“Home Away From Home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlanta
Ponce de Leon Place
Ranked #7 of 21 Atlanta B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I, as well as my daughter's in-laws, stayed at the Ponce de Leon Place. Our grandson was in the Rising Star program at SCAD and we attended the art show on the final day of the program. Lana was a delight and immediately upon our arrival gave my husband a glass of wine which he enjoyed while sitting in a rocking chair on the porch listening to Chipper the parakeet chirp. The City Suite was perfect. It was furnished with everything we needed. The bed was comfortable, the room was cool, noise did not bother us, cold water, sodas and wine were close at hand and the room was full of Lana's lovely hand-picked objects of art. Also, Lana turned out to be a good chef and served us a fine breakfast every morning. The B&B was located in a lovely area of town and was convenient to the heart of Atlanta. Ponce de Leon Place will definitely be where we will hang our hat when we return to beautiful Atlanta.

Room Tip: The City Suite was perfect for two people.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WilMar2442

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

A girlfriend and I came down for the night to Atlanta to see a show at The Masquerade and this was the perfect place. It was our first B&B experience and it certainly won't be our last. Lana was absolutely wonderful and we felt completely comfortable in her place. Her breakfast was delicious! The B&B is in the wonderful Virginia Highlands Neighborhood that reminded me of the neighborhood where I live in Charlotte.
The Bed was comfortable and the room spacious. It had a wonderful fireplace and perfect screened in porch. Though it was late winter I could tell the garden must be beautiful in the spring. We will definitely be returning to Ponce de Leon Place in the future!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Westminster
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed at this B&B despite having an opportunity to reserve a hotel reservation with others I was meeting in Atlanta. It was a lovely place to be. The room was more spacious than I had anticipated based on the pictures. It was ideally located close to access to the highways north and east west. I could see downtown and the surrounding houses were architectually beautiful. I enjoyed the peace of the neighborhood--to hear the birds chirping each morning was great. I was comfortable and enjoyed myself.

I was hoping for a more hands-on experience of being able to talk, learn the culture, and get advice on where to go. I wanted to make the most of Atlanta, but had to rely on paper maps and brochures. It's not awful, but this is why I did not give it five stars. I got a similar breakfast each morning. I felt disliked by the proprietor. I would still recommend this to others to stay as it is a perfect place for a B&B.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
monticello
Reviewed 7 November 2013

What a hidden gem in downtown Atlanta! We were only a few miles from the Atlanta Symphony and tons of great restraunts. The City Suite was very comfortable and Lana has provided you with anything you could need. The fridge had a few sodas and wine, as well as chocolates, snacks and toiletries. The room was quiet, cozy, and private. We had a 5 star breakfast on the porch. You can tell that Lana enjoys serving, hosting, and making things beautiful. I just got home and am already thinking of excuses to go back to Atlanta so we can stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Camano Island, Washington
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed two nights at this lovely B&B and was welcomed with a fruit and cheese plate and a bottle of Calif. Chardonnay. The next morning I had an early morning meeting(7:45am) an hour's drive away. Instead of leaving out the basics of juice, cereal and coffee, the owner made a full breakfast, ready for me at 6:25am. That's never happened before. The next morning she made another full breakfast which I was able to enjoy at a more leisurely pace. The suite was veery comfortable!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Virginia
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Third stay at Ponce de Leon Place for our family. We have two adult sons now living in Virginia Highland and prefer to stay in the neighborhood. Lana's suites are unique from each other but each suite has exceptional personal touches and charming views of her elaborate and well-maintained rear gardens. Breakfasts are served in your suite at tables overlooking the gardens and her breakfasts are hearty and healthy. The grounds on this property are lovely and take the edge off the stress of traveling in a major city. There are generous touches throughout for guests like refreshments, in room coffee set ups and little refrigerators. Good wi-fi and TV(s) and comfortable beds. Thankful for her patience as we arrived late after loading up a moving truck and driving across three states! Lana has a warmth that permeates the property. It is no wonder that she has so many returning guests. If you want to experience Atlanta in one of its most authentic and charming 1930s bungalow neighborhoods, skip the convention hotels and book in Virginia Highland. You will find much easier access to roads that take you where you need to go from here and you will leave knowing a great deal more about life in Atlanta.

Room Tip: The suites are essentially equals in comfort. You can't miss.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank scottries
St. Paul MN
Reviewed 3 September 2013

i stayed the first time for the location and have returned for the comfort and great breakfast. Small B & B in terrific neighborhood, close to downtown and major attractions without being in the middle of the traffic and noise.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family