“Great rooms, great value, scary neighborhood.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #87 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
SW Florida
“Great rooms, great value, scary neighborhood.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

I was attending a wholesale gift show at America's Mart so I needed a downtown room for three people (my daughter and daughter in law were with me) for two nights.My daughter arrived 1st on the MARTA from the airport (20 minutes and $2.00.) The Marta station is across the street from the hotel. She was afraid to cross the street and sent me a text asking if we should change hotels. There were a lot of young guys hanging around and she had to walk through the group to enter the hotel. Once she got to the room she was very happy to see a clean, modern, very large suite with refrigerator, micro,sink, and sitting room with a nice desk. The bedroom was huge with two extremely comfortable beds with nice linens and a great city view. The bathroom was very nice, large and clean. The breakfast was less than average with a very irritable women in charge. A constant stream of complaints directed at whomever was near her made her especially annoying. I think staff should discuss their issues with the manager not the guests. We were advised by buyers and exhibitors at the gift show not to walk around the area our hotel was in at night. Also, there aren't any good restaurants within sight of the hotel so we used taxis which had a minimum charge of $14.00 even if you went less than a mile. We left our car with the valet $20 per night. The hotel has a nice free shuttle with a very good driver who will take you anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel. We used it as much a possible. I would recommend the hotel but because of the neighborhood I would not choose it for women traveling alone.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Turkish first
Quitman, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

We read some reviews on Trip Advisor and were leary about staying here. The hotel itself is very nice. Our room was a spacious suite...large living area, large separate bedroom and a large bathroom. The price we paid was very reasonable given the amenities. The staff was very friendly. The location is Downtown Atlanta. Yes, it is crawling with unemployed people looking for a handout, but that is to be expected downtown in any large city. We didn't feel unsafe. There is a security guard outside the building at night. He is very friendly and helpful. Also, you have to be a guest to get in at night because the front entrance is locked. It is also right at The Underground, a cool shopping experience. Also, there is a Waffle House right next door. Who doesn't love Waffle House? The only experience we had that we weren't satisfied with was the last morning of our visit. It was the 4th of July, on a Monday. They were supposed to serve breakfast until 9:30, I believe. We got there at 9:00 and the lady working in the breakfast area was already putting seats on the tables and cleaning everything up. She was a little rude to the guests. There were a lot of guest trying to get breakfast and it was evident she was sick of working. I'm sure it had been a long weekend, but don't take it out on the guests.

I would stay at this hotel again. My family stays at Comfort hotels a lot and I have to say, I haven't had any bad experiences with this Chain.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank adkmommy1
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

If you like to be near Underground, this IS THE PLACE for you!!! It is also across the street from a MARTA station that drops you after the Braves games (you catch the shuttle TO the game from Underground). In addition, you can make the walk to the "main area" where Jalepeno Charlies, Hooters and Hard Rock are located. It's about a 10 minute walk (if that) and we did it at night and in the daytime. Totally safe!!
I LOVED this hotel- very clean, super nice and quiet. The room we stayed in had a pull out couch and TV in one room, and a bedroom with TV in another. Perfect for a family or a couple who would like some extra space.
I would totally suggest staying here! There is even a microwave and fridge!
Free hotel shuttle within 2 miles of the hotel.

Room Tip: Great location to Underground and MARTA. Free Shuttle to Braves games. Near downtown bars
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsTraveler22
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

I was extremely pleasantly surprised with my room. This hotel was the cheapest in the area and I was afraid that the room would represent this. However, when I got there the staff was helpful and friendly and the room was HUGE! My room had a bedroom with a king bed and a living room area with a pull-out couch...not to mention a TV in EACH room. I was the only person staying and this was more than enough space for me. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

This hotel is the ABSOLUTE BEST! My family and I were in town visiting relatives and our stay was extrodinary! The staff was friendly and very handled all of our requests without reservation. The room was spacious and inviting and the BED was the absolute best! I will DEFINITELY stay here again because the location was centrally located within minutes to food and fun! This hotel is my favorite! We will be back!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CourtneyChaney2011
dsmith8600, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
Truly thank you.

Wow! Thank you so much for the time, effort and detail that had to go into a review about Comfort Suites Downtown . Your review was appreciated and reviewed by the management staff. We willdefinitely share this with the entire staff and this is why we strive to be #1. It's is feedback like this that keeps our team excited and motivated to serve our guests. This is the best review written about our hotel! Thanks again.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

I had a great stay at the Comfort Suites in Downtown Atlanta. The room was extremely spacious and very clean. I have stayed at extremely upscale hotels and the room was on par if not better than them. The staff was fantastic! They have a great shuttle service and are willing to take you to most places within downtown Atlanta including the World Congress center, Aquarium, and local restaurants. They were extremely helpful when a package was not delivered correctly and shuttled the package to me at my convention when it arrived. The staff was helpful in every aspect. The only negative I could say is that the area surrounding the hotel does not seem to be the safest, especially at night. I would not recommend walking around the area near the hotel after dark, especially alone. However, I thoroughly recommend this hotel as a fantastic value, I got a great rate through the hotel myself using my AAA card.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank shutterbug44
dsmith8600, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for the feedback on our spacious rooms, from an travelers perspective. We at Comfort Suites Atlanta Downtown are happy to hear that your first stay with us was a great one! We really appreciate the great review! We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to our hotel soon!!!

Again, on behalf of the staff it was our pleasure to have you as a guest of Comfort Suites Atlanta Downtown.
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

I am a Hilton Property person, but this one weekend I had family that had already checked-in the Comfort Suites Hotel Downton Atlanta, GA. However, we did not want to be seperated; so my family and I crowded in together to make it a huge event.
I am now convienced that Comfort Suites are nice depending on the staff that is working. From the time we checked-in until the moment we left the Hotel, the management staff seemed to greet us, made sure we know of events happening in town, and offered great suggesstions for resturants for our family (35) to dine and relax. The rooms were nice and spaceious for a Comfort Suites Hotel. I would give this hotel a five star rating just for its cleaniness, friendly staff, and great location in the downtown area of Atlanta.
Once again, thanks to the management staff for wonderful time. We will look forward to the next rotation of our family get together in Atlanta, Ga. We will be using the Comfort Suites Hotel, Downtown Atlanta, Ga.

David Austin

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank daustin0415
Dear Guest

Wow! This is the best review ever written about Comfort Suites Atlanta Downtown! Thank you so much for the time, effort and detail that had to go into a review like this. Your review was read to the entire management team. It's is feedback like this that keeps our team excited and motivated to serve our guests. Thanks again.