“Like a construction zone at 1AM-5AM”

Twelve Atlantic Station
Ranked #105 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Houston, Texas
“Like a construction zone at 1AM-5AM”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

This place has to be kidding. For two nights straight, I can't get ANY sleep. Right now it's 1:30AM and there's a van downstairs with a hose into the building (for cleaning I guess) that is making a crazy loud sound. I called the front desk to address it and nothing has happened. Why do this when 90% of the building is probably trying to sleep?

The night before, there was a water street washing thing going on that woke me up in the middle of the night. Don't stay there if you actually want sleep.

I'm tired of establishments thinking they are untouchable to complaints. It doesn't matter how comfy your bed is if you're sleeping in what sounds like the middle of a construction zone in the middle of the day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Chip S,

My sincere apologies for the disruption to your sleep during your stay. A number of projects are carried out over night not just in the hotel but also in the building in general. This is done because there are no people in the main lobby areas. I cannot recall receiving any comments from guests about this in the past but that certainly does not excuse the impact that it had on your sleep. Clearly we need to look at this more carefully when planning work to be carried out overnight. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the issue with you personally. Please send me a note at your convenience with a contact number and I will get in touch.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed at the Twelve Atlantic Station last week when in town for business. The hotel was chosen by a group leader but we could not have been happier. I was surprised to find a full kitchen with full-size fridge/freezer in room plus dishwasher and washer/dryer. Oh--and a fully-wired computer. I almost thought I was upgraded to a suite but found out that every room is like this. I was only in town for one night so did not use nearly 1/2 of the amenities, but would have come in handy had I stayed longer!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing mid-town Atlanta. I faced a Target/Publix which also had a loud train roll thr...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear adlaver,

Thank you for posting a great review about your recent experience at TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the space, in suite amenities and were pleasantly surprised by your accommodations. I do hope that we see again on a future trip to Atlanta, where you can add an extra day to explore midtown and its great attractions.

Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My Wife and I and two Kids and Grand Ma stayed here in January and we stayed at the other Twelve Hotel in Atlanta two weeks before and when John Reilly told us that Centennial Park was full we were beyond disappointed. I was so pleased that we took agreed to stay at Twelve Atlantic Station and finished our trip in the US on this way. This is really a superb area and Hotel. From the Valet to the Front desk to the cleaning staff were all professional and helpful.
The area is close to a Target and other stores but the thing that was great was that it was so safe in the evenings to walk around with my family and the atmosphere was great with the music in the streets being all around you and just right.
The restaurant made the best Pizza I ever tasted I still have to contact them and ask them how that made that Pizza Base the server told me to ask for the Margarita and add extra Pepperoni and it was amazing. The staff was so friendly to my Kids and believe me a 14 month old and a girl of 6 can be a handful and they were great with them.
Overall I will unquestionably stay here again and if you are looking for a special hotel in Atlanta with great atmosphere then, this is the place to be. Look this is not a hotel with Trees and things around but if you would like to be in walking distance from restaurants and want to spend a great weekend then this is the Hotel.
Thank you John and the team!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the pool. In colder months ask for the rooms AC to be turned on before yo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear JacoRSA,

Thank you for the excellent review. I hope that you and your family had an excellent trip to RSA. Atlantic Station is a great neighborhood and as you point out is extremely convenient. The pizza is very good and a firm favorite at the bar and restaurant. I will share your comments with the chef. It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our guests and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Fayetteville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Hello,

I stayed at the hotel on Jan 24th 2014. The customer service (front desk) was beyond rude. A lady named Levie was very disrespectful and unprofessional. She treated me and my guest as if we were homeless people! I've wrote to the hotel manager twice on this issue with no response! I even wrote the manager before my stay because I was concerned about the negative reviews. He assured me that everything would be great (lies). Now he's no where to be found! The room was clean and housekeeping was very attentive. Just make sure when your checking in, you ask for someone other than LEVIE!!!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Brittnee S
Dear Britnee S,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am sorry that we did not give you with a better experience.Your comments are noted and we will share them with the team

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at TWELVE Atlantic Station this past weekend as a city getaway with my girlfriend.

The rooms are much larger than the typical hotel room or standard suite in my opinion. All of the rooms are suites and come with full kitchens. With the grocery store being right outside the hotel in Atlantic Station, cooking breakfast and storing/reheating restaurant leftovers was a great option.

For what you get compared to the rate, there is nothing in this immediate area that comes close. Atlantic Station is a cool area also with restaurants, a movie theater and several boutique and chain retail stores, you can really stay in this area for a 2 day stay without having to drive or catch a taxi to another attraction.

Here are the only downsides:
- All of the taxi drivers obviously don't know there are 2 twelve hotels in Atlanta so if you do venture out, or catch a cab from the airport, make sure you specify which property you're going to. Otherwise, like us, he'll take you to the wrong one.

-Checkout at noon was a tad busy, valets were in charge of getting luggage and cars so they had their hands full. We gave them 20 minutes and just decided to trek downstairs ourselves. An employee saw my girlfriend struggling out of the door with her bag and didn't wait for her to ask for help. He stepped right in and asked if he could help us carry anything. He actually took EVERYTHING, let us go downstairs and met us in the lobby with our 3 bags!! Great service. His name was Rusten. (Sp?)

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear FastCheckIn,

Thanks for the review and delighted to read that you enjoyed the space and overall value offered. Atlantic Station is a super area with many stores, restaurants and a great movie theater. I am sorry to read that your taxi driver got confused with which hotel to take you to. My apologies that our valet were very busy when you needed assistance but glad to read that Rustin stepped in and took care of your luggage. I will share your appreciative note with him. I hope that we see you on a future occassion.

Warri, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

The hotel boasts of a very unique modern theme. The rooms are very spacious and nicely furnished. However the concrete aspect of the design is a bit of a controversy as some us liked the theme and others didn’t.
There is a desk top computer in each room connected directly to the hotels network. This enables you to request for room service, housekeeping and was useful for checking out nearby attraction online from the comfort of your room.
The location was the attraction. It is right by the Atlantic Station, shopping and many other attractions. We gave it a try although we were apprehensive of the high rate of negative reviews of the hotel. We were impressed with every aspect of their services. We found the front desk staff to be very responsive and polite. The house keeping was prompt.
If the hotel keeps this up, we would keep coming back.

Room Tip: Higher floor with City view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Agy_10
Dear Agy_10,

Thanks for the review and delighted to read that overall you loved the hotel. The exposed concrete in the rooms is often a topic of discussion but it is part of the overall design of the building and is appreciated much more often than not. Nice to read that you enjoyed the space of the suites and how they were furnished. Atlantic Station is a great neighborhood that seems to be growing in popularity due to the amenities and attractions it offers. It is also extremely convenient to have everything just a short stroll from the hotel. It is great to read that you will return and we look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel is what you're looking for. Really! The location is absolutely perfect being next to Atlantic Station which is fantastic area, especially since most of Atlanta is just areas of city and lacks any sort of personality. Being within walking distance of all of the many shops, nice areas to walk, Target, even the Ikea is really close.

The hotel room was amazing. We had the perfect room on the 6th floor with a beautiful view and the room was very suite (sweet!) with a full kitchen, full sized fridge, stove, etc. and was large with amazing views. I love how there were windows in the bedroom portion that allowed you to look out while closing the blinds.

We'll be back there, I can nearly guarantee it.

So, why 4 stars? I guess I understand why people say the word "management". Lots of very minor things. Here we go. The automatic door was switched to manual because of the weather even though that was a week ago; there was an area with a TV in the lobby checkin, but no chairs there (weird); checkin took longer than it could've because Expedia had entered the information in incorrectly (the staff was very nice and friendly, though); it took a number of inserts to get the elevators running using the room key (3-4 times every time). The shower was leaking pretty badly - not just a small leak, but a pretty big flow (looked like it might fall off) - I have to wonder how long its been that way: not the way you want to start your day. There was this small porch with amazing views, but no chairs there to enjoy it; the computer system was old and looked dirty or dusty or something, but kept switching to the Windows Server login screen after you'd start typing. Too bad, as it was a neat idea for reporting things like maintenance requests (like this one), checking out, etc. It also showed someone else's name checked in which was weird. Finally, my wife wanted to check out prices for movies, but got errors trying to view the movie info.

I REALLY want to give it 5 stars, but I can't - there are too many of those little things. Its a pretty good value, but at the same time, not super cheap once you include valet parking and such. It drives me nuts, because these are things that could probably addressed by a single qualified maintenance guy doing basic checks on the room. Fix the shower, computer and movies (probably pretty quickly for all 3) and it becomes a 5 star review. Add some chairs to the patio and around the lobby and its well beyond 5 stars.

In summary, stay here! Really! Just plan on potentially needing to make a few maintenance calls to get everything perfect.

Room Tip: Deluxe Room - don't get the 2nd floor standard room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kirk H,

Thanks for the "Awesome Hotel" review. It is great to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and found the accommodations to be amazing. Atlantic Station is a great neighborhood with many amenities just a few minutes stroll from the hotel front door. Your comments on some minor but annoying items are noted and I will ensure that the hotel engineers focus more in elimenating these issues. Let me know when you are returning and thanks for the feedback.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com