“Unplanned overnight”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #94 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was stranded in Atlanta when my connecting flight got canceled. Since all airport hotels were booked out due to many flight cancellations, I went to this Fairfield Inn and Suites. I must say that their staff and interactions with me were top notch. Although I arrived at 1am, they were quick to recommend take out and delivery food options nearby. They were very helpful in arranging transportation back to the airport.

The reason I did not give it a 5 star rating was due to the room. The first room I received had a broken heater. It was -9 degrees Fahrenheit outside with wind-chill and my heater only recirculated the already cold in-room air. But, a quick call to the front desk and within minutes they came up and brought me the keys to another room. Here, everything worked perfect. Bed was clean and comfortable, it was quiet, and all the amenities worked.

I had the included breakfast which was fresh and well staffed again, i.e. quickly cleaned and replenished. Again, the thing that made this hotel such a welcome respite from an unexpected layover was the super friendly, curteous and helpful staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here last night at the last minute due to our flight arriving late. It was after midnight when we arrived there and security and the bell man greeted us. It was freezing and they helped my husband get our luggage out while my daughters and I went inside. The lady at the front desk was equally as nice and accommodating. Our room was nice and clean. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because the beds were slightly uncomfortable and the $30 for valet service is a little steep in my opinion. However, the staff made up for this. They are all smiles and helpful.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

On our travels between Florida and Kentucky, we often stop along the way. This was an very good hotel for us. First, service was top notch. Courteous and prompt. The room was huge. No problems. Location was convenient given its downtown area. Thanks!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shad S
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed for 2 days and couldn't have asked for a nicer more helpful staff, cleaner rooms, or a better location.

We arrived early afternoon to check in and head out for lunch. Front desk recommended a fantastic restaurant and, because we were located smack dab in the middle of everything, we were able to find it easily and walk there.

At one point the valet couldn't find us a cab, so he drove us in his personal vehicle to our destination.

All of the employees were always cheerful and asking if we needed anything.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I did not stay at this hotel but I did attend a training there for a week. The staff was amazing and so friendly! The breakfast attendents made my day with their bright smiles and they event put on a great show for us one morning - singing a song about the Fairfield. The hotel is in a horrible location however, they had a security guy that was fantastic! He always made sure we were safe and it was very comfting having him there.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I was scheduled to stay for 4 nights while on business in Atlanta. I am a frequent traveler (I stay in at least 20 hotels a year) and for the first time in my seven years of frequent travel, I checked out after the first night and found accomodations elsewhere. I'll give this hotel two stars ONLY because the staff were amazing and friendly, and it's not the hotel's fault that it's located in such a shady part of the city.

We knew something was wrong almost immediately upon arrival. My friend and I were chased by a creepy guy in the streets surrounding the hotel at 3 in the afternoon, and there wasn't much going on in the area (no restaurants, shops, etc). After checking in, we waited a very long time to get up to our rooms, since only one of the two elevators were working. Then we got to our room on the 9th floor and that's when things got weird. Multiple rooms had piles of dirty towels sitting outside their doors. I thought maybe housekeeping was behind schedule and still coming around to pick up towels, but the dirty towels remained there well into the evening. When we got to our room, it looked nice enough for a fairfield inn (which, by the way, wasn't cheap, at $139 a night), but something wasn't quite right about the door and the wall. Both looked as though they had been either really poorly painted or scrubbed, and patches of the wall appeared to have a different paint finish than others. The worst part was the carpets in the hallway on the ninth floors, which appeared to have blood stains trickled all over, leading into the elevators. This might have been any other red substance (juice, ketchup, etc) but whatever it was, it was alarming and I didn't need to see it. The red blood-like substance could also be seen on the linoleum tiles around the ice machine and still appeared to be wet. When we realized this, we decided to check out first thing in the morning. The next morning, to add insult to injury, the iron (which had heated up for about 30 seconds on the appropriate setting) seared a hole straight through the shirt I had planned to wear to my business meeting.

I explained all of this to the front desk at checkout, but they seemed unconcerned and told me that the hotel wouldn't be replacing (or I guess cleaning??) their carpets until next month when they complete their marriott renovation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Jenf12345
Kdw54, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

We would like to apologize on behalf of the entire hotel staff for the discomfort you experienced during your recent visit to our property. We have shared your comments with our housekeeping staff to make sure all guest rooms and common areas are cleaned to the Marriott standards. We appreciate your comments and hope that you will come back and visit our property.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The hotel is located directly at the central subway station Five Points, maybe 50 meters distance.
Before travelling I read several reviews about this hotel saying it is unsafe to be around or to go to the hotel after sunset. I cannot confirm this.
The hotel staff is really great. My hotel "apartment" (consisting of a first room with couch, TV, desk, and small kitchenette and a second room with bed and TV) was clean and with a window to the hotel's backside I didn't heard any traffic noise.
However, the first room had a (locked) connecting door to the neighbouring hotel room, where the guests made party all night long - I could hear everything they said. Of course, I asked them to reduce the loudness and they did. But it was still noisy. Such a connecting door could be more noise-blocking.
The breakfast was good. However, if you don't like to eat scrambled eggs and sausage for breakfast, there is not much choice. They use disposable dishes, cutlery, and cups.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I have passed your comments about the Staff on to our management team and they thank you as well! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Atlanta.