“Our go to place for a "Staycation."”

Twelve Centennial Park
Ranked #88 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My husband and I live in the Atlanta area and this is our favorite place to go for a Staycation. From the friendly valet, to the accommodating front desk staff, beautiful rooms, delicious room service, proximity to local attractions, we couldn't ask for anything more. Thank you Twelve for a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank miss-minnesota3

Reviewed 13 March 2012

This was my third time staying at this hotel and once again they did not disappoint. From the valet to the front desk they provided excellent customer service. You may get more value out of your stay if you are staying here for period of time or if you have a two bedroom and are staying with family. They have lots of extra amenities such as granite counter tops, fridge and appliances and at the end of the day you are paying for all of these amenities. So if you are only here for a simply overnight stay you may question the value. Again a nice hotel that is convenient to all of the local attractions - world of coke , GA aquarium, CNN Center.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ponder72
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear ponder72,

Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay at TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel. I will share your great feedback on the service that you received with the hotel team. I am glad that you appreciate the amenities and we do our very best to offer our guests a great value with the feel of a warm upscale home away from home. I look forward to welcoming you back on a fourth occassion in the future.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

This hotel was better than I expected. There were granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances (fridge, microwave, stove, and dishwasher). The GHOST system was awesome and the service was quick. This felt like a nice clean home away from home. The bathroom, included a seperate whirlpool tub and walkin shower. Our room overlooked the pool and the city! I will definitely return! This is the best place to stay in ATL. Plenty of restaurants in walking distance. The ROOM, which is the hotels restaurant, is really good...overpriced but very good and convienant! I will stay here over any hotel in the ATL area. I felt very safe, you had to use your room key to use the elevators! I LOVE the TWELVE!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank LLove248
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear LLove248,

Thank you for the great review and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at TWELVE. Look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

This hotel has the most beautiful room I have ever stayed in. The room was clean and comfortable. The security of the elevator was nice; you had to have a room key to use it. Upon check in, we were provided with a coupon for a free glass of wine from the bar. The hotel does have a restaurant which was okay, but I only ate there once. Some fast food restaurants on the block, but nothing really great. The metro is just dowSn the street. Wi-Fi was free and a computer was available in the room.

Room Tip: My trip was actually in August of 2010.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank emrald5769
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We spent one night at Twelve Centennial at the end of January 2012. Overall, it was a wonderful experience. We pulled in to the garage and our car was parked for us to retrieve our luggage then was moved to longterm parking. We went to the front desk as were greeted by everyone behind the desk. After this point we were remembered by name each time we passed the front desk. We were very impressed. We made very few requests but each was met immediately. The service was some of the best I've seen.

Our room was on the 11th floor. We could see the dome to our left and I-75 and the Varsity to our right. We overlooked the pool area. We chose this hotel for the balcony and were not disappointed. We moved our bar stools out to the balcony and were able to spend the evening watching Atlanta pass us by! The room is larger than an average hotel room. It had a full kitchen that we did not use, a small livingroom area, a nice size bathroom, and a bedroom divided from the living area by a 3/4 wall. The unfinished ceiling and wall did not appeal to me but, I guess, did give a loft feel to the room. The cleanliness of the room was perfect.

The bathtub was designed with a backrest for long soaks. The shower was seperate and was very large. Again, this area was extremely clean. A couple of our bath towels were in need of replacement and one actually had a hole in it. Given the rest of the experience, I just expected thicker towels.

The website lists: Sealy Posturepedic beds with lush bedding. I did pull up the sheets the next morning to see if the bed really was as listed. The tag did say, "Sealy" so perhaps I don't care for Sealy, the mattress was old, or it was bottom-line for Sealy. Although the sheets, and covers were nice, we didn't have a great sleep on this mattress.

We did not make any requests through the in-room computer but did look through the system to see what was offered. I did like the suggestions for places to visit for those who do not know Atlanta. The aquarium was listed in several places.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay at Twelve Centennial and will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christytra
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Christytra,

Thank you for reviewing TWELVE Hotel Centennial Park.
I will be sure to share your review with the team. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to downtown Atlanta.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Twelve in January 2012. I booked through a service that provides rooms for the Atlanta Gift Show and I had never heard of this hotel. Did not know what to expect at all. We were very pleased with the room and the TVS and the wonderful computer service. It was great to order room service on the computer, and be able to make special requests. Arrival of the food was timely, too and it was very good. The bed was pretty comfy, pillows very nice and the bathroom with tub and separate shower was great.

Now the tweaks. When we first arrived and I saw you could make requests on the computer, I requested extra towels. They did not arrive. I had to ask again the next day. Also, in the full kitchen I understand why they cannot put pots,pans, various utensils etc, in every room.
But I do think a manual can opener should be standard. I requested a can opener at the front desk, and was told to ask housekeeping. I asked housekeeping and was told to ask the restaurant. I asked the restaurant and was told they didn't have one! Hmmm. Also the coffee maker had no filters , had to ask for more of those. They should also leave instructions about whether or not they want you to run the dishwasher when you leave, and give you something to wash the dishes with.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much, but the staff could put just a little more effort into customer service.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank webbear372
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Dear webbear372,

Thank you writing a review of recent your stay at TWELVE Centennial Park. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay overall and found our suites to be comfortable. I was however dissapointed to read about your difficulty in obtaining a can opener. This should have been delivered from housekeeping. I will share your comments with our housekeeping manager.
We chose to stock the suites with glass, plate and flatware but not cookware items as we have found the usage is not high. These items can be requested without charge as our guests need them. The in-room coffee makers do not require filters. (if you can remember your room number please send it so that I can check the room to ensure that it is set up correctly). I appreciate the feedback and we will work on the required tweaks that you have highlighted.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com

Reviewed 7 January 2012

I received excellent customer service before I even arrived in Atlanta. On 1/4/2012 Front Desk servicemen Alexander contacted me after I called to inquire about my reservation. He reassured me that all was well and gave me important information about the hotel (parking, restaurant, etc.). Upon my arrival on 1/6/2012 I was personally greeted by Alexander as he not only remembered my name, he extended his hand to me as a welcoming gesture. His pleasant attitude and professionalism set the tone for my entire stay. The room was gorgeous, clean and the views from the balcony were spectacular. From the room I sent out emails recommending your hotel to my colleagues, family and friends who frequently travel to Atlanta. Keep up the good work guys and please acknowledge Alexander as he adds a great deal of value to your organization, Oops, it would be remiss of me not to mention that the blackberry cobbler was to die for...lol.

Room Tip: Great service, sleep, location, food and views
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends