“Will stay here again!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #89 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Columbia, South Carolina
“Will stay here again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We loved our stay at Twelve. At check-in, we received a complimentary upgrade, and the room was beautiful. Clean, stylish, and comfortable. The in-room computer network was great, and allowed us to order toothbrushes and drinks, which were brought up to the room quickly. The location is great, and a MARTA station is directly across the street. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was delicious. Parking on site, and the valet service was speedy and polite. It really helped that we could leave our car and bags until 5:00, even after checking out, so we could go to the Falcons game without worrying about driving and parking. It's a touch noisy, but if you're staying in Atlanta, then traffic noise is par for the course. We will definitely choose Twelve again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Chazzy31,

Thank you very much for posting a super review about your recent visit to the hotel. "We loved our stay at TWELVE" is music to our ears here at the hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your accommodations and the other hotel amenities. Our location is convenient for visiting downtown Atlanta's many attractions. Please send me a note when you are returning and I will ensure that we allocate you a room on a high floor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

I am from South Africa and did alot of research on TripAdvisor over the last couple of Months and must say you create your own experience. I saw the reviews of the rooms and the Highway and then contacted John Reilly about the room and the temperature and........ John made sure that 1 The room was 75 to ensure that my baby didnt have cold room. 2 That we here high up away from Highway .3 That the crib was in the room when we checked in Early at about 8am. And all of this over Christmas. All I can say is that I will tell everyone do yourself the favour and stay at this hotel because you can see these people have pride in their work and they treat their customers like royalty from the valets to the reception staff. PS: We are in Atlanta again on the 10th and 11th of January 2014 and guess what? We will be staying at Twelve again!!! TIPS: 1 Contact management if you have any concern before arriving! 2: If noise is a problem stay higher up. 3. Stay in rooms with even numbers if want to be away from highway like 1406...... But other than that enjoy your stay @ Twelve. I did and will be back in Jan John!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JacoRSA
Dear JacoRSA,

Thank you for the excellent review and I am happy to read that you enjoyed your visit to TWELVE Centennial Park. I greatly appreciate your very positive comments about our staff and will be sharing your review with the team. Most importantly I am delighted that you had a great stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back in January.

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I flew in from Boston and was looking forward to staying in the city I grew up in. Upon arrival I was given the incorrect room key and walked into an already occupied room which was rather embarrassing. Once directed to the correct floor and room 908 I enjoyed the room but not the blaring music coming from the floor below. As I stepped on the elevator to grab a drink it reeked of pot smoke. There is a club or bar on the 8th floor and the lobby is filled with underage people apparently just hanging out harassing guests. It was 10:47 after a long day of flight I found it impossible to sleep with the music. My computer said it cannot connect to the internet and wouldn't load the page so I had no internet access. I was told because of some rain the internet couldn't function. While trying to email the manager the hotel server rejects it every time. Massive disappointment overall.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Md9911,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that you did not have a great stay with us and experienced service issues during your stay. The club bar that you refer to on the 8th floor is our TWELVE Lounge and is part of our event space that is only open when we have a private event. I will be more than happy to look into your comments if you would be kind enough to contact me and share the details that you reference.

Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

This is our 2nd visit to the Twelve Centennial and well always make this hotel our place to stay while visiting Atlanta. The staff is so friendly, all the way from the valet workers to housekeeping. My honey and I call this place our home away from home. Our room on the 15th floor was so beautiful and clean. Comfortable bed and plenty of space. We love the full kitchen. Even though you have to call for the cooking pots and pans. Also there are no mixing bowls or bowls to make a salad. That's what I would call a FULLY EQUIPPED kitchen. Other than that, everything was awesome. We enjoyed our stay of shopping and visiting the Atlanta Zoo.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear namcam3,

Thank you for posting a great review about TWELVE Hotel. It truly never gets old reading comments about friendly and accommodating staff, particularly when it comes from a loyal return customer. Send me a note when you are visiting next and I will ensure the kitchen is set up with everything that you need. I am sure that you enjoyed the zoo. It is a great attraction for all of the family.

Emerald Coast Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, very nice hotel and meeting rooms. Very nice fitness center.

Service was very positive throughout the facility with the exception of the lobby bar in the evening. Not sure there was enough staff planned for the large capacity of the hotel

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Bchtravlr,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel accommodations and facilities. I note your comments on staffing levels at the bar one evening and with share this with our Food and Beverage manager. I am pleased to read that you found our service overall to have been very positive. We appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back on a future visit to Atlanta.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We decided on the spur of the moment to take the family to the Georgia Aquarium after Thanksgiving. We came across a package deal which included a one night stay at this great hotel in the city. We choose this location due to the many positive reviews of the hotel and staff, verses the Atlantic Station location.

From the moment we valet our vehicle, and checked in at the desk we could feel a since of pride when addressing guest. Soon we found ourselves in our room on the eleventh floor. Our room was a modern and spacious deluxe, one bedroom suite. Full kitchen, living room and separate bedroom. The room is very impressive, and served our family well.

The style of the room was ultra modern with exposed concrete ceilings. This actually later became an issue with trying to manage heat. Atlanta had been experiencing a cold stretch of weather to the tune of 30-40's at night.

Upon entering the room the temperature was 68 degrees, so adjusted the thermostat to 75. Unfortunately the room temperature did not rise much over the next hour. We decided to go out for dinner and let the room warm. We returned 3 hours later and the room only gained 1 degree!

We attributed the slow rise in temperature to all the exposed cement. Being late evening we chose not to speak with the front desk and prepared for bed.

Aside from the cool temperature, the only other issue was the gap in the curtain that allowed the bright city lights to illuminate the bedroom, particularly the section of bed I slept.

Now, in retrospect we should have alerted the front desk...perhaps something could been done.

Overall, this is a great hotel with terrific staff!

More about the room. The room is very picturesque modern apartment style, spacious and comfortable. A desktop PC is provided with internet connectivity, and also linked to hotel GHOST system which allows access to point and click hotel services.

We will definitely be returning for future stays inside the city! Great value!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear P0nomo,

Thank you for posting a super review of your recent stay at TWELVE Centennial Park. I am delighted that you enjoyed the space and modern feel of our suites which are ideal for family travel. My apologies about the temperature not adjusting in your suite--I will have that checked. The aqaurium is a great attraction so I am sure that you all enjoyed your visit there. I will share your review with the team who I know will be appreciative of your positive comments. I hope that you had a great thanksgiving and perhaps we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occassion.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I surprised my husband with this trip to Atlanta for his birthday. I couldn't have been more pleased with my hotel choice! Huge rooms with full size kitchen, lots of storage space, spotless, separate shower, floor to ceiling windows, balcony, excellent and fast room service, fabulous food in their restaurant-"ROOM", able to give us an early check-in, acknowledged my husband's birthday, a variety of seating in the room, comfortable bed, free Wi-Fi, discounted tickets available at front desk for World of Coca-Cola and Aquarium, good location overall, CVS selling groceries 3-4 blocks away. Special shout out to Sven at the front desk for his patience, kindness, consideration and friendliness! We would definitely return.

If I want to be picky.....The 'GHOST' system in the room was sporadic and most of the time was not able to be accessed; we had it fixed 3x but would go off line again and again. Also, the floor was very hard... I don't think there is any padding under the carpeting at all.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong- but a room opposite the highway and/or higher floors would have less traffic noi...