“Very nice contemporary style hotel and close to key”

Twelve Centennial Park
Ranked #97 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, very nice hotel and meeting rooms. Very nice fitness center.

Service was very positive throughout the facility with the exception of the lobby bar in the evening. Not sure there was enough staff planned for the large capacity of the hotel

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Bchtravlr,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel accommodations and facilities. I note your comments on staffing levels at the bar one evening and with share this with our Food and Beverage manager. I am pleased to read that you found our service overall to have been very positive. We appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back on a future visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We decided on the spur of the moment to take the family to the Georgia Aquarium after Thanksgiving. We came across a package deal which included a one night stay at this great hotel in the city. We choose this location due to the many positive reviews of the hotel and staff, verses the Atlantic Station location.

From the moment we valet our vehicle, and checked in at the desk we could feel a since of pride when addressing guest. Soon we found ourselves in our room on the eleventh floor. Our room was a modern and spacious deluxe, one bedroom suite. Full kitchen, living room and separate bedroom. The room is very impressive, and served our family well.

The style of the room was ultra modern with exposed concrete ceilings. This actually later became an issue with trying to manage heat. Atlanta had been experiencing a cold stretch of weather to the tune of 30-40's at night.

Upon entering the room the temperature was 68 degrees, so adjusted the thermostat to 75. Unfortunately the room temperature did not rise much over the next hour. We decided to go out for dinner and let the room warm. We returned 3 hours later and the room only gained 1 degree!

We attributed the slow rise in temperature to all the exposed cement. Being late evening we chose not to speak with the front desk and prepared for bed.

Aside from the cool temperature, the only other issue was the gap in the curtain that allowed the bright city lights to illuminate the bedroom, particularly the section of bed I slept.

Now, in retrospect we should have alerted the front desk...perhaps something could been done.

Overall, this is a great hotel with terrific staff!

More about the room. The room is very picturesque modern apartment style, spacious and comfortable. A desktop PC is provided with internet connectivity, and also linked to hotel GHOST system which allows access to point and click hotel services.

We will definitely be returning for future stays inside the city! Great value!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear P0nomo,

Thank you for posting a super review of your recent stay at TWELVE Centennial Park. I am delighted that you enjoyed the space and modern feel of our suites which are ideal for family travel. My apologies about the temperature not adjusting in your suite--I will have that checked. The aqaurium is a great attraction so I am sure that you all enjoyed your visit there. I will share your review with the team who I know will be appreciative of your positive comments. I hope that you had a great thanksgiving and perhaps we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occassion.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I surprised my husband with this trip to Atlanta for his birthday. I couldn't have been more pleased with my hotel choice! Huge rooms with full size kitchen, lots of storage space, spotless, separate shower, floor to ceiling windows, balcony, excellent and fast room service, fabulous food in their restaurant-"ROOM", able to give us an early check-in, acknowledged my husband's birthday, a variety of seating in the room, comfortable bed, free Wi-Fi, discounted tickets available at front desk for World of Coca-Cola and Aquarium, good location overall, CVS selling groceries 3-4 blocks away. Special shout out to Sven at the front desk for his patience, kindness, consideration and friendliness! We would definitely return.

If I want to be picky.....The 'GHOST' system in the room was sporadic and most of the time was not able to be accessed; we had it fixed 3x but would go off line again and again. Also, the floor was very hard... I don't think there is any padding under the carpeting at all.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong- but a room opposite the highway and/or higher floors would have less traffic noi...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lbhspeech

Dear lbhspeech,

Thank you for posting a great review about your recent visit to TWELVE Centennial Park. I am glad that you found the location to be convenient to all the downtown amenities and attractions. I will share your comments with Sven who is indeed a super team member. Belated wishes to your husband and hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have had mixed experiences during my stay at Twelve. The rooms are apartment-style, which are very spacious and comfortable. However, the beds are too soft and not supportive, being quite uncomfortable for my back. There is free wifi and a computer in each room, allowing free web browsing. Unfortunately the computer in my room did not work properly and I was asked to change rooms...3 days later. Despite having advised the front desk staff daily and being advised that IT would fix it the following morning, this did not occur. Ultimately I was moved to another room. My first room faced the quiet side of the hotel but the second room faced the street. Despite being on level 12, I still found the traffic noise quite troublesome.
The hotel restaurant serves quite good food at acceptable prices.
There is a pool and gym, but I did not use these.
The hotel is right next to one of the MARTA train stations, which makes transport quite convenient.
For the price paid (inflated over the large conference that was in town at the time), I was a little disappointed. If I was to travel to Atlanta again, I probably wouldn't stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear auspoot,

Thank you for the review. I am sorry that the in-room computer issue resulted in you being moved to another suite that was not as quiet as your original suite. I certainly understand that this could be both inconvenient and annoying. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our spacious accomodations and on-site restaurant. I apologize that the overall stay did not quite meet your expecatations. If travelling to this area on a future occassion please let me know.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com

Reviewed 6 November 2013

As always, I do my reviews by categories for organizational purposes.

Check-In: was very quick, I arrived at 6:30am (redeye flight), not expecting our room to be ready, but it was! I was by myself, so getting those few hours of sleep before the rest of the party arrived to set up at NACS was definitely nice.

Room: Very clean, very spacious, and modern. We were definitely impressed. Beds were comfy, the bathroom was large enough for both me and my coworker to get ready in the morning together. We had a big balcony and the whole side wall was all windows which was really nice Keep in mind, you are located near the highway and since one wall is basically all windows, it can get a bit noisy. However, we slept through it just fine.

Room Service: I would rate this hotel 5/5 stars, however, 'the Room" restaurant/room service really needs to get their act together. The first morning we ordered room service in advance (you write your order on the sheet in the room and hang it on the door before midnight the night before). We ordered it for 9:30am. It didn't show up until 10:05 am. We were really in a hurry to catch a shuttle to the expo, so we had to rush and eat. The girl who delivered it apologized and said they were short staffed. No biggie, it happens. So that night we fill out the cards to order room service again. We had it on our door by midnight. Knowing that it might be late again, we order it for 9am-9:15am. We didn't receive it. I tried to be patient knowing they were short staffed the day before. 10am rolls around, and we still don't have our order. I call "the Room" and they tell me "oh, we didn't even start on your order yet. We'll just cancel that." as if it was no big deal. So now we're a bit cranky because we're on empty stomachs and have to exhibit a five hour expo. We were on the way out to catch the shuttle and stopped by the front desk to let them know. The manager there was very understanding and had the manager at "the Room" comp us for breakfast the next day. I'd recommend eating there instead of room delivery if you have the time. The menu is more extensive and you're not waiting around your room wondering where your food is. The food was good though, I'll give them that.

Besides the room service mishap, the hotel itself is beautiful. It is a bit farther away from most attractions but plenty of restaurants are within walking distance and the spacious, clean, and modern rooms definitely make up for it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ashleyxmarie
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear ashleyxmarie,

Thank you for the review and I hope that you had a successful NACS convention this year. We certainly look forward to the convention when it comes to Atlanta. I appreciate the excellent comments that you listed about the accommodations and front desk team. I am however, sorry that our in room dining team could not deliver to the same high standards but I appreciate you providing this feedback with us. I will speak with the restaurant manager about your experience and how we can improve in this area. I will be be sharing your review with the team who will no doubt be appreciative of your comments. I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occassion.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The best hotel I've ever been to. Staff are great, rooms are excellent and crystal clean. The restaurant in the hotel is way behind, and some of the staff there are not professionals. We asked to take the left-overs (a whole burger and another half a burger with lots of fries), and the lady came with 2 boxes, threw it on the table and told us "fill it yourself" !! We never came back. The location is great with only 2 steps to MARTA, this being said, you can go anywhere in Atlanta. A bit noisy but in general was an excellent stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Atlanta.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AYMW
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear AYMW,

Thank you for posting an excellent review about your recent visit to the hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel and our suites which are ideal for families. I note your feedback on the restaurant service and I am sorry about this. Please be assured that I will follow up with the restaurant manager.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The rooms were much more than I expected. Breakfast was a little pricey but the good was very good. A little bit of a walk to Centennial Park, Aquarium, and the World Congress Center as well as other attractions but everything at the hotel makes up for it

• Stayed: October 2013
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Todd W,

Thank you for the great review and the intent to return endorsement. I am happy that our suites exceeded your expectations. Thanks for choosing to stay with TWELVE and hope we see you again soon.