“Not very clean.”

Twelve Centennial Park
Ranked #95 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 25 May 2008

I had high hopes for this hotel since apparently it's fairly new. The location is right downtown within walking distance to a few restaurants. The decor is unique with the exposed concrete walls and ceilings and modern furtinure. But it wasn't very clean. There were stains on the sofa and chair. We used the sleeper sofa and when we pulled it out, there were crumbs, cheerios and even a child's toy where it obviously hadn't been cleaned. There was orange mold in between the tiles in the shower and the bathroom floor felt dirty. The air conditioner didn't work well either. We had it on the lowest possible setting and the temperature never got below 70. I'm sure they have it preset. All in all, I won't stay here again. Also, be prepared to pay $22 a night to park. And it's valet only.

• Stayed: May 2008

Reviewed 15 March 2008

I went to a conference in Atlanta the first week of March. The day I was to come home- Ohio had a blizzard. We were trapped in Atlanta, and even though we had checked out, the hotel got us a new room and they were very accomadating.

The suites are very nice and very clean. I loved having a full kitchen. The bathrooms are huge and I loved the shampoo they provided (it's a small thing, but really nice.)

The big treat was a computer and internet access in our room. We checked e-mail, played games and figured out the MARTA all for free. It was wonderful. All room service, etc. is on the computer, which we loved.

I was suprised the suites are priced about the same as other rooms in the area. I would have expected them to be more expensive. The restaurant was good. Al la carte, so a little expensive, but tasted great. Try the sweet potato puree (wow).

Only thing we found difficult was the front desk personnel seemed to know very little about the area. We couldn't get names of close restaurants, etc. I don't know if this is to make you eat at the hotel, but it was difficult. We never really got our "bearings" in the area so we had trouble finding things.

The hotel is a sponsor at the Aquarium, so we got reasonably priced tickets for "anytime" admission, which was great for the two days we were stuck. It's also right next to a MARTA station, so you can take the train to the mall at Buckhead.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank reichspot
Reviewed 13 March 2008

My husband, son and I stayed at the Twelve for three nights, and for the value (one-bedroom suite was $189 per night), it was a great deal. The room felt new with modern finishes and it had a very sizable kitchen. It felt like a boutique-like hotel without the usual drawbacks of a boutique hotel (loud clubs/restaurants, loud rooms, indifferent staff). It has a pretty central location downtown and is across the street from a subway station. We only visited the restaurant Room once for breakfast and while the food was not stellar, it was perfectly fine. Overall, our experience was very positive, and we will certainly stay there again the next time we travel to Atlanta.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 11 March 2008

Stayed 5 nights during a trade show at the World Congress Center. Just to far to walk, but the Hotel was SO NICE that it made the cab ride worth it.

With long trade show hours and the stress of working them, it was so cool to come back to this hotel, when you walk through the door to your room you really feel like home. Except it is nicer, and you don't have to do the dishes!

Big referigerator with crushed ice in the door, when working a long show, a refigerator is a must, we stock up on OJ, Milk, snacks, a few beers, whatever, you have plenty of room. After working all day, most of the time I really do not want to hang out in a bar, so a couple of cold beers in my room going over the days work is the best.

Awsome shower, The best beds I have been on in any Hotel, service was the best, no matter what we needed.

Marta train stop right across the street!

Stay here, you won't be dissapointed.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 19 February 2008

Found this Hotel on line. Very impressed when we arrived only to find out there are 2 locations in Atlanta. We were not advised prior to arrival. The second location was the correct place and equally impressive however we were about 45 minutes delayed because of the confusion. The hotel also charges a $75 per day per adult for security and or deposit. This we were not advised of also. My credit card was over charged almost twice as much as the total room charge for that weekend. For Ex. The total charges were $607 not including valet, taxes and other usual fees. My credit card was charges $1374.00. Three days later I am still waiting for a credit. The manager as an afterthought agreed to provide us with a breakfast on them. It was very good.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank cheersportmom
Reviewed 14 February 2008

We stayed at Twelve for a long weekend. We didn't want the hassle or expense of getting or parking a car, so I chose this hotel because of it's proximity to CNN and the Aquarium. Both are within walking distance to Twelve (CNN was 0.7 miles and the Aquarium was about a half mile) . As someone else mentioned, one of the streets to the Aquarium is quite steep, but we found that going over a block and using Ivan Allen Blvd. wasn't nearly as steep. The MARTA is right across the street from the hotel, but with both CNN and the aquarium so close it didn't make sense for us to use it.

A downside to the location is the fact that it's downtown. There wasn't a lot of foot traffic which surprised me. I didn't have a lot of time to research before I made the arrangements for this trip, so didn't find out until later how the sidewalks roll up after business hours in downtown Atlanta. We were able to find a couple restaurants within walking distance, but there wasn't a lot of action on the street. In fact, when we walked to the Aquarium on Saturday morning, we seemed to be the only ones ON the street.

Twelve is a beautiful hotel. We had a deluxe one bedroom and our friend had a regular one bedroom. Both rooms were very, very nice with floor to ceiling windows for a great view of the city. The bed was comfortable and the linens soft. We didn't use the kitchen except to make coffee in the mornings, but it was nice to know we had a fridge available for drinks and doggie bags. The televisions in the living room and bedroom are awesome and perfect for watching the season debut of "Lost"! The bathroom was large and clean.... walk in shower as well as a separate whirlpool tub.

I was impressed with the security measures taken at Twelve. The room key is required in the elevator to get to your floor. The room key allows you to go to ONLY your floor.

We had dinner at Room on our first night there. The food was good. We also ate there for breakfast on Sunday morning before we left. (We weren't able to go to the brunch because we had to leave before it started.) Breakfast was ok, but nothing to write home about. It was convenient.

All in all, it was a wonderful stay. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank KarenSMichigan
Reviewed 30 December 2007

My husband and 3 kiddies (1, 3, 5yo) stayed here Dec 27-30. My sister lives in Atlanta but I thought we would stay here for convenience since we wanted to visit the Aquarium. The Aquarium was wonderful but very, very crowded (we were there at 10am), lots of stuff for kids but overly crowded and difficult to keep track of the kids. Parking at the aquarium is $10 - if you want to walk a couple of blocks you can find it for $5. Either way, expect a walk outside since the aquarium parking lot is poorly designed and there is NO WALKWAY from CARPARK TO FRONT DOOR. You can walk to the Aquarium from Twelve but need to go up and down a steep hill along a busy street with construction.

The Twelve Hotel was very nice. Room was good size with chic design, hardwood floors, leather clad desk, granite top dining table, 2 large screen TVs, comfortable beds, large washroom (NO BATH TUB). Best of all, customer service was outstanding. Check in was easy, our room was ready with a REAL CRIB. Although it has a full kitchen, you need to RENT THE POTS AND PANS for $35/day. No laundry facility but they were nice enough to add our clothes to their usual laundry load since the hotel wasn't busy. We had breakfast in their restaurant "Room". The food is okay, over seasoned, prices on the high side ($12 breakfast entree, $2 croissant). Again, customer service was outstanding, friendly, responsive.

Workout room is very nice with open space, new equipment, individual monitors, separate space for yoga/pilates. Outdoor swimming pool looked nice but too cold outside to use.

No need for taxi from airport. Twelve is located right next to the subway at Civic Station. Kids free, adults $1.75. You can buy tickets from a machine at entrance. You will see the hotel when you get off the station. We easily took the subway to Atlantic Station and Lenox Square. The subway is very accessible via double-stroller. I was very impressed by how easy it was.

Another place to visit with kids is the Children's Museum of Atlanta. It's not really a museum. It's a very large playground with a million things to do like painting a wall, playing with moon sand, toddlers/babies area, water toys, etc. Lots of fun.

Centennial Park was also fun for the kids. Large playground, large running spaces.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family