“Spacious and nice”

Ranked #85 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
New York City, New York
“Spacious and nice”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed here recently when on a business trip. The rooms are huge! Far bigger and nicer than my NYC apartment. There is a full kitchen, large bathroom with both a shower and spa tub. The bed was comfortable, and the hotel was easy to get to via public transportation from the airport. It also seemed to be close to everything. The service seemed good and the facilities and rooms were very clean. I would highly recommend this place to anybody else staying in the city.

1 Thank CityPrep
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Dear CityPrep,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit to TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the spacious suites and the amenities that they offer. We appreciate your personal recommendation and hope to see you on a future visit to Atlanta.

John Reilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Twelve for a weekend that we were doing an engagement photo shoot. We had tons of equipment and really early mornings. The hotel staff was nice. The room was very nice. There was a small (full) kitchen, plush sleeping area and balcony with an awesome view.

The valet service was not good. I'm not sure why they kept having problems, but this was one part of the trip that we did not enjoy. The guys were pleasant, but their process was not very efficient - we had excessive wait times every time we called for the car.

The bar downstairs was a nice hotel bar and the wait people were entertaining. We would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel seemed to be a hot spot for people into Atlanta nightlife. The lobby was a little noisy at...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Toby M
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Phototraveler_TJ,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent visit to TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel. I hope the photo shoot went well. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the awesome view, friendly staff and nice accommodations. I am sorry that we missed the opportunity to give you a better experience with our valet service. I am not sure why the service was slow at this point, however, your comments are noted and I will follow up with the team to ensure we make every effort to provide a consistently high level of service to our guests. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future trip to downtown Atlanta.

Zürich
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Absolutely adored this hotel, the room was bigger than most apartments with a lovely huge bathroom!
The bar staff were extremely friendly and there is a very welcoming ambience when you are sat at the bar, alot of hotel bars and quite sterile, this one not!
The restaurant is superb, we had dinner and I had fish with mussels which were incredibly fresh.
Breakfast was also delicious!
Front Desk and valets were also very courteous friendly and helpful
Fitness suite was great too
Location is also superb for the Olympic Park and Coca-cola museum.
Very happy memories of this hotel, thanks for that!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GNeuman
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear GNeuman,

Thank you for posting a great review about your recent stay at the hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the spaciousness of the suite, the bar and the food on offer. I will also pass on your comments to our friendly and courteous front desk and valets. The location of our hotel is an ideal base point from where you can conveniently explore all of downtown Atlanta's attractions. It is nice to know that TWELVE will be part of some great memories for you.

Washington, DC
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Whenever I go to Atlanta, I always stay here. Instead of a mere hotel room, it's a fabulous luxurious apartment with a balcony. Beautiful, modern, sparkling clean. Comfy bed. Staff is friendly, courteous, & prompt with service. Food is very good at their "Room" restaurant.

Room Tip: Personally I always prefer being close to the elevator which makes taking my bags in & out easie...
1 Thank BarbieJ62
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear BarbieJ62,

Thank you for posting a wonderful review on your recent experience at TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel. I love the tag line of "Best Place to Stay in Atlanta". I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and I will share your great comments about the service that you received with the hotel team. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

John
Temecula, California
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The upscale mid-town Atlanta Twelve Hotel leaves nothing to be desired. The trendy layout of the rooms is on par with a mix of industrial loft style architecture and home-like comforts. While the hotel is trendy, functionality of elevator is questionable at best. With only two elevators servicing the hotel, it makes for long waits. After entering the elevator you MUST use your key card delineated by floor....this means that if you have three people in the elevator with three different floors assigned, each person must insert their card to reach their floor. While I understand the security behind the function, if your card is not read, then you will end up in an elevator quandary for several long minutes...

Dear c7g9hawaii,

Thanks for posting a review on your recent visit to TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your suite and found the accommodations trendy. My apologies about your overall experience with the elevators. Normally this is not an issue but I will certainly check with our engineering team to find out if they have received any feedback on the elevators. I certainly understand your comments on the key access but I think overall guests prefer the idea of the added security. I will certainly give this some thought and enquire if there is an alternative process that we can use--(not sure). We would like the process to both convenient and maintain the security of floor access. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you on a future occassion.

Philadelphia
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I switched my hotel reservations for a 3 days ATL business trip from the W Downtown to Twelve Centennial Park after reading the glowing TA reviews. While I was generally satisfied, I would characterize my stay here as a series of sharp contrasts. As an initial matter, the size and layout of the room was great. I was here for work and the room was absolutely conducive to work. A true suite with plenty of room to spread out and get productive. The free WIFI was nice although the signal was pretty weak in my 16th floor room. While the suite was well appointed, query whether you need a full kitchen during your stay. And even if you did, there are no grocery stores or even a drug store nearby so I'm not sure what you'd be doing in the kitchen unless you showed up prepared. I was generally satisfied with the room and the bathroom although I would not put either in the category of luxury. No Ipod dock and standar clock radio. The "Ghost" computer feature was neat for ordering room service and surfing the web but you could not check out on it. The balcony was nice and had a good city view (but why no chairs on the bacony?) but you definitely hear noise from the highways inside the room. No morning coffee in the lobby and only powdered non-dairy creamer supplied for the in-room coffee. I visited the gym all 3 days of my stay and the equipment was top-notch. The pool was nice but the water was frigid (either not heated or heat turned off) which was a shame on a 90 degree day. No amenities at the pool like towels or food/drink service. When I asked to extend my checkout by 1 hour, the initial response from the night clerk was that he did not have authority to extend my stay (this after asking me why I needed to extend the stay, which was for a work call). Later that same morning, the front desk attendant cheerfully said I could keep my room until 1:00. Housekeeping was also lax--I had my "do not disturb" indicator on my first full day until 2:00 when I went to a meeting out of the hotel, after which I requested maid service from the front desk. When I returned to my room later that night, I was disappointed to learn the service was never provided. In summary, the "bones" of this hotel are there but for this to really be a Top 20 ATL hotel, it needs some "finishing" in terms of both amenities and service.

Room Tip: I'd probably stay away from the highway side if you are a light sleeper.
3 Thank mickshrimpton
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear mickshrimpton,

Thanks for the review. Your comments are noted and there are certainly some areas that I beleive we can work on quickly to improve consistency in some areas of our operation. The kitchen areas while not used by the majority of our guests are a feature that a number of our business clients and a great deal of our leisure guests use and value. They are a great amenity for the family traveller. (If you are returning to Atlanta, we do have a CVS about 4 blocks away and two publix supermarkets within a five minute drive.) I would also be happy to leave some half and half or fresh milk in the suite refrigerator for your coffee. We open our pool deck Tiki Bar for the summer starting this weekend thru early October on weekends. I will share your feedback with housekeeping on the servicing of your. It is dissapointing that we missed your request and for that I sincerely apologize. If you are returning to Atlanta please do let me know.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com
Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Great location! Close to great activities...Ga Aquarium, World of Coke, etc.The staff was very professional. Valet parking was convenient. Room had a few flaws. The comforter was worn on the master bed. The pull out sofa bed was used and abused!! NO WAY could anyone ever get a good night's sleep on that atrocity!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ttkdkk
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear ttkdkk,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent Atlanta downtown staycation. Thank you for the great comments on our staff and the convenience of the location. I am sorry to read your comments about the sleeper sofa. I will speak with our housekeeping manager about this and ask her to have the mattress changed out.