“It was cute and perfect.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlanta
Ponce de Leon Place
Ranked #8 of 22 Atlanta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed at this B&B despite having an opportunity to reserve a hotel reservation with others I was meeting in Atlanta. It was a lovely place to be. The room was more spacious than I had anticipated based on the pictures. It was ideally located close to access to the highways north and east west. I could see downtown and the surrounding houses were architectually beautiful. I enjoyed the peace of the neighborhood--to hear the birds chirping each morning was great. I was comfortable and enjoyed myself.

I was hoping for a more hands-on experience of being able to talk, learn the culture, and get advice on where to go. I wanted to make the most of Atlanta, but had to rely on paper maps and brochures. It's not awful, but this is why I did not give it five stars. I got a similar breakfast each morning. I felt disliked by the proprietor. I would still recommend this to others to stay as it is a perfect place for a B&B.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 November 2013

What a hidden gem in downtown Atlanta! We were only a few miles from the Atlanta Symphony and tons of great restraunts. The City Suite was very comfortable and Lana has provided you with anything you could need. The fridge had a few sodas and wine, as well as chocolates, snacks and toiletries. The room was quiet, cozy, and private. We had a 5 star breakfast on the porch. You can tell that Lana enjoys serving, hosting, and making things beautiful. I just got home and am already thinking of excuses to go back to Atlanta so we can stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed two nights at this lovely B&B and was welcomed with a fruit and cheese plate and a bottle of Calif. Chardonnay. The next morning I had an early morning meeting(7:45am) an hour's drive away. Instead of leaving out the basics of juice, cereal and coffee, the owner made a full breakfast, ready for me at 6:25am. That's never happened before. The next morning she made another full breakfast which I was able to enjoy at a more leisurely pace. The suite was veery comfortable!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Third stay at Ponce de Leon Place for our family. We have two adult sons now living in Virginia Highland and prefer to stay in the neighborhood. Lana's suites are unique from each other but each suite has exceptional personal touches and charming views of her elaborate and well-maintained rear gardens. Breakfasts are served in your suite at tables overlooking the gardens and her breakfasts are hearty and healthy. The grounds on this property are lovely and take the edge off the stress of traveling in a major city. There are generous touches throughout for guests like refreshments, in room coffee set ups and little refrigerators. Good wi-fi and TV(s) and comfortable beds. Thankful for her patience as we arrived late after loading up a moving truck and driving across three states! Lana has a warmth that permeates the property. It is no wonder that she has so many returning guests. If you want to experience Atlanta in one of its most authentic and charming 1930s bungalow neighborhoods, skip the convention hotels and book in Virginia Highland. You will find much easier access to roads that take you where you need to go from here and you will leave knowing a great deal more about life in Atlanta.

Room Tip: The suites are essentially equals in comfort. You can't miss.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank scottries
Reviewed 3 September 2013

i stayed the first time for the location and have returned for the comfort and great breakfast. Small B & B in terrific neighborhood, close to downtown and major attractions without being in the middle of the traffic and noise.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank skiinggoddess
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Everything was wonderful!! We had thought about getting a hotel, but sooo glad we decided on the B&B, it was outstanding, so cozy , warm and inviting and Lana is a sweetie!! We hope to return another time, this visit was our ten year anniversary and my husband is a country bot so I didn't know how he would take to it, but he actaully said he never knew he would like staying in Atlanta!!!

Room Tip: We were in the executive suite, great room!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amber p
Reviewed 5 May 2013

My husband and I wanted a comfortable place to stay for a long weekend, so we tried Lana's wonderful B&B and we were not disappointed. Unfortunately my husband was very sick the first day in town and we were not able to leave the room. Thank goodness the City Suite was so comfortable - the bed was great, the full kitchen came in very handy and the location was quiet in a beautiful historic neighborhood. Lana even brought my husband an ice pack for his headache. They accommodated my gluten-free needs with a good egg and bacon breakfast with a delicious fruit & yogurt salad each morning in our room at the breakfast bar. This B&B is so charming with a quirky little screened in porch where you can sit and enjoy breakfast if the weather is nice. It's very clean and conveniently located to downtown attractions. We were able to park in the driveway each day, which allows for two cars. If all the rooms are full you may have to park on the street, although this is not a big deal in this nice neighborhood. I would highly recommend this B&B and we will definitely be staying here on our next visit. Tip: If Lana is out and has help with breakfast, you will be expected to tip a few dollars for room service breakfast.

Room Tip: The City Suite is similar to a studio apt with a full kitchen. The other two rooms are much larger.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple