“Great show, rude staff”

Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood
Ranked #71 of 292 things to do in Atlanta
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The venue itself was very clean, the food was good, and the beer was extremely overpriced. There was a bathroom attendant who had a very efficient system going. However, after going in and coming back out (and being seen twice by the ticket checkers), my mother couldn't find her ticket in her bag. I had my ticket, but she was refused return entry. We understand they don't want people "sneaking" in, but the rude employee let another man WITHOUT his ticket in who was holding a beer. What saved us was my email printout confirming that I bought four (expensive) tickets. He unwillingly let us go. When she asked him why he let the other ticketless guy go, he rudely snapped at her. It's sad that a highly paying customer was discriminated against. She ended up finding her ticket in her seat.

1  Thank Jakolnik

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

This amphitheater is old and rundown. The drink prices are worse than any concert venue we've attended. There is one bathroom area and lines are a mile long. Some of the stalls are out of order and have no doors. Parking is a risk in and of itself unless you fork over the money for VIP parking inside the amphitheater gates. Otherwise you might park at a nearby gas station for $20....not kidding.

4  Thank tras99
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Have enjoyed all of the concerts I've seen down there but am fearful of the surrounding area. Not for the faint of heart. Wish more shows would play at Encore arena in Alpharetta!

2  Thank BayouBabeInGa
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went and saw Steve Miller Band along with Journey. The Amphitheatre is easy to get to and has free parking. Sat in the lawn seats and the few was great. Sound is excellent. Good selection of beer and drinks. You can also rent lawn chairs for $5 so that makes it easy, just leave them in the lawn when you are done. Will return for sure.

1  Thank KlinglerGA
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We saw Jason Aldean here on May 17th, 2014 and couldn't have asked for a better venue. The sound was great and the seats are distributed where even if your're in a 200 section you can still see very well. Buy the VIP Parking, if you don't you will be walking. There was alcohol served, but it was expensive ($11 for a 16oz beer). My biggest complaint was the lack of bathroom facilities. For any concert to have apporx 12,000 attendees, there should be ample bathrooms. We waited in line, while the concert was going on, for 30 minutes to use the women's restroom. To me, that's not acceptable for the size of this venue. It's the only reason I didn't give this venue 5 stars.

1  Thank Nolegurl