Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center(Atlanta)
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
  • Room Service
All reviewsvalet parkingfive pointsbreakfast ladiespoints marta stationfront deskpolice presencefree shuttlethe breakfast areawithin a mile radiusvalet servicewaffle houseliving roombig cityshuttle driverfree breakfastbooked this hotelgeorgia dome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel is right across the street for the Marta stop, which was convenient. However, it also made it a location for activity. I stayed here while attending a conference and it was a quick walk down Marietta Street to the convention center, which was fine during the day. The breakfast was convenient, standard fare, but could get rather busy. The gym has 2 treadmills, 2 bikes and 2 elliptical machines, but I only used it one of the days I was there choosing to walk to he conference. Our room was on a corner which was nice and had a small sitting area and 2-bed bedroom. Staff were friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Harold J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hello Lismatisse,

Thank you for taking the time in letting us know how we're doing! I understand that you may have experienced some areas with your room that you were not happy with based on your ranking of rooms.

If you were not satisfied with your stay I would like to make it right. Please let me know if there is anything that I may do.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for two nights only because we could not find anything else on the 4th of July weekend close to where we were working.
I had a very large room that seemed to only be spot cleaned. There were areas of sticky residue on the table in the living area as well as spots on the walls over by the sink and microwave area. Looked as if someone had breakfast with kids and they had gotten syrup all over the place.
The TV in the living area did not work so I called the front desk(around 2:30 pm) and they said they would send someone to fix it. Came back in to a still not working TV so when I left the hotel early the next morning I left it on with a note to the maid laying on top of the remote asking for it to be fixed. When I returned that night, the TV was still on (unfixed) and the remote was now on top of the note.
The next morning when I was checking out, again early (4:00 am), when I entered the elevator someone had vomited and left it. When I got to the lobby I called this to the attention of the front desk worker and she told me she knew and would clean it. She was called outside by the valet to say hello/good bye to a group of people that were leaving the Waffle House next door. We stood and waited for 10 minutes on the valet to go and retrieve our car so we could leave and the desk attendant did not return during this time to tend to the elevator.
I usually try and stay at Marriott properties but this is one that will be marked off of my list of places to stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Mitch M
Harold J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hello Mitchell,

Thank you for taking the time in letting us know how we are doing. I am embarrassed that you had to experience this level of service. I am so terribly sorry, I hope you will accept our apology on behalf of the team and myself. I can not take back what negative experience you had while staying with us, but I would like to try in any way possible. I would love an opportunity to make this right. Please feel free to reach out if you would like.

Again, I am so sorry that we failed to provide you with a satisfactory stay.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed approximately one week ago and the elevators are still having issues. The elevator on the left would go up to about the 8th floor, stop, make a terrible clunk then return to the lobby. Took way to long to actually get to the 15th floor. In fact, going from the 15th down it failed twice in a row so I chose to take 15 flights of stairs down. I'm in good shape, but that would have been hard for some travelers. Long story short....the elevator issue is still not resolved. The room was OK, but the mattress on the bed left something to be desired.
The worst part about the location is the large numbers of street people and dealers hanging out around the hotel. They are everywhere. I was hit up for money 4 times from the transit center exit to the hotel door (about 120 feet walking distance). It left me feeling quite unsafe. The neighborhood is so undesirable restaurants are not located there, other than McDonald's and I think a Subway. Nothing for dinner. I finally decided to walk about 9 blocks up towards the Hard Rock to get dinner. I learned from two independent restaurant workers and a cab driver that the area is not safe at night. A bar tender told me that he nor anyone for that matter should be walking in that area at night. Apparently, shootings do happen. Its not surprising because if you took the time to watch closely you will see street level drug deals going down less than 100 feet from the building. I hope Marriott can find the staff, who were helpful, and their guests a better downtown location for their hotel. I stay in Marriott hotels of varying levels almost weekly. Unfortunately, this was by far the biggest eyesore for the entire brand.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marc S

Hello Marc,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time in letting us know how we are doing. I wanted to take the time to apologize about the most unfortunate experience that you had while staying with us. From time to time we do experience elevator issues and I understand that you had regrettably experienced this first hand. I hope you will accept my sincere apology on behalf of the team and myself. Our goal is providing you with an experience that is comfortable and worry free. Again, I am sorry that we failed to provide you with this. I would love an opportunity to make this right. Please let me know if there is anything I may do, it will be my pleasure to assist.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Upon check-in we had to wait almost 45 minutes for our room to be available, even though we called a day ahead to confirm check in time. The lobby was packed with many many other people waiting for their rooms
as well. Once we were checked and settled in our room, I was surprised that it was very nice considering the area which was very run down and trashy. We felt very unsafe and will not be staying here on our next trip to Atlanta.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Stacy_michelle
Harold J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Hello Stacy,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your room accommodations. I am so terribly sorry to hear that you had the most unfortunate experience at check in. We make every effort possible to ensure all of our rooms are ready for check-in. From time to time, we do experience longer delays. Again, I am so terribly sorry that you experienced this. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The staff was extremely nice and helpful. My family stayed here for one night to catch a Braves game. I will add that it was a free stay based on my points. A very nice hotel on the edge of a very rough part of downtown Atlanta. Never any concern however. We walked 1 block to catch a bus to the game and 1 block back to the hotel once the bus dropped us back off. The room was nice, the bed was comfortable, the hotel was clean and well managed. There was a Waffle House right next door to take care of any 'after game' food needs. The only thing I didn't like was the parking was somewhere off site and it wasn't optional. It wasn't cheap either. The valet did a great job of getting our vehicle to us the next morning in a timely manner and helping us with our luggage. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It is right in the heart of downtown! An entrance to 'Underground Atlanta' was right at the hotel but we didn't have the time to explore it. A very good stay at a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank IMTheTruth
Harold J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hello Traveler,

I am pleased to hear your great experience while visiting Atlanta for the Braves game. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing.

I hope we see you again when visiting the Atlanta area.