“Great neighborhood bar and eatery”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Blake's on the Park
Ranked #14 of 126 Nightlife in Atlanta
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great neighborhood bar and eatery”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The staff here are very friendly and yes the drinks are not strong, but they are not expensive and I always have fun here. Has a nice rear outside area too. Drag shows are fun, though they don't have a stage and you have to stand away from where they are moving about. Read the negative reviews and just seems to me these are people with personal gripes, or maybe just had a bit too much of the booze?

Visited August 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SAD, Tabatha please help!”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

this place is so disgusting, besides being a dump, service is awful , they water down drinks and the new management is only interested in taking the under age boys home. One of my friends actually got kicked out because he refused to hook up with him. Thankfully midtown has other options now!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank J p
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“rude”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

blakes on the park is a staple in the atlanta LGBT community. I have been going to this bar for a couple of years. IN fact I frequent this bar so often I moved to my current apartment in order to be able to walk to blakes and have even gotten to know some of the bartenders personally. Over the summer of 2012 blakes changed owners and management. They had employees that had been there for YEARS leave because the integrity of the bar had changed. I guess it takes a little longer for that to be felt by the costumers.

I have been "BAN FOR LIFE" from blakes simply because the NEW manager does not think that I should be able to hang out in this bar. He says I get drunk and I need to figure out my life and that maybe I have problems and that's why I am an alcoholic. Last time I checked, the Managers of bars are suppose to make sure the costumer is happy, not play doctor phil and treat me as though I have mental issues.

He has also told me point blank that he does not like me. And has said he does not feel like letting me come back in. LITERALLY. THAT WAS HIS REASON.

He also threatened to have me arrested if i ever step back on the property.

He has caused me much emotional distress and it could very well be said he is "bullying" me.

No one should be ban from a bar for life for any of the stated reasons. Obviously blakes does not value any of their coustmers loyalty at all. The manager is just trying to "flex his power". It doesnt matter that I use to be at blakes at least 2-3 times a week. He clearly doesnt value my money or my loyalty to his bar.

Visited January 2013
Miami, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Bar to hangout with friends but VERY smoky”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

A lot of fun in a group of friends but not for dancing. VERY, VERY smoky but then again so is every bar and club in Atlanta. Good prices on the drinks. Really bad drag shows and american idol type singing that needs Major improvement. BUT, in a group of friends u r gonna have a good time with very down-to-earth people. Bartenders are also Very nice.

Visited December 2011
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Time!”
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Blakes on the Park is always crowded for a reason!

Fun, sometimes too crowded and great location.

Visited January 2011