kept switching to the Windows Server login screen after you'd start typing. Too bad, as it was a neat idea for reporting things like maintenance requests (like this one), checking out, etc. It also showed someone else's name checked in which was weird. Finally, my wife wanted to check out prices for movies, but got errors trying to view the movie info.

I REALLY want to give it 5 stars, but I can't - there are too many of those little things. Its a pretty good value, but at the same time, not super cheap once you include valet parking and such. It drives me nuts, because these are things that could probably addressed by a single qualified maintenance guy doing basic checks on the room. Fix the shower, computer and movies (probably pretty quickly for all 3) and it becomes a 5 star review. Add some chairs to the patio and around the lobby and its well beyond 5 stars.

In summary, stay here! Really! Just plan on potentially needing to make a few maintenance calls to get everything perfect.

Room Tip: Deluxe Room - don't get the 2nd floor standard room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kirk H,

Thanks for the "Awesome Hotel" review. It is great to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and found the accommodations to be amazing. Atlantic Station is a great neighborhood with many amenities just a few minutes stroll from the hotel front door. Your comments on some minor but annoying items are noted and I will ensure that the hotel engineers focus more in elimenating these issues. Let me know when you are returning and thanks for the feedback.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I loved the condo like feel of this hotel. The staff were spectacular and the food and facilities were above par for the price. The location is great and you have a mall, Target, restaurants and movie theaters right in your "backyard". And there's a Starbucks basically in the hotel!! i'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear starvinptrav33,

Thanks for the review and I am happy to read that you "Loved this place". Your "spectacular" description of our staff will be very well received by the team here at the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope we see you again soon.

Georgia
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We chose the Twelve because it was located within Atlantic Station where the outdoor ice skating is set up. We saw the pictures of the big tree in the center and heard about the snow, so we took our daughter down for two nights.

I read the reviews after booking on Expedia and wasn't sure what to expect as they are all over the place. When we arrived, as described in other reviews, because we booked on Expedia, we were set up to be placed on the second floor. Deluxe rooms mean you get a view and standard rooms do not get as good of a view. If you get a deal, you get a standard room. When we arrived, we asked to be moved to a higher floor so we could see the view of the city or Atlantic Station and because the hotel had availability, were granted the move, and we greatly appreciated that!

The view of the city at night was great. Our room had a full kitchen, as shown in the pictures, and we took food and cooked in. There's no need to bring food if you don't want to because there are so many places to eat right in Atlantic Station. You can even go to Publix or Target and grocery shop, both of which are right there. There's no liquor store there, so bring whatever you want to drink. The pool looks great and would be a fun thing to do in the summer.

The ice skating rink was SO overcrowded. There was a line waiting around the block to get in and they let TONS of people on there at once. We went with the option to just watch instead of go on the ice. The key is to go early in the season and right when it opens, if possible, because there are very few people there.

Our room was as described in previous reviews and what we expected. The room was big and overall I would review it as clean. There was a sofa bed in our room and our daughter slept there. We had a king bed and it was comfortable. The room had exposed cement walls, which I liked and found to add to the urban feel of the hotel and the area.

If I had to share why I didn't rate it as excellent, it's because of two things: overall feel of the room + some of the staff.

The furniture in the room was worn and not in perfect condition. The sofa bed was uncomfortable and you could feel the springs coming through the mattress. Our daughter didn't want to sleep on the bed part the second night, so we had her sleep on the couch instead, which was fine. The couch was lightly stained and the kitchen table had stains and nicks. One of the lamps in the bedroom had a broken and cracked lamp shade. These things weren't deal breakers for us, but just know that before booking. Also, the bedroom didn't have a door, it was more open all around. So if you are going as a family hoping you and your spouse will have privacy, this is not set up for that.

The staff was lukewarm. We did meet a woman in the hotel restaurant bar area that was so warm toward us and made us feel welcome and gave us ideas of what to do and where to go. She had keys, so I assume she's a manager, and you could tell she was happy to be there. The others were neutral No eye contact, no warm smiles, just people, doing their job... which was honestly fine with us, but if you are expecting upscale service where building relationships is the top priority, we didn't experience that from everyone.

Overall, the hotel was cool, we had our expectations straight, so we had fun. We saved money by cooking our meals in our room and the view was cool. The location is unbeatable if you want to stay right in the heart of Atlantic Station.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear skourasfam,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit to the hotel and Atlantic Station. I am happy to read that we were able to upgrade you and that the accommodations were convenient and met your families needs. I am sorry to hear that the rink was so busy, but it has proved to be a great attraction for Atlantic Station. Our pool and deck are an excellent amenity in the summer so perhaps you will consider visiting us again and if you do please drop me a note ahead of your trip.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I was among a group of friends who reserved a suite at the Twelve hotel this past weekend. We were having an intimate birthday gathering for our family member. Upon checking in, we were told that there was to be no more than 8 persons occupying the suite. This policy is not stated on the Twelve's site, and had we known BEFORE we paid for the room, we would have made accommodations elsewhere. We told the front desk staff that we were expecting a few more than eight, in which they responded "as long as there are no complaints, you all should be ok."

Our guests slowly arrived after the 8 o'clock hour. Guests in our party started making comments about security "watching the elevators," and that there was a security personnel standing in front of the elevator on our floor, watching us. Despite this uneasiness, our guests still enjoyed the gathering in our suite....mind you, we were not noisy, we were respectful of the hotel and it's property at all times.

We received notice that security AND police officers were coming up to our suite. when security did arrive, they did not knock, he used a key to open the door. He (an African-American large male) stated to us that he needed ALL of us to leave, we could not finish our food, we had to IMMEDIATELY leave the PROPERTY. He pulled out his cell phone and started video recording us. We told him that only immediate family would stay (which was only 5 people) and he told us everyone had to evacuate the room, even the persons who paid for the room (which was for the weekend), and that we would NOT receive any refund. His only reason for putting us out was that there were too many people in the suite. Did not mention and complaints, nothing. As our guests left he was still video recording us with a lot of our guests telling him that he has no permission recording them. I left out with family members and friends, and as as we left he followed us with his cell phone, still recording us, as we walked down the hall to the elevator. At this time I used my Nikon video camera to record him. We left the room there was absolutely NO REASON to follow and record us to the elevator. I and another friend missed the elevator, but as we waited, he stood there recording us. Nothing vulgar was said to him. We told him that he does not have our permission to record us, and that we were recording his actions simultaneously. He stated to us "y'all look like some fools" as yes, I have him telling us this on video. He asked us to leave and we told him we're waiting for the elevator. He told us to take the stairs and when we refused, he walked back down the hall to tell the police that we were "refusing to leave the premises." By this time the elevator had came to our floor.

I was born and raised in Atlanta, and I am currently employed as a flight attendant for a major airline here in Atlanta. I watched when they were building this hotel, and when this hotel first opened I remembered the service being excellent. Over the most recent years, I had heard about management at this hotel being "racist," "rude," and "unprofessional." I was not the original person who booked the hotel, but I help coordinate our gathering...despite my concerns the gathering was set for this hotel. By the way, we did make a complaint to the manager (a Caucasian male, with some sort of accent). He refused to give his name, he refused to give the General Manager's name. No apologies came from him, and he smiled and smirked the whole time any guest approached him trying to seek assistance as to how to resolve the matter.

There are other fabulous hotels in Atlanta with great locations...read the reviews, and take your business where they actually put the customer first. I've stayed in plenty of hotels both leisurely and for business purposes and this one was has been the only one I can honestly say that has the worst service I have ever experienced in any of my travels....to have it happen in my home city makes it absolutely the worst! If the hotel has additional policies for their guests make these policies available on your site AND on 3rd party booking sites (Expedia, Boot-it.com, etc.) so that the guest will know what to expect if they choose this hotel for their stay. Don't implement policies once the guest has paid in full for a room, and as always there is a way to go about handling things, and security was highly inappropriate in how he handled myself and our guests.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MizzRhonda
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear MizzRhonda,

Thank you for your comments. Complaints were indeed received and security responded. When a decision is taken by someone to hold a party in one of our rooms it disturbs the guests in the surrounding rooms and this is not fair to those guests. A form and registration card outlining our occupancy limits and no party policy were signed at check in. We have event space available within the hotel to rent that is suitable for party's and similar events.