“Best hotel value in Atlanta”

Twelve Atlantic Station
Ranked #112 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Twelve is a local boutique hotel operator with two properties. I stayed in both and had wonderful experiences, but the Atlantic Station one is click better due to its walkable location with retail (Dillards and numerous stores), restaurants and movie theaters a few steps away. Rooms are all suites with full kitchens (a grocery store with extensive prepared selections is next door), luxurious bathrooms, and huge spaces. Rooms are very quiet, free wireless is strong. Restaurant (Lobby) is excellent, service is superb. A friend staying at Marriott Marquis visited my room: "Wow! we're paying what you are for a room 1/4 this size and they're charging us $14 day for really poor internet access." my new fave hotel in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Rooms on the southeast end have spectacular skyline views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Mary M,

Thank you for the super review and thanks for being a patron of both TWELVE Hotels in Atlanta. The amenities and convenience of Atlantic Station make it a very popular destination and having a Publix grocery store just a shrt stroll from the hotel is a great convenience. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the hotels service and amenities and we are extremely happy to be your new "fave hotel" in Atlanta.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was at this location April 26 and found nothing impressive about the hotel. It's an average place with nice amenities. The room did have a full kitchen, for convenience, which is good for those travelers that will be there for many nights. There are shopping centers withing walking distance, so a person can have what they need.

The areas that need improvement to me where, and maybe I was there on the wrong weekend, however; if the hotel offers free WiFi at least let me get full bars when inside the room. The computer offered in each room was not user friendly. Watching TV while there was a hassle, I needed an instruction guide on how to operate the unit to watch local channels.

I was impressed with the elevator system, because your room key helps you get to your floor. What I hated was, if you have others in your party on another floor; they needed to be present. Your room key operates the elevator, however; if your room is on 6 and you need to visit on 3, that will not happen. Somebody needs to inform you at check-in.

At least my wife liked the location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Willis M,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that we missed the opportunity to impress you. I am glad that your wife enjoyed Atlantic Station. It is a great development and very convenient to stroll to from the hotel. I do appreciate your comments and will share your feedback with the team.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Twelve Atlantic is an excellent hotel. All people who work on it showed themselves very kind and very available for me. I recommend this hotel and I shall return with pleasure. I arrived alone from France to visit Atlanta and my stay it is unwound well. Taxis in the front of the hotel 24H / 24, the excellent and little expensive room service. Quality services and magnificent district

Room Tip: Deluxe room is better
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Cynthia971,

Thank you for posting a great review about your recent stay at the hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the convenience of the Atlantic Station district with its many shops, restaurants and attractions. I will share your comments with our team and they will appreciate your recognizing their kind and helpful service. I am glad that you enjoyed our excellent rooms and I hope that we see you again on a future trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Twelve Atlantic Station was great from the moment of arrival. Hotel was exceptional and very nice. The room was nice and clean. By the time of checkout, it was a little dusty - only a night stay - think maybe this came from AC. Bed could have been a little more comfortable, but everything else was perfect. Easy checkout and staff still super nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear sammy865,

Thanks for the "Excellent" review of the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and I shall be sharing your great comments with the team. I will also pass on your comments to the housekeeping manager about the dust appearing during your stay. I hope we see you on a future visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

My preschool daughter and I, traveling alone, were turned away by the manager of the hotel because he would not accept our family credit card with my husband's name on it. The only bit of hospitality at this hotel was from the nice guy who helped with our luggage. There are many other better, safer options for women traveling to Atlanta with their children. I would have expected more from a hotel centrally located within a shopping district whose target customer must be female.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear Chthu,

I am glad that we had the opportunity to speak about the issue you experienced while trying to check in. I certainly wish that we had explored some extra options in an effort to try to accommodate you and your daughter. Please accept my apologies that we did not do more to find a solution. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future and please send me a note via email as I would like to introduce myself if I am on property.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

The hotel itself was beautiful and the staff were very helpful but after we checked out we were torn as to whether we would stay here again. The hot water in the shower went out after being in there for about five minutes so I was forced to finish my shower in freezing cold water. Also, the bed wasn't that comfortable and the hallway had a very foul smell that made me want to gag. But the room was lovely and the view was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Rachel W,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent visit to the hotel. I am delighted to read that you found the room to be lovely and enjoyed the view. I also appreciate the great comments about our staff. I am sorry that you experienced an issue with the hot water runnig out. If you would be kind enough to send me your room number I will have the unit checked. I apologize about the smell and I am not sure what may have caused this. I have walked the floors and there was no smell apparent so it may have been a short term event that caused this. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. If you would consider staying with us on a future trip please send me a note.

regards,

jreilly@twelvehotels.com

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were here for a family wedding with a large group. While initially impressed by the spacious room with the great view, lots of little things added up to make our stay less than stellar. First of all, there is a unpleasant odor which permeates the lobby and sometimes is also present near the elevators--smells like sewage with floral spray over it. The highly touted Ghost computer system in our room for accessing room service etc, never worked and the room service order we placed with the in-room card was late and incomplete. The room service waitress was friendly and apologetic and the food which was delivered was hot. We called about the computer and some lights which were burned out; the lights were replaced and the computer turned off. The room was quite dark despite the large window and the furniture was chipped, stained, and in disrepair. There were holes in the curtains. Although very helpful at check in, the front desk staff was very rude and unhelpful to my elderly mother-in-law when she had trouble with her key card and operating the elevator. As previous reviewers have mentioned, there is a lot of noise at night from vehicles and machinery. The Lobby restaurant had very slow service and the waitress was extremely uninformed about the menu. The food was also not very good when it finally arrived. The two bright spots were the front desk staff person who checked us in and the housekeeping staff--who were very friendly and efficient. The location was very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Planet9,

Thank you for the review. I am dissapointed to read that we missed the opportunity to give you a better overall experience. I will discuss your comments about GHOST with our IT technician.I realize that it can be frustrating when things do not work as they should and for that please accept my apologies. I will also share your comments about in room dining and the restaurant with our food and beverage manager. Our room product is a few years old now, but I beleive still offers comfort and a modern contemporary look. We hope to begin upgrading our rooms towards the end of this year. I will share your comments about the friendly service with the front desk and housekeeping staff.