We were out for a get together last night in Atlanta for some friends that are getting married. We got 2 rooms at Twelve Centennial Park and went out for the night. At around midnight we arrived back to the hotel and were walking in when I went for my wallet the security guard in the hotel noticed my cc on my waist. He approached me and said I had to leave the gun in my car or leave the hotel. There is no sign posted anywhere on the property about weapons. I asked him to show me where it says I can't carry and he said it was his discretion. We took the discussion outside to the valet area where there was an APD officer out there. I called him over to ask if I was in violation of carrying my weapon while going to my room. He promptly told the sec guard that I had a right as a legal cc permit holder to be on property as long as the owner of the property did not mind. Obviously at midnight the owner is fast asleep somewhere so I didn't push the issue. I put my weapon in the car and headed back to my room. When I came back into the hotel the security guard said I had nothing to worry about and that I am perfectly safe in the hotel without my gun. I quickly told him that there are 200 rooms, 1 security guard and we are in south downtown Atlanta. There is no guarantee of safety anywhere and I told him I will be speaking with the manager about this issue. We stay here quite a bit for the location and the huge rooms but after that we will take our business to the W across the street. The funny thing is that while checking in earlier in the day the front desk guy commented on my weapon and said he had the same one. Obviously this hotel does not know the law and believes in discrimination. I complained to the security guard about the guests 3 balconies down smoking marijuana and he did not care about that saying he did not have permission to knock on their door and confront them about it. So let's recap: Legal, permit carrying gun owner going peacefully to their room get's confronted and detained by security but smoking weed is completely cool. I have posted this same review to over 20,000 gun rights believers like me. I spoke with the manager, Cranston, and he sided with the security guard and said that they are going to have a meeting this week on implanting a no weapons policy in the hotel. Good luck with that, you will regret that decision and you have not heard the last about discriminating against me.
*Side note: half full shower gel bottle upon arrival and dirty balcony with trash on it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This upscale hotel is 0.5 miles from The World of Coca-Cola and across the street from a rapid-transit stop. ... The stylish 1- and 2-bedroom suites feature free WiFi, flat-screen TVs in the living and sleeping areas, DVDs and a console for accessing hotel services such as dinner reservations or valet parking. All rooms have laptop safes and desks with ergonomic chairs as well as full kitchens with stainless steel appliances. The fine-dining American restaurant has an outdoor terrace. There's a rooftop pool deck and a fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Twelve Centennial Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 12 Centennial Park
- Twelve Centennial Park Atlanta
- Twelve Centennial Park Hotel Atlanta