“In Town for a Conference”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #82 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Lake Isabella, MI
“In Town for a Conference”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn in downtown ATL for a few nights as part of a conference I was attending near the Georgia Dome. The staff at the hotel was truly excellent. Very friendly and professional. The breakfast was good and the Wifi worked very well. The location was OK in terms of distance from the Georgia Dome, it was a 15 to 20 minute walk, which was OK as it wasn't too hot during our stay. It is a very good location if you plan on using the MARTA system as it is across the street from the 5 Points Central Station.

The only issues we had we our room keys never seemed to work with the front door.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Harold J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Hello Teearedubya,

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel as well as the area. I have investigated the issue with the front entrance. We have fixed this. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I hope we see you again when visiting the Atlanta area.

Harold

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Turkish first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites for one Saturday night. The walls seemed super thin, and I could hear everyone at all hours of the evening. That was unfortunate. The hotel was clean, and the staff was very helpful. The location was pretty good. The bed was not comfortable, and the breakfast was disgusting. I don't think the eggs were real and the sausage looked unappealing (I didn't try it though.) I also got stuck in the elevator, though I think that was a fluke. All in all, I would stay here again, but probably only for a very short stay. I forgot to mention, there was a nice sitting area in the room, so it felt like you had a lot more space by having the bedroom separated from the sitting area.

Room Tip: I would choose a room on a lower level floor as the views aren't that great up top, and the elev...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hi Heyv,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am saddened to hear that you stay was only fine. We strive to make all of our guests feel like family. I am so sorry that you were unable to enjoy our breakfast. We are currently working to add new items with plenty of healthier options.

I hope we see you again on your next visit to Atlanta!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 May 2014

From the time we entered, until the time we left the whole experience was just awesome. WE arrived late at night and the desk staff made us feel like we arrived in the afternoon. No problem with the late arrival, Our room was clean, smelled super great and the beds were very comfortable. Enough amenities for us. Coffee in room and great breakfast in the a.m. Any time we had a question about how to get somewhere, the staff took time to help us and NEVER made us feel stupid......as we have felt in other hotels. The breakfast staff was extremely attentive and even the guy that was holding our luggage one could see that he really loved his job. WE checked out at 11:00 but were going the a baseball game and he held our luggage for us. Overall, I can't say enough positive about our experience. Just totally enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandy M
Sandy!

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! I am so pleased to hear that you had a great stay!

I hope we see you again when visiting the Atlanta area.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here for the weekend of April 11-13, as we were in Atlanta for a NBA basketball game. This hotel was okay for me. Yes it is near a train, that was pretty noisy, and yes it is near Underground, so at times the area is extremely busy. But, honestly, we arrived at 2:00 a.m., and I really did feel secure, there were about 5 security officers present, as well as the valet drivers. I have nothing bad to say about this location, no it's not the very best, and DEFINITELY not the worst.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shemeka g
Harold J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Hi Shemeka!

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! You had noted some items that we've been working on to enhance our guests stay and comfort. We have have been working on increased security as well as increased valet presence. I am glad that you have noticed our improvements. Our downtown area has a lot to offer and I so glad that you got a chance to enjoy it!

When you're visiting the Atlanta area again, I hope we see you again.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Ill first start off by saying that we came all the way from Charlotte to celebrate my best friends bachelorette party. So once we got there the valet service was crazy. Then i find out that i have to pay 30 for parking. And for the price of the room i felt like my parking shouldve been free. But black (valet man)did take good care of us. So we go in and check in. Get all our stuff out the car to find a long line in front of the elevator. There's only one elevator working. Our room was on the seventh floor so we had to wait forever. Ok so once we get in the room. It was ok. We just sat our stuff done and went to do some shopping. Once we got back there's a line in front of the front door, nobody's key worked the outside door. We had to wait til someone was coming out to get in. Then had to wait on the elevator to go all the way up and back down twice. I go to wash my hands and the knob breaks in the bathroom. There was crackheads hanging all outside. People trying to sell us stuff at 4am. Once we got inside around 4am there was drunkin guest in the lobby making so much noise. We finally get to our floor and there's guest in the hallway drinking goin from room to room all kind of noise. Day of check out, we had to wait 40 min and I mean 40 min on the elevator. We were on the top floor so every time the elevator doors open it was jam packed. We had no choice but to wait, we couldnt go down 17th flights of stairs with our luggage. Only reason I didnt make a big deal about this yesterday and today was because i didnt want to spoil our brides weekend. I am very disappointed at marriott for all this. This will be the first and last time I stay here.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jay980
Harold J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Hello Jay980,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I understand that you experienced some inconveniences with the general area outside the hotel as well as our elevator service. Please accept my sincere apologies. We have both of our elevators back in service with minimal wait time to desired floors. I am so terribly sorry that we let you down. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to make this right. When traveling to the Atlanta area, we hope to see you again.

Again, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Harold

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Des Plaines, Illinois
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Extremely dirty, holes in walls, only one working elevator, rude staff, bad neighborhood with homeless people standing right outside front entrance. Valet company damaged our luggage carrier and has yet to reimburse for the damages. Safe yourself some trouble & don't stay here!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Harold J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Hi Gloria,

It embarrasses me that we failed to provide you with a comfortable stay. I understand your frustration and how these inconveniences caused much discomfort. Please accept my sincere apologies. I will work with our valet company to ensure that your damaged luggage is taken care of.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Worst hotel experience I have ever had. 17 floors sold out hotel and only 1 working elevator. Black mold, dry wall patches unfinished, no ice machine in the floor, 1 towel in room. Left bags with front desk to return for later-cash taken from bag.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank KimSawyer
Harold J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I want to assure you I have personally addressed all of the areas of concern that you had mentioned from you previous stay. I completely understand how frustrating this is and how it can impact the comfort of your stay. I assure you we are working on everything to ensure that this does not happen again in the future!

Best,