“Accomodating Staff - Does what it should for a great price!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Vinings

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Vinings
Ranked #126 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Smyrna, Georgia
“Accomodating Staff - Does what it should for a great price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I came in for weather issues to make sure I could get to work. I arrived at 3:30am and they charged me for only ONE day, to check out 11am, >24 hours the next day!! My total cost was $71+change! You have to like that!

The Hotel is located strategically at Cumberland and Paces Ferry Road, on high ground. The ground floor showed some wear and was not quite as immaculate as I would have liked but the floor above was fine. The room was very clean, and only showed a few carpet marks. It was comfortable, with a full kitchenette and free narrowband WiFi. Broadband WiFi can be added for a nominal fee, about $4 extra, as I remember? There was a fitness room on the ground floor.

I did not check out breakfast since it was set out (6am) and taken up (9am) very quickly. I suspect that it was likely a Continental Breakfast only.

I was pleased with my stay!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I love this extended stay hotel and the people who work here.they go above and beyond to make sure their guest experience is an unforgettable one..this is my home away from home..This hotel will always be my first choice I highly recommend it and would rate it a 5 star hotel.I love it , the convenience , the price and what's more important the people.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Vinings, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such awesome comments about us. I am proud of our team for providing an "unforgettable" experience. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
FAIRHOPE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

The staff, was perfect a wonderful and unexpected addition to our trip. The room, was very nice ,and comfortable. Perfect for any traveler, or occasion. Property was was very nice.in a great location. If you need anything ask.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Vinings, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about us and our location. I'm glad that your stay with us was "perfect".

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

We did one of the express deals on Priceline, and we were booked at this hotel. We've always enjoyed every hotel Priceline has booked for us, so we decided to give it a try despite some not so great reviews. Do not stay here! Immediately upon entering we noticed that the lobby was filthy and had a heavy odor. During check in, I was told that my confirmation hadn't come through their system, so I had to fill out a few things (no big deal); however, once we got to our room we realized they had given us a smoking room. The hall way smelled so much of smoke we could barely stand it. Our room had a faint smoke odor, so we went back to the front desk to get a new room. We were told that we could have a new room, but it would only have one bed (there were four of us in the room). We decided to tough it out and went back to the room. The carpet was stained, the room smelled, and the shower curtain in the bathroom was hanging off the wall. We were about to head to bed, when one of the guests I was with started checking the mattress. We found two bed bugs and spots of blood on the mattress. We immediately packed our stuff and went to ask for a refund. The lady at the front desk did not seem at all surprised about the bed bugs, but once she spoke with Priceline about issuing he refund she started to get an attitude with us when we asked a couple questions about the process. We will never stay here again, and we really hope people can learn from our experience! Say no to this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank stacyr514
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We got to our room a few after being greeted by the front desk worker who was pleasant. And when we talk in to our room and the floor is sticky, the counters have crumbs on them, the bed is BROKEN, AND THERE IS BLOOD ON THE SIDE OF THE COUCH AND ON THE CARPET. So gross! And to find this place... good luck! Its hidden beside the home Depot... for the money Its ok but be prepared to be GROSSED OUT!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Vedani1989
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

If your looking for a hotel that offers excellent service. I recommend your family and friends stay here. Nice rooms for the price and close to everything. To the manager Nesia, THANK YOU for going the extra mile. My first visit to Six Flags was so much better because of you. Tony, your customer service was EXCELLENT !!!

R. Fitzgerald
Virginia

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Vinings, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Robert - It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the management and staff. We are so glad that we could enhance your first visit to Six Flags!

Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

We are a family of 4 with two children under the age of 8. We had 3 activities planned for our long weekend trip to Atlanta: Baseball game, Six Flags and a day of swimming in the pool (after all, it is July in the south). After we did the first two activities, we then headed down to the pool for our last day in Atlanta, only to find an "Out of Order" sign posted on the pool gate (there was no mention of this on their website!). The room was dirty...EXTREMELY sticky floors and dried food in the kitchenette. When I read reviews, I disregarded the reviewers who talked about the sticky floors and the thin walls because I thought they were probably over exaggerating...they were sugar coating. Literally, my shoes stuck to the floors and could not walk around without shoes. Don't expect to sleep. At 1 am expect to stare at the ceiling listening to every noise throughout the hotel...and don't think that your noisemaker will help (we had ours on full volume and nothing could drown out the banging noise from above, the pounding noise from the side and the yelling from below). We live in central time zone, so Atlanta is an hour ahead of what we are used to. We were totally disappointed to walk to the lounge (with very little sleep) at 9:30 Atlanta time to find an empty breakfast bar (we actually just wanted a cup of coffee)! No coffee is offered a minute past 9:30. We are not the type to stay in fancy, overpriced hotels, just clean and simple with the chance of coffee. We will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel! The area was nice and their were other hotels...try one of those.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sarah M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Vinings, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Sarah - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The situation you described regarding the level of cleanliness in your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience and are working to improve our cleaning procedures. As well, I apologize that our pool was out of order during your stay. This message was supposed to be communicated to you at check-in, so I am working with the staff to ensure it is conveyed to all of our guests moving forward.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at carrington@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Clairmont
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall
No photo provided
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy
Hotel Indigo Atlanta – Vinings
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta-Paces Ferry/Vinings

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Vinings? Share your experiences!