“you have no choice”
Review of The Masquerade

The Masquerade
Ranked #7 of 133 Nightlife in Atlanta
Reviewed 5 September 2013

If you want to see a good metal show, chances are, it's at the masquerade. Is it the best venue? hell no. But go anyway because that's the only place in Atlanta that these great bands seem to play while on tour.

1  Thank ErnieHW

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I was there for the Jamey Johnson and Merle Haggard show. Awesome set up except for one thing. The beer vendors do not take credit cards and at $6-7 per can we ran out of cash very quick. So be prepared.

1  Thank Mts2cWNC
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Stage was on second floor. Saw Alt-J. Looking around I realized how difficult it would be to get out if there was a stampede or some kind of mayhem. Place was over booked. Packed shoulder to shoulder. No seats, all standing. And people were smoking. The large, built in fans weren't "on", allowing smoke to build up. It was like being rolled in a carpet alive. Scary!

7  Thank Augustspy
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Went to the Toro Y Moi concert here and while it was LIFE CHANGING music-wise, i'm not the biggest fan of the venue. all of the songs by Wild Belle and T y M were executed flawlessly, but the acoustics of the space were sub-par. There were numerous moments when i thought my ears were going to start bleeding because so many of the melodic sounds began to come across as noise. Perhaps better placement of the speakers might solve the problem? i had a great time in spite of it all, but i do NOT relish having to put my hands over my ears at any point during a performance.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

I got invited to a concert here and I couldn't resist. Would I go back? I doubt it. This place is a big room with a bar. The band is up front and there are no chairs. My concert was sold out so the place was packed. We stood by the emergency exits "just in case"; the place is a tinder box. Shoulder to shoulder we stood for 3 1/2 hours. Loved the band but this place is a little too run down for me.

4  Thank DLGal1

Been to The Masquerade? Share your experiences!