“I have mixed feelings” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #107 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Orlando, Florida
“I have mixed feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

The hotel itself was beautiful and the staff were very helpful but after we checked out we were torn as to whether we would stay here again. The hot water in the shower went out after being in there for about five minutes so I was forced to finish my shower in freezing cold water. Also, the bed wasn't that comfortable and the hallway had a very foul smell that made me want to gag. But the room was lovely and the view was very nice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Rachel W,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent visit to the hotel. I am delighted to read that you found the room to be lovely and enjoyed the view. I also appreciate the great comments about our staff. I am sorry that you experienced an issue with the hot water runnig out. If you would be kind enough to send me your room number I will have the unit checked. I apologize about the smell and I am not sure what may have caused this. I have walked the floors and there was no smell apparent so it may have been a short term event that caused this. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. If you would consider staying with us on a future trip please send me a note.

regards,

jreilly@twelvehotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Richmond VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were here for a family wedding with a large group. While initially impressed by the spacious room with the great view, lots of little things added up to make our stay less than stellar. First of all, there is a unpleasant odor which permeates the lobby and sometimes is also present near the elevators--smells like sewage with floral spray over it. The highly touted Ghost computer system in our room for accessing room service etc, never worked and the room service order we placed with the in-room card was late and incomplete. The room service waitress was friendly and apologetic and the food which was delivered was hot. We called about the computer and some lights which were burned out; the lights were replaced and the computer turned off. The room was quite dark despite the large window and the furniture was chipped, stained, and in disrepair. There were holes in the curtains. Although very helpful at check in, the front desk staff was very rude and unhelpful to my elderly mother-in-law when she had trouble with her key card and operating the elevator. As previous reviewers have mentioned, there is a lot of noise at night from vehicles and machinery. The Lobby restaurant had very slow service and the waitress was extremely uninformed about the menu. The food was also not very good when it finally arrived. The two bright spots were the front desk staff person who checked us in and the housekeeping staff--who were very friendly and efficient. The location was very convenient.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Planet9,

Thank you for the review. I am dissapointed to read that we missed the opportunity to give you a better overall experience. I will discuss your comments about GHOST with our IT technician.I realize that it can be frustrating when things do not work as they should and for that please accept my apologies. I will also share your comments about in room dining and the restaurant with our food and beverage manager. Our room product is a few years old now, but I beleive still offers comfort and a modern contemporary look. We hope to begin upgrading our rooms towards the end of this year. I will share your comments about the friendly service with the front desk and housekeeping staff.

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

My daughter and I found Twelve Atlantic Station to be fabulous. Despite that the room service was a "no show", and we awoke to some banging noises in an adjoining room, the room was lovely and had extras which were superior to other hotels in this price range. From free wi-fi and in-room computers, to a gorgeous full kitchen with stainless steel appliances, the room offered large double beds, fluffy pillows and bedding, amazing views and even tiny luxurious details such as a professional style hair dryer, extendible makeup mirror and keenly placed electrical outlets throughout. The hallways are kept very cold, but the rooms themselves have their own thermostat and are very cozy and warm. The elevator is a bit frustrating as you need your key to access its use. (Because of daylight savings time, our room key didn't always work, but the desk clerk was eager to provide assistance) The morning service and the food in the first floor restaurant was wonderful. Half of the restaurant is in front of big sunny floor to ceiling windows giving an open feel, while the other half is more private with large booths. All of the servers were kind and engaging, and the food was delicious and impeccably served. Parking in the ramp was a bit tricky, (It costs extra to park in downtown Atlanta ($14 per night)) but we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We asked for a room with a view. The highest floor was the 6th floor. (Rooms above are actually apar...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mary B,

Thank you posting a review about your recent visit to the hotel and I am delighted to read that you found the hotel to be fabulous. I am glad that you appreciated the suite and the extra little touches as you put it. I will share your excellent comments with the restaurant team and let them know how you enjoyed the food and service. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to Atlanta.

Macon, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Where do I start? I had a bad experience there this same weekend last year and come to the ATL once a quarter and have stayed somewhere else each quarter since then and decided to give them another try. Let's see - someone else's dirty clothes left in the room and housekeeping didn't manage to se them on the floor, twice no change for a $5 at the front desk to tip their valets, then sent to an ATM the third time I needed tip monies as they are the only hotel on earth without an ATM, when I get back from the ATM the clerk sent me to they didn't have change again (how do you always only have four $1 bills???), testing fire alarms at 9:00 in the morning with no real notice (they slide something under door at some point but it was after 1:26 in the am when I went to bed) - nothing like a morning jolt in a strange place, go to check out and they can't print a receipt, after calling back I finally get the email receipt I promised 6-7 hours later and was charged for 4 nights parking for a 3 night stay, called back and was told I would get a credit and had to call back again the following day as I didn't receive that receipt. When I called back about the credit receipt, I was ask about a brief hold and hung up the first time after 4 minutes and 58 seconds, called a second time and got the same greeting asking me to hold and hung up after 5 minutes, but got someone after the third hold call and being transferred. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!!! I should have never given them the second chance and just stay at the Hyatt Midtown or Lowes again. After the first disaster stay, I got a call about my review similar to this and they lady (whose name and number I still have) said she would make it right so when I called to book through her she was evenexpensive than Expedia. POOR, POOR, POOR customer service. I even said to Jeff Carmack one of their supervisors I was suprised he didn't ask about my stay when I checked out and he said he "hoped it was good" - that was a statement showing that management at property doesn't care. If he/they cared, he would have said something along the lines of so how as my stay and I could have told him but he didn't so I'm telling the whole here on TripAdvisor.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GlynnCountian
Dear GlynCountian,

I am sorry to read that you did not have a good stay with us. Please accept my apologies. You certainly mention a number of things that were issues and were no doubt annoying and should not have occurred. I will be sharing your review and feedback with the front desk and housekeeping teams. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay with you. Please send me a contact number and a convenient time to call.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

This place has to be kidding. For two nights straight, I can't get ANY sleep. Right now it's 1:30AM and there's a van downstairs with a hose into the building (for cleaning I guess) that is making a crazy loud sound. I called the front desk to address it and nothing has happened. Why do this when 90% of the building is probably trying to sleep?

The night before, there was a water street washing thing going on that woke me up in the middle of the night. Don't stay there if you actually want sleep.

I'm tired of establishments thinking they are untouchable to complaints. It doesn't matter how comfy your bed is if you're sleeping in what sounds like the middle of a construction zone in the middle of the day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Chip S,

My sincere apologies for the disruption to your sleep during your stay. A number of projects are carried out over night not just in the hotel but also in the building in general. This is done because there are no people in the main lobby areas. I cannot recall receiving any comments from guests about this in the past but that certainly does not excuse the impact that it had on your sleep. Clearly we need to look at this more carefully when planning work to be carried out overnight. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the issue with you personally. Please send me a note at your convenience with a contact number and I will get in touch.

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed at the Twelve Atlantic Station last week when in town for business. The hotel was chosen by a group leader but we could not have been happier. I was surprised to find a full kitchen with full-size fridge/freezer in room plus dishwasher and washer/dryer. Oh--and a fully-wired computer. I almost thought I was upgraded to a suite but found out that every room is like this. I was only in town for one night so did not use nearly 1/2 of the amenities, but would have come in handy had I stayed longer!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing mid-town Atlanta. I faced a Target/Publix which also had a loud train roll thr...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear adlaver,

Thank you for posting a great review about your recent experience at TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the space, in suite amenities and were pleasantly surprised by your accommodations. I do hope that we see again on a future trip to Atlanta, where you can add an extra day to explore midtown and its great attractions.

Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My Wife and I and two Kids and Grand Ma stayed here in January and we stayed at the other Twelve Hotel in Atlanta two weeks before and when John Reilly told us that Centennial Park was full we were beyond disappointed. I was so pleased that we took agreed to stay at Twelve Atlantic Station and finished our trip in the US on this way. This is really a superb area and Hotel. From the Valet to the Front desk to the cleaning staff were all professional and helpful.
The area is close to a Target and other stores but the thing that was great was that it was so safe in the evenings to walk around with my family and the atmosphere was great with the music in the streets being all around you and just right.
The restaurant made the best Pizza I ever tasted I still have to contact them and ask them how that made that Pizza Base the server told me to ask for the Margarita and add extra Pepperoni and it was amazing. The staff was so friendly to my Kids and believe me a 14 month old and a girl of 6 can be a handful and they were great with them.
Overall I will unquestionably stay here again and if you are looking for a special hotel in Atlanta with great atmosphere then, this is the place to be. Look this is not a hotel with Trees and things around but if you would like to be in walking distance from restaurants and want to spend a great weekend then this is the Hotel.
Thank you John and the team!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the pool. In colder months ask for the rooms AC to be turned on before yo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear JacoRSA,

Thank you for the excellent review. I hope that you and your family had an excellent trip to RSA. Atlantic Station is a great neighborhood and as you point out is extremely convenient. The pizza is very good and a firm favorite at the bar and restaurant. I will share your comments with the chef. It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our guests and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.