“Great concert venue, but not enough bathrooms”

Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood
Ranked #82 of 289 things to do in Atlanta
Tallahassee, FL
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great concert venue, but not enough bathrooms”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We saw Jason Aldean here on May 17th, 2014 and couldn't have asked for a better venue. The sound was great and the seats are distributed where even if your're in a 200 section you can still see very well. Buy the VIP Parking, if you don't you will be walking. There was alcohol served, but it was expensive ($11 for a 16oz beer). My biggest complaint was the lack of bathroom facilities. For any concert to have apporx 12,000 attendees, there should be ample bathrooms. We waited in line, while the concert was going on, for 30 minutes to use the women's restroom. To me, that's not acceptable for the size of this venue. It's the only reason I didn't give this venue 5 stars.

1 Thank Nolegurl

Atlanta, Georgia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Venue was Disappointing”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Went to see FL/GA line and Jason Aldean. Venue was not great. Parking was good and it was easy to get in and out of the venue. There were no where near enough bathrooms for women!!! Waited 35 minutes. Bathrooms are old and need to be redone and they need 2 or 3x as many rest rooms for women. Need security in ladies' room -- women were crashing the line and going in the men's bathroom. Beer concessions --- slow. Concert was great. No lights on the walkway when you exit the arena, which is really dangerous.

1 Thank NWS2012
Grovetown, GA
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Beautiful Arena. Terrible parking!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Wife and I went here to see Arcade Fire in May 2014. Beautiful venue. Great sound and lights and everything else. We were so happy that parking was free, but then we found out that we got what we paid for. We got in our car at 11:10 AND DID NOT MOVE AN INCH until 11:45. Why was there one entrance/exit point for what must have been 5,000 cars?

3 Thank Stephen H
Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Nice venue, but who designed the parking?”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I drove up to see Springsteen, got a hotel near the airport, and headed over with what I thought was time to spare. I accidentally left my phone at the hotel but had printed out mapquest directions, so I thought I was OK (the directions avoided the main highway exit for the amphitheater and I had seen that suggested in some reviews). I ended up in a residential neighborhood near the stadium with at least two other cars whose GPS had sent them there instead of the amphitheater. If you are searching for directions online, be sure you are not redirected to Lakewood Trail - even if your navigator tells you that's where the amphitheater is! It's on Lakewood AVENUE. Anyway, we finally figured it out and got there - entrance was easy - concessions ridiculous ($4.50 for a bottle of water), but everyone pleasant. We found our seats easily - the show was great, sound not bad. FORTUNATELY, because we had gotten there late, we were near the parking lot exit. The free parking is nice, but one exit? Really? Even though we were only a few rows from the exit it took half an hour to get out of the lot. Thank goodness we didn't get there early. Once we got out of the parking lot we were on the highway in about five more minutes and back to our hotel in ten. I would go there again, now that I know how to find it.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Barbara_in_FL
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Aaron's Amphitheater”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Got to see a great show by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. Seating was well labelled. Staff was helpful in directing us to our seats.

Visited April 2014