Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #84 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I just returned from a business trip to Atlanta. I just have to say, the staff at this hotel is unbelieveable. The two ladies who took care of breakfast were fabulous! Their names are Miss Kathy and Toya. Helpful, is not quite adequate for what they do. Thank you ladies, you made every morning a pleasure! Also, if you get the chance to be there when they are shutting down the breakfast and hear the song they sing to you...well... if you don't leave for the day with a smile on your face, nobody can help you. The GM, Jim was also great, his recommendation of Mary Mac's Tea Room...I'll just say WOW!!! If you are in Atlanta and get a chance to go to Mary Mac's, do it! If not for the helpful staff at the Fairfield we would not have gone. I cannot leave out the two ladies that work the front desk in morning, I don't remember your names but you too were fabulous!
Brian Blais
Manila Consulting Inc, McLean, VA

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Krystal W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Mr. Blais,

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown and thank you for the wonderful feedback. Latoya and Ms. Cathy were both moved by the kind words you wrote. Our team works very hard to provide a high level of customer service and we strive to help our guest have a unique and memorable stay. We truly are a family and want every guest to feel at home while staying with us. The dining options you received from Jeff the GM is a small example of how we try to enhance our guest stay by providing the best local options for that authentic Atlanta experience.

We really appreciate you taking the time out to share you experience. Our entire staff looks forward to your next visit at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

FYI: Next time you’re in town try Sweet Georgia’s Juke Joint. The shrimp and grits are amazing!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We just returned fro a week stay in Atlanta. After much research we picked this location. It was perfect and the staff was absolutely fantastic! We had a great time and the rooms are large enough for a family. The women at the front desk were very nice and welcoming. To the people who complained about the area around the hotel, relax. If you have been to any large city and stayed downtown, it is no different. The main MARTA hub is right outside, so there is a lot of pedestrian traffic. There is always a police presence and myself nor my family felt unsafe at anytime. I would stay there again! To the management, you have a great staff. Feel free to contact me anytime for a recommendation.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank msl10884

We would just like to thank you for the great feedback from your stay at Fairfield Inn and Suites Atlanta Downtown. It sounds like we were the perfect fit for meeting you and the needs of your family. The staff truly enjoys what they do, and it is always good to hear that their efforts don’t go unnoticed. Our entire staff looks forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Stayed here 2 nights this week, Hotel was fine.... clean, friendly staff, nice beds!! The neighborhood not so much! Our first night we arrived to the hotel about 7:00 pm Valeted the car and decided to walk with our 2 children a block to Mcdonalds for dinner...... Wow! I haven't ever been that scared in my life, A man actually came up to my husband and told him we needed to keep moving and don't stop we should not be on the street so late. Also we were unable to step out the door at the hotel with out being asked for money. We stayed from about 7pm wed to 9am fri and we were asked by at least 13 different people for money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Atlanta Downtown. It is good to hear that the service you received during your stay was friendly, courteous, and that your hotel accommodations met your standards.

We are located in the heart of downtown Atlanta which is a busy metropolis with people from all walks of life. We are working very diligently with the city of Atlanta to do whatever it takes to enhance the overall perception of certain areas in downtown Atlanta.

We provide for our guest convenience a complimentary shuttle that transports guest within a two mile radius of the hotel. This radius covers all major downtown attractions (Word of Coca Cola, Georgia Aquarium, CNN, etc…) and tons of restaurant options.

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. With feedback like yours and our commitment to continuous improvement we will continue to achieve our goal of 100% guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Every single employee from front desk, valet personnel to cleaning were the absolute most friendly, thoughtful and helpful of any hotel I have ever stayed. Even the outsourced security guard taking watch at the front door was equally as friendly and helpful. I saw him on a number of ocassions carrying luggage for new arrivals and those departing and doing so while chatting it up with the customer. The rooms are all suites with a separate bedroom from the entrance and living room area and has mini fridge and microwave with sink area. These are ammenities I seek in a hotel as they are very handy to my family. Most hotels in Atlanta will provide you with a fridge for a daily charge. Wireless internet is free here.....most hotels in Atlanta charge you daily. Although a little bit of a bottleneck, the morning breakfast area served a selection of decent food items including the usual continental items, but they also provide heatable breakfast sandwiches. Not anything special to remember, but definitely fills a void until lunch. The hotel is conveniently located to about anything you want to do downtown....4 blocks from CNN Center, 2 blocks from Braves bus, right on top of Atlanta Underground. However, this convenience comes with an unfortunate fact and stigma of Atlanta. You don't feel overly comfortable out roaming at night. There tended to be quite a number of panhandlers and homeless all over downtown. We drove around downtown quite a bit and never really saw any hotel where things were any different. The security guard did a fantastic job of keeing the entrance clear for the guests. Just know if you are going to stay in downtown Atlanta, tolerating the locals will be a joint effort with the locals tolerating us visitors. I would not recommend walking around later at night looking around like a tourist in any section of downtown Atlanta. If I go back to Atlanta I will stay here again because I just don't believe I will get the same quality room and ammenities for the rate Fairfield has.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank so much for the feedback from your stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Downtown Atlanta. I have passed along your comments to the staff about the great service you received. We all work very hard to ensure all guest receive the “Southern Hospitality” you come to expect in the south.

I am glad you were able to take full advantage of a number of the complimentary amenities we offer including the Wi-Fi, breakfast, and our downtown shuttle. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Our entire staff looks forward to your next visit at the Fairfield Inn and suites Atlanta Downtown.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I just stayed here last week with my family and I would highly recommend this hotel. This Fairfield is by far the best Fairfield I have ever stayed at! The lobby was very modern and new, the rooms were very large with 2 flat screen TV 's and a separate living room and all marble bathroom.The service was outstanding and I appreciated everything about my stay. I had a comprehensive breakfast in the morning, I appreciated the lounge in the evening for drinks. The location is a typical downtown urban location where I felt safe and also the hotel provided shuttle service to and from the surrounding attractions. Great new Marriott property and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Krystal W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at our Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott in Atlanta Downtown, Georgia. It’s great to hear that you and your family had such an outstanding stay with us! We really work hard as a team to make sure every guest is satisfied with the hotel and the service that we provide.

As you mentioned the hotel is new to the Marriott family and has recently undergone a multimillion dollar renovation, which captures the perfect blend of modern and comfort. Our all-suites hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of all major downtown Atlanta attractions. We also provide a number of useful and complimentary amenities, such as daily shuttle service, breakfast, Wi-Fi, fitness center, and business center.

We recently opened Lounge 54 which is a private bar for our guest and their friends and colleagues.

With feedback like yours and our commitment to continuous improvement we will continue achieve our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. Our entire staff looks forward to your next visit to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

My family and I wanted to go sightseeing in downtown Atlanta. Fairfield offered us the best oppurtunity to do so at a very affordable price. The rooms are suites and have been newly renovated. I would suggest this hotel for those folks looking to make easy work of their sightseeing.

• Stayed: August 2012

Greetings Bigsixdomino,

Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Atlanta Downtown. We are pleased to know that you really enjoyed the convenience of our location to major attractions in the downtown area. Our complimentary guest shuttle provides transportation to, the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coke, Martin Luther King Jr. Historic site, CNN, and Centennial Olympic park to name a few. I hope you were able to take advantage of the shuttle in order to get to the attractions you visited during your stay with us.

Our entire staff looks forward to your next visit. Thanks again for making us your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

We booked this hotel because it claimed to be close to the Georgia Aquarium. We pulled in at around 10PM at night and neither my wife or I could believe the neighborhood this place was in -- we've traveled the country and have stayed in good and bad hotels in good and bad parts of town in all the major cities. Atlanta is by far the worst. I've never felt as unsafe in Chicago or NYC as I did pulling up to this hotel...especially with kids. But, the reservation was booked, so we stopped and (valet) parked the car. Security was present in front of the hotel, which was nice -- and VERY necessary.

We got checked in and got the room. We had requested a pack 'n play, but, of course, there wasn't one in the room. It took 45 minutes to get one brought up and when it was brought up, it was missing a mattress. We called and they were going to round up a mattress for us, but we found out 20 minutes later that they have no mattress (foam pad, whatever) for the pack 'n play and they were trying to find a spare couch cushion to put in it. That wasn't okay, so we had to go have the valet fetch the car (they're apparently kept two blocks away) so that we could retrieve our own pack 'n play.

On the morning of our second day, we hopped in the car to head to the Fernbank Natural History museum (well worth a visit). We came back after the Fernbank for nap time and planned to take the hotel's shuttle to the Aquarium (remember, the Aquarium that's supposed to be close by, per the hotel's website). During our drive earlier, we had seen where the Aquarium was and knew that it was about 5-6 blocks away from the hotel. We called the front desk to see about the shuttle (it was parked right out front) and were told, "he's not driving there today because the last time it took him too long to get back." Seriously? Apparently so. On that note, we walked to the Aquarium. Not a bad walk, but a little rough in this neighborhood and pulling two kids along.

Things did get much better about two blocks away from the hotel -- much safer vibe, no problems at all. Felt like a normal city. We walked by several hotels that we'll look at booking on our next stay in Atlanta.

I can't say that this place is terrible -- the room and hotel are in nice shape and well-kept. The free continental breakfast was better than most. I can say that the location is awful and that service leaves MUCH to be desired (including a shuttle driver willing to actually shuttle hotel guests.)