“Happy ... for the most part”

Twelve Centennial Park
Ranked #85 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Happy ... for the most part”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My fiance and I booked this hotel for a brief get-away after the holidays. The first thing that drew us to Twelve Centennial Park was its spacious rooms, views of downtown and contemporary feel. We were not disappointed. Our room was a deluxe king on the 16th floor, which I believe was the top floor of the hotel. The apartment-style space was beautiful and very clean. We loved the floor-to-ceiling windows and large patio that overlooked the city. The bathroom was quite large with a separate shower and tub. Plenty of storage is available with a large closet and chest of drawers. Our only complaint about the room was the scratchy bed linens. But all-in-all the hotel, itself, was absolutely wonderful.

Sadly, its staff members weren't as impressive. Upon check-in I was told my reservation could not be found. After explaining that I had booked through an online travel site, the front desk clerk scowled and requested the help of another employee, who was handed my driver's license and credit card. After several swipes of my card with no explanation as to what was going on, I had to confirm that I had already paid my room in full. I got a brief, annoyed nod. More silence followed and then finally I was given our room cards and told where the elevators were located. No one was truly rude, but it was a little unnerving to watch my credit card being swiped over and over again with no explanation. The valets were also unfriendly and not at all knowledgeable of the area. A question about the location of a local restaurant that turned out to be a three or four blocks down the road drew a blank stare.

I will likely stay at Twelve again, but will probably try its other location in Atlantic Station in hopes of a more friendly atmosphere.

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room for better views.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stacey W
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Dear tropical_wonder,

Thank you for writing a review on your stay at TWELVE Centennial Park.
I was glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel, however I was dissapointed to read that the service was not as friendly or helpful as it should have been. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team for that. I will share your comments with the front desk and valet team and we will work on doing a better and more consistent job in this area of our team service. Please contact me when you are going to stay again as I would like to welcome you personally oif that is possible.

John Reilly -- jreilly@twelvehotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My husband and I attended a sorority event that was held in this hotel in November, 2011. As we acquired the room at the last minute, we were not expecting much. The room had a COMPLETE kitchen and the bathroom included a tub that even my hubby could use (he is over 6 feet tall). The bed was SUPER comfy (we fell asleep instantly). The sitting area was excellent as well, as it comfortably accommodated a couple of visitors we had that evening. I was surprised to see how QUIET the suite was, as the hotel was PACKED with my sorority sisters and their guests. We felt like we were the only ones there! The modern decor and the view of the ATL skyline was so ROMANTIC!! :-)

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the skyline! Also, parking can be a little challenging if there is an eve...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Naima1922
Dear Naima1922,

Delighted to read that you had a great stay with us at TWELVE Centennial Park and that your expectations were exceeded. Our hotel is a great spot for couples who want to relax or take an in-town break. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 December 2011

This has a HUGE full kitchen with dishwasher and full sized fridge. A sleeper sofa and two tvs plus internet. We got a great rate and were close to everything. Super clean and well maintained. We went as a couple but will return with our children to do the aquarium. It was 10mn from great shopping and a block from Chicken and waffles!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AugustaGATravler
Dear AugustaGATravler,

Glad to read that you enjoyed your visit to TWELVE. Our suites are ideal for the family so please do bring the kids on your next visit. We are an Georgia Aquarium partner so look at our website and book one of our Aquarium packages--Thay are a great value for families.

sincerely,,

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Only stayed one night, which was too short! Had a huge apartment, kitchen, dining table, lounge, king sized bed and large bathroom. Since we got there late we ordered room service. Very nice. Had a great view with small balcony.

Wish we'd stayed more than one night.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shazmoc
Dear Shazmoc,

Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at TWELVE. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon and possible for a longer visit.

regards,

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Edgy design, spotless, perfectly located, great service, great price. What else could I ask for in an Atlanta hotel??

I attended a small conference at the Twelve Centennial Park, and thought I’d save a few dollars on room rate by staying at the Hyatt Place a long block away. I was disappointed in that hotel (check my review), and after seeing the hotel where my colleagues were staying, I moved there for the remainder of the conference. Perfect call.

The Twelve is edgy in design, but not cold and impersonal like some other hotels. The rooms are two-room suites with large full kitchens, comfortable seating areas, two TVs with HD channels, a workdesk with computer included, and well-appointed bedrooms and bathrooms. There are great balconies that give super views of Atlanta’s skyline.

Twelve is located adjacent to the Civic Center MARTA stop, making it a 20-25 minute ride from the airport and then a two-minute walk to the hotel. There’s a friendly bar in the lobby where you can actually talk to your colleagues, and a restaurant, too. Service and food are great in both. This hotel still delivers daily USA Today newspapers to your room, but curiously, there was no express check-out receipt. I had to ask at the front desk on my way out. Turns out they e-mail it to you, but no one told me that at check-in.

I was concerned about staying at an “off-brand” hotel for the conference, but the Twelve is now my “on-brand” for future visits to Atlanta.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank Louis59
Dear Louis 59,

Thank you for posting a review on your stay at TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the stay and found our hotel to be both comfortable and convenient. I look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

John Reilly-GM
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2011

The room was absolutely enormous and very well appointed and looked after. I'm not sure what happened to those who have written poor reviews but I can only assume that they were unlucky, as the service was exemplary while I stayed there.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank Johnnythirkell
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 26 November 2011
Dear johnnythirkell,

Thank you for writing a great review on your visit to TWELVE Centennial Park. Glad to read that the service was "exemplary". I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Columbus, Mississippi
Reviewed 25 November 2011

My family and I were initially impressed the pictures on the internet and the good reviews. One the positive side, the full side kitchen is nice with granite counters. The room was clean and modern. On the negative side, our room was tiny especially for a small family. We heard traffic noise was a downside so we called the hotel in advance and asked for a room on the non-traffic side facing toward the pool. The hotel assistant told us this would be no problem, just call early the morning of. We did. When we arrived, we found not only that we were on the traffic side, but that we were booked in the smallest room without a tub. The pictures on the internet show rooms with a tub and most rooms have them (except ours). We have small kids and a tub is essential for bathing them. We had also asked for a crib, but the room was so tiny that the crib completely blocks on side of the bed and the closet. As far as a view, we don't have one. We stare directly an office building. Traffic noise kept us awake all night and the kids awake early. We asked more than once to switch rooms and were told "sorry, not possible." A bare minimum of items are stocked in the rooms, so you have to ask for everything, extra towels, extra silverware, utensils, sheets for the sofa bed, can opener, etc. Staff is friendly, but often don't know how to get to yes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool side as high up as possible. Ensure you are not in a corner room which i...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Robert P
Dear Robert P,

Thank you for writing a review on TWELVE Centennial Park. I am dissapointed that we missed the opportunity to give you a great experience during your visit. As a parent to a young child I know the importance of bath time so I am just so very sorry that we did not accommodate your request for a bath-tub. When guests take the time to call ahead with specific requests we are usually able to accommodate their needs. I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you personally about your stay and ask that you contact me at the hotel when you have time.