“TWELVE is awesome!!”

Ranked #107 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
New Yorlk City, NY
“TWELVE is awesome!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2007

I have to say that this was one of the best hotel stays I have ever had! The staff was friendly and the place is spectacular! It feels like you are in Miami especially when you are up on their amazing pool deck. The hotel has great service, wonderful food and the GHOST computer system was the coolest! We ordered room service, asked for extra towels and shopped online in their virtual giftshop- everything arrived within 15 minutes and the person who brought it up appeared with a smile. TWELVE even has Aveda bath amenities! This is a place that I would recommend to everyone.

• Liked — Great service, comp Wi-fi , DVD player!
  • Disliked — that I had to go home!
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank travelgirlcirca74

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Castelnau-le-Lez, France
Reviewed 21 May 2007

Had I read some of the reviews before booking, I probably would have made reservations elsewhere. However, our friends (ex-Atlanta residents) suggested that we try "Twelve" for an overnight stop on our way to visit them in Charleston.

We arrived early evening (having run the gauntlet of the Atlanta traffic) and were greeted by helpful parking attendants, who assisted with our bags and showed us the way to reception. Check in was efficient and swift, aided by the duty manager who also took the time to show us to our suite and point out the many and varied features therein; particularly necessary in the case of the bizarre "ghost" system; the means by which you order room service, housekeeping, etc. We never did figure out how to make it work!

The suite has everything you need for your stay; a small sitting room with plasma screen tv (though I have to agree with one of the previous reviews; that is one uncomfortable sofa!) The kitchen leads off the sitting room and is kitted out with plates, glasses and cutlery for two (HUGE fridge) and a very welcome coffee maker with a supply of coffee from Starbucks (nice touch).
The bedroom is small (but the bed isn't) with beautiful linens and another plasma TV.
The bathroom has a great walk-in shower, big tub and twin basins - not particularly luxurious, but clean and modern, and after all, you're not paying Four Seasons money.

My overall impression of the room was that it was clean, had everything that you need to wind-down after a transatlantic flight; but was slightly TOO trendy to be really comfortable. Concrete walls may be avant-garde design, but they made me feel like picking up a paint brush.

The hotel is located in an interesting part of town; it was previously the old rail yards, but has undergone radical gentrification, and now the neighbourhood boasts great shopping, good restaurants and, of course, Twelve. The hotel occupies several of the lower floors of the building; the rest is given over to apartments. This could be the reason for the "interesting" occupants of the lobby/bar area in the evening. Some of them looked as though they may have been left over from the rail-yard days.

We decided to eat at Rosa Mexicana (again on the recommendation of our friends). If you love mexican food, you'll adore this restaurant. Great food (particularly the guacamole which is made to order at your table), wonderful atmosphere and fantastic art. Best of all, it's not expensive and only a five minute stroll from the hotel.

We wandered back to the hotel at about 10.30 (after a quick pit-stop at the local supermarket) and were surprised to see some fairly intimidating people hanging around outside the hotel; we didn't have any trouble, but I think if the management of Twelve don't address this issue swiftly, then they are in danger of alienating their target market.

Check out the following morning was very quick and easy (none of the problems flagged up by other people).

In short, I would recommend Twelve for a good-value stay in a convenient part of town - but they need to do something about the "night life". However, don't let this put you off staying here; it's a good hotel, and we enjoyed our time here.

• Liked — Good facilities
  • Disliked — Strange people hanging around outside
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank suzylovett
Reviewed 24 April 2007

The location is perfect to go around without a need to be inside the traffics.. That's it, but don't expect other 4 or 5 stars service from the hotel. This hotel is pretty young, on friday and Saturday night, the lobby turns as a hang out place for "the young" and people with young spirit, so if the guests are someone with adventure character, care less with the service, attention of whatever service asked, then this is perfect place. Otherwise just enjoy the location, and don't bother with ordering room service or a smooth check out. If you complain, they'd say it's just a hotel with 180 rooms, which literally means no comparison with the rest of typical business hotels in atlanta. Go to Omni, Westin Peachtree or Fourseasons for more professional and real services of the hotel.

Stayed April 2007
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 15 April 2007

The location is good at Atlantic Station with plenty of restaurants & shopping but that is the only good part. The service was terrible, everyone seemed uninterested in the experience of our stay. The staff was not friendly. The room layout was just difficult and the place wasn't even clean. There were stains on the sheets, marks all over the walls, and the countertops were not clean. We were also woken up at 5am by the guests next door, you could hear entire conversations through the walls. The hotel has a very modern, non warm & non friendly feel. It was as if they tried to make it nice hip hotel but they just were not able to pull it off. I was very disappointed.

• Liked — shopping and restaurants within walking distance
  • Disliked — bad service
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank kbyrum
San Diego, California
Reviewed 4 January 2007

I also stayed at this hotel New Years weekend under the same package rate. Here are my observations:

1. Arrival - Did not get the room I requested. Ended up in a nasty cig. smoke smelling room. Asked to be moved, second room also reeked of smoke. Gave up.

2. Room - Very nice, big, great flat panel TV's with great cable/sattellite. Nice full kitchen with shiny modern decor and appliances.

3. Ghost Room Service - Terrible, Ordered Room Service via Ghost and waited for 1.5 hours. Called to find out what happened. They asked me what I ordered and told me they were out of that (they could have called me to let me know). I then changed the order and it showed up 30 minutes later and still was something different than what I wanted.

4. Valet - They are very busy so thus they are very slow. Just remember to request the car on Ghost or at Front Desk because if you wait for an attendant it will never happen. They couldn't find my rent-a-car when I checked out. After about a half hour they found it.

5. Billing - All screwed up, double charged for Valet, charged for the messed up room service they said they wouldn't charge me for. Charged me for New Years Dinner even though that was supposed to be included in the "Package". The Late night Front Desk dude was a real idiot.

6. For us the Restaurant was very good New Years eve.

7. Most of the people I dealt with were very nice, except the Late Night desk guy.

8. Very disappointed with this Hotel and will not return. It has so much potential but the Service just falls too short.

• Liked — The nice big room
  • Disliked — The nice big room stunk to high heaven of Cig Smoke
  • Tips/Secrets — Read these reviews closely as most are pretty darn accurate. Unfortunately I did not.
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MillionMiles2000
North Carolina
Reviewed 29 November 2006

My family and I had a good experience at Twelve over Thanksgiving. The two suites we booked for only $175 per night each were more like apartments, complete with stainless steel appliances in the full kitchen and two flat screen TVs. The bathrooms were large and had a seperate tub and shower. The bathroom products were from Aveda. The hotel restaurant, "Lobby", is a great part of the hotel and certainly worth eating at. There were a few things I disliked about the property. There were bed sheets stuck behind the bed side table that were there for some odd reason. Also, our keys worked for only a day at a time - we had to get them reset by the front desk each night. Besides these two minor issues, I really enjoyed Twelve and would not hesitate to stay there again or to recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Atlanta.

• Liked — Very Modern
  • Disliked — Room Key Troubles
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
6 Thank NCTRVLR
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 October 2006

We thought we could enjoy a fall weekend around the Atlantic Station area and that Twelve would be a fantastic choice for hotel and dinner. We couldn't have been more wrong. I should have trusted the reviews.

1. First, they aren't in the hotel business, they are in the business of attracting 20 -30 year old wealthy multicultural kids who take the main floor of a facility to it's breaking point on Friday and Saturday night. If having fire alarms go off through the hotel at 1 AM sounds like a blast to you...this is your place.

2. Due to the above, trying to get a decent dinner or even a drink is impossible.

3. The staff (as you will find with a phone call) is too young and too inexperienced to anticipate what a hotel guest requires...so instead they deliver standard lines of information that don't fit the need. We just wanted to know where the elevators were...we got screaming over the lobby crowd instructions on how to park our already valeted car.

4. While the Lobby at Twelve Restaurant has its merits, you can't get close enough to it for dinner. Again, having to resort to inroom dining, the order we sent and the food that arrived were two different things. Blood red lamb chops in take out containers with plastic forks and paper napkins didn't substantiate dinner or the > $100. tab. Room service guy might have been all of 16 who took the order. A note was left on the hotel's high tech "ghost" concierge system, with no response.

5. Rooms...Because these are designed as residences, they are basically high tech studios. Perfect for urban, hip people. As a hotel room, they are furnished with uncomfortable hip furniture and not enough of it for two people. What's the use of plasma TV when the sofa fits one person who wants to sit straight up on a hard surface with no ottoman?

I guess the fire alarm was the last straw for us. We're Westin people looking for a hotel experience...comfort. It's not here. Neither is hospitality or a desire to extend customer service to anyone unless they are ordering a large round of shots at the bar. It's a shame.

• Liked — Location, full service suites with kitchens
  • Disliked — Swarms of kids taking over the facility, putting us in danger (fire alarms)
  • Tips/Secrets — Skip it