My fiance and I booked this hotel for a brief get-away after the holidays. The first thing that drew us to Twelve Centennial Park was its spacious rooms, views of downtown and contemporary feel. We were not disappointed. Our room was a deluxe king on the 16th floor, which I believe was the top floor of the hotel. The apartment-style space was beautiful and very clean. We loved the floor-to-ceiling windows and large patio that overlooked the city. The bathroom was quite large with a separate shower and tub. Plenty of storage is available with a large closet and chest of drawers. Our only complaint about the room was the scratchy bed linens. But all-in-all the hotel, itself, was absolutely wonderful.
Sadly, its staff members weren't as impressive. Upon check-in I was told my reservation could not be found. After explaining that I had booked through an online travel site, the front desk clerk scowled and requested the help of another employee, who was handed my driver's license and credit card. After several swipes of my card with no explanation as to what was going on, I had to confirm that I had already paid my room in full. I got a brief, annoyed nod. More silence followed and then finally I was given our room cards and told where the elevators were located. No one was truly rude, but it was a little unnerving to watch my credit card being swiped over and over again with no explanation. The valets were also unfriendly and not at all knowledgeable of the area. A question about the location of a local restaurant that turned out to be a three or four blocks down the road drew a blank stare.
I will likely stay at Twelve again, but will probably try its other location in Atlantic Station in hopes of a more friendly atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This upscale hotel is 0.5 miles from The World of Coca-Cola and across the street from a rapid-transit stop. ... The stylish 1- and 2-bedroom suites feature free WiFi, flat-screen TVs in the living and sleeping areas, DVDs and a console for accessing hotel services such as dinner reservations or valet parking. All rooms have laptop safes and desks with ergonomic chairs as well as full kitchens with stainless steel appliances. The fine-dining American restaurant has an outdoor terrace. There's a rooftop pool deck and a fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Twelve Centennial Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 12 Centennial Park
- Twelve Centennial Park Atlanta
- Twelve Centennial Park Hotel Atlanta