“Terrible place”

Ranked #80 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
California
“Terrible place”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at this property, on arrival there was a terrible smell in the lobby , when I finally checked in, my cable tv, internet, refrigerator, nothing works even the elevators were banging so loud carpet on the rooms and hall look a mess. This hotel should no way be called a marriott.

Room Tip: Not a good location , homeless people all over the entrance
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank John P
Harold J, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Good afternoon John P.,

We have received your concern about your most recent stay. Our staff strives to ensure that each of our hotel guest receives the greatest customer experience. Unfortunately, it appears that we did not met your expectations during your visit. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and ensure you we are doing everything to prevent this from occurring in the future.

We hope that you would consider staying with us again if ever in the Atlanta Area. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, as we take matters like this serious.

Thank you for taking the time and bringing this matter to our attention. Please let us know if there is additional we can do to enhance your overall experience going forward.

Dimetrius A. Blackmon
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was very impressed with the cleanliness and room layout. The staff sets the atmosphere for the hotel at any location and I must acknowledge some personnel at this location that went beyond the call of duty to accommodate our requests. Franswah Brinkley & Dwight (Valet services), Ben (Housekeeping), Kathy,LaToya, Cherly (Breakfast crew), Dominique James (Front desk), and Kia Center (Sales Mgr). I think we should be specific and let others know how we are treated and the attitude of those working in these positions. Overall the personnel located at this site were very cordial and you feel that they were there to serve you. Yes I plan to return to location next August and will recommend this location to others.

Room Tip: At this hotel, basically the rooms are suites and the layout of the room is great. You can isolate...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MARIA N
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Location: Terrible
We stayed here for our first visit to Atlanta. We won't come back. The location is terrible...I repeat...terrible. Agreeably there isn't much that can be done about that other than to place armed guards around every street corner. Sure...I get it, I'm not a "city" person...but the location is awful. You can't even get into the main lobby entrance without a room key...what? How are you supposed to check in? Good question. Look do yourself a favor and pick one of the other Marriott hotels in the area to the north. Mid town seems better in a lot of respects.

Inside: Mediocre
Once inside the hotel it is clear that it is run by third rate amateurs. It is dirty. The beds in the room are great, if you like to have springs digging into you all night or are into some kind of kinky thing. Carpets are full of stains. AC seemed to work okay though.

Parking: Rip off
Jeeeez....$30 per day for valet parking? You don't really have a choice because only a clown would park their car on the streets around there! They tell you to call 10 minutes ahead so they can have your car ready, yet when you come down 20minutes later they have no clue what you are talking about, only to eventually squirrel away and get your car while you wait another 10 minutes (I know, first world problems! But, come on what's the point in telling everyone to call down 10minutes ahead if you just plan to ignore them?)

Uber: Awesome
Always use Uber..it is the only way to travel in Atlanta.

Breakfast: Powered Eggs
Seriously, who in this day and age uses powered eggs? Spacemen traveling to Mars, that's who, and it's understandable. Come on guys...seriously? Coffee was okay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank britzombie
Good afternoon,

Dimetrius A. Blackmon
Assistant General Manager
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Co worker booked this place due to low cost relative to other Marriott properties. The hotel is OK-rooms are big and clean and the staff is very nice. From valet, to front desk, to housekeeping, staff are very warm and seem to like their jobs. My knocks on this hotel is that the rooms are a little tired (ie. dresser drawer stayed open by a good six inches, outlets didn't work, and carpet was worn) and neighborhood had potential to be dicey. That's not the fault of the hotel, but I'm not a huge fan of people just milling around the entrance of a hotel who aren't staying there and needing your room key for entrance after 9PM.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank maybeitsthebeertalk
Harold J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hello!

Thank you so much for letting us know how we're doing. I am so deeply embarrassed that we were not able to meet your expectations. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our staff. I will surely share these kind words with them. We are in the process of updating the hotel over the next few months. I hope you will give us an opportunity to make this right for you.

I hope we see you again when visiting the Atlanta area.

MUC
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here for the 2nd time by Chance/ by accident. I tip the room maid, I'm friendly to the staff, I Chat with the breakfast Team. What else, please? No and never I received a free shuttle ride, not even 5 blocks away to the CNN Center, even not in the pouring rain.

There is no Support at all if your luggage is lost in transistion. It is obviously not the fault by Marriott but still though expected to offer some essentials. You even can't Buy!

The place is dirty, the aisle is dirty, the room will not be cleaned. The pillows are used (there are countless, so You just sort out those which look used!). The floors never been cleaned during my stay. Trash can not emptied, coffee pads not refilled, used towels not replaced but used towels rolled and put on the shelf. This is unacceptable.

The free breakfast is free. Be careful what You pick. some toast slices are moldy. unacceptable. Breakfast staff is either exceptionally friendly or exceptionally unfriendly.

The Windows can't be opened, Ages before, you probably could, but after re-painting, the Windows are tight and Close. Especially for Europeans this is a nightmare.

The rooms are jsut seperated by a door - 2 rooms might be Extended to a Family Suite. But if You are not a Family, You still hear every single word from the other side. I'm accepting that children want to Play and never will play still. but in a Hotel it is expected to at least have a wall and not just a thin door in between families and jet-lagged travellers.

The front desk staff is nice and polite. But they don't Help, they just politely note your polite request.

My first stay wasn't that bad - issues didn't Show up because due to better wheather conditions I wasn't forced to spend a lot of time in the room.

The room is dark. Nice view from the breakfast room. No view from the room.

Location is central but not save. Environment is scary. Underground Shopping and Restaurant Mall is neglected.

Wifi is slow but okay.

There is a detailed view into 2 rooms. Yes, they can see You, too.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is never clean but You easily May use the staircase. 309 has a view into 2 other rooms (an...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank MucAntje
Harold J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hello,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing. I am saddened to hear that we did not meet your expectations during either of your visits. It's our goal to ensure that all of our guests are comfortable and happy. We let you down and ourselves. I will be sharing this valuable feedback with the rest of our executive team to right these inconveniences that you regrettably experienced.

I thank you taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Well I came to view the hotel on a busy Saturday and ms. Jessie asked me to come back on a weekday. No problem. I came and FELL IN LOVE. the rooms are clean and spacious and look just like the pictures. So I asked if they could block a room off for my birthday Saturday they did. I came Saturday and checked in the fabulous ms. Jessie and mr. Joseph were amazing. The hospitality was A+ Service.whatever I needed was accommodated and it was a great experience. I will stay here again!!! (They keep the Lobby door secure to keep the homeless people / criminals out too. And I felt safe even though I'm in the underground. Lol)

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank OvoDes
OvoDes,

Thank you so much for letting us know how we're doing. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope we see you again when visiting the Atlanta area.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel,

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We came the Beyonce & jayz concert. The hotel was easy to find and even there were a slew of others arriving too the valet parking took care of my car right away ($30 fee/ worth it) . We were checked in right away with friendly service. The elevators were a little slow but they worked. Our room was much nicer that I expected! It was just like the pictures...none of the issues from other reviewers. The beds were nice ,the shower was hot and the Marta was literaly across the street and one stop away from the ga dome. We also took advantage of the waffle house next door after the concert. The free shuttle service recommended and took us to sweet Georgia juke joint for lunch...it was amazing. They also gave us their card and when we were ready they even picked us up. Our room was near the ice machine and the elevator but we heard no noise. Other than a slow drain in the tub our stay was perfect! I would definitely stay here again. Security was always present in and out of the building. We were never hassled by any non hotel guest.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shakeyla S
Greetings Shakeyla,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we're doing! I am so pleased you enjoyed your trip to Atlanta for the concert that you attended. I will share these kind words with my team.

I hope we see you again when visiting the Atlanta area.