“Decent stay until we arrived back to hotel around midnight.”

Twelve Centennial Park
Ranked #88 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Decent stay until we arrived back to hotel around midnight.”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were out for a get together last night in Atlanta for some friends that are getting married. We got 2 rooms at Twelve Centennial Park and went out for the night. At around midnight we arrived back to the hotel and were walking in when I went for my wallet the security guard in the hotel noticed my cc on my waist. He approached me and said I had to leave the gun in my car or leave the hotel. There is no sign posted anywhere on the property about weapons. I asked him to show me where it says I can't carry and he said it was his discretion. We took the discussion outside to the valet area where there was an APD officer out there. I called him over to ask if I was in violation of carrying my weapon while going to my room. He promptly told the sec guard that I had a right as a legal cc permit holder to be on property as long as the owner of the property did not mind. Obviously at midnight the owner is fast asleep somewhere so I didn't push the issue. I put my weapon in the car and headed back to my room. When I came back into the hotel the security guard said I had nothing to worry about and that I am perfectly safe in the hotel without my gun. I quickly told him that there are 200 rooms, 1 security guard and we are in south downtown Atlanta. There is no guarantee of safety anywhere and I told him I will be speaking with the manager about this issue. We stay here quite a bit for the location and the huge rooms but after that we will take our business to the W across the street. The funny thing is that while checking in earlier in the day the front desk guy commented on my weapon and said he had the same one. Obviously this hotel does not know the law and believes in discrimination. I complained to the security guard about the guests 3 balconies down smoking marijuana and he did not care about that saying he did not have permission to knock on their door and confront them about it. So let's recap: Legal, permit carrying gun owner going peacefully to their room get's confronted and detained by security but smoking weed is completely cool. I have posted this same review to over 20,000 gun rights believers like me. I spoke with the manager, Cranston, and he sided with the security guard and said that they are going to have a meeting this week on implanting a no weapons policy in the hotel. Good luck with that, you will regret that decision and you have not heard the last about discriminating against me.

*Side note: half full shower gel bottle upon arrival and dirty balcony with trash on it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank ChristianIellina
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Graceology,

I am sorry to read that the incident with your weapon turned your decent stay into a poor one. I would be happy to discuss the matter with you. Please let me know when it is convenient to contcat you.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Atlanta
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed here 30 days due to a situation in my primary residence. I had an excellent stay until the day of checkout (where I had a late checkout at 2p which they accomodated), where someone on the staff ENTERED MY ROOM WITH A KEY WHEN I WAS NOT IN THERE and STOLE SOMETHING VERY VALUABLE OF MINE!!!!! The hotel then would not even help in trying to figure out how this happened!!!!

VERY DISTURBING!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank autumn34sball
Dear autumn34sball,

Thank you for your review and I appreciate the great hotel comment. Thank you for contacting me and giving us the opportunity to resolve the matter and bring it to a satisfactory conclusion.

Cheshire
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights, visiting Atlanta for the first time, simply because we could get a connecting flight back to the UK. This hotel was chosen after looking at reviews on Trip Advisor.

We had a king suite on the 14th floor and suggest that due to traffic noise you ask for a high floor. From this floor level the noise was not an issue.

The rooms are more like a small apartment with a kitchen incorporating all conveniences including a dish washer!! It was also nice to have china plates and cups, a full range of cutlery and even a corkscrew.

The lounge area was comfortable with a settee, a dining table and two chairs, a computer desk with laptop for guest use, and a large TV.

The bedroom area contained a very comfortable bed, ample drawers and wardrobe space and another TV.

The bathroom consisted of a bath and a very large walk in shower.

There is also a balcony where you can sit and have an evening cocktail if the weather is fine.

The hotel has an outdoor pool, but it was not open during our stay as the weather was not good, and a small but well fitted out gymnasium.

We did not use the bar or restaurant but both looked inviting.

It is easy to walk to some of the attractions round centennial park such as the coke exhibition, the aquarium, the CNN studios as well as the conference centre and the dome for any sports fans.

There is a range of good restaurants close to the hotel and some shops for basic necessities. We did not have breakfast included in our tariff but ate well and quite cheaply at a local corner bakery.

If we are ever back in Atlanta we would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level floor to escape traffic noise
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JandJ71
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear JandJ71,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay at the hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the space and comfort of our suites. The hotel as you mention is well located to walk to downtown Atlanta's attractions and restaurants.We are located next to the MARTA station also which makes travel to and from the airport both easy and very convenient. It sounds like your three days in Atlanta were enjoyable. I hope your travels do bring you back to Atlanta and also to TWELVE.

Vegas
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My Husband & I Wed in Alanta GA, in March 2012. The 30th to be exact. We spent our entire 2 week Honeymoon @ The Twelve, downtown ATL. I say, that was the Best Vaca-Moon...1st Honeymoon for myselfe_that would actually be an understatement. The Twelve Hotel played such a big part & effective role in what will be My lifetime memory that I relive everyday. From the Valet, to the amazing bar, art & wall decor, the lounge area, Our 20th floor Suite, its balcony & bathroom, The roof top oasis, the lovely pool.The 5 Star Bedding & Linen...But Most of all, the Top Notch A1 Service..& awesome Assortment of Exchange students- One in particular, Adam. He was My everything...From human map, to the person that actual welcomed us & sold us our suite via telephone. Luckily, Adam, as well as each staff person was as pleasant in person as over the telephone. Lastly, the Wonderful choices of hotel packages/specials ie: Aquiraiam & Cola stay special is well worth it & very reasonable. Not to mention the Romance one...
K.Dash

• Stayed April 2013
Dear DashianK,

Thank you for posting a super review on your recent visit to the hotel. Congratulations to you and your husband and it is great to know that the hotel will be a part of your very special memory. I truly appreciate you recognizing our team members and the service that they provided and I will take pleasure in sharing your comments with the team. Atlanta has many great attractions and it sounds like you were able to experience a number of them. Thank you for staying with us and I wish you and your husband a happy and prosperous future together.

Tampa
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The suite was extremely clean, nicely decorated with upscale accoutrements. My family (me, my husband and two teenage boys) were very comfortable. I travel for business and would thoroughly appreciate this facility on a business trip. We met the nicest residents while we were by the pool. They were grilling and having an informal gathering. They were polite and cordial--we felt like neighbors in an upscale neighborhood. The hotel check-in desk is professional and discreet, the staff is friendly and courteous, the restaurant, lobby and common areas are very attractive. MARTA is a breeze to catch from here. We stayed here while celebrating my son's 13th birthday (so we loved the name--when we left we said bye bye twelve, hello 13). It was everything I hoped it would be.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Tampacita,

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us at TWELVE. I love the saying goodbye to TWELVE and hello to thirteen soundbite---very fitting for the occassion. It sounds like you all had a great time in Atlanta and belated birthday wished to your son. I do hope that we see you and your family again on another visit to Atlanta.

Stockbridge, Georgia
Reviewed 24 February 2014

always have a great time while staying here. room always great service is the best over all great time cant wait to stay there again. Love staff and the bar . Food is great, room service is quick. Love it all.

Room Tip: two bedroom suites
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tiffany F,

Thanks for the super review. Thank you for being a loyal guest and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed another visit to TWELVE. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was in town with my daughter for a Cheerleading competition and stayed with another mom and daughter in a two bedroom suite. The space in the suite was wonderful. Large bedrooms, large bathrooms with granite counters, a full kitchen with stainless steel appliances, including a full size refrigerator, oven and microwave. The suite also had a balcony off one of the bedrooms and lots of storage space in the bedrooms. For anyone who is a fitness enthusiast, the gym is very nice, and overlooks the outdoor pool (no indoor pool), and has a squat rack, elipticals, bikes, treadmills, and free weights and well as Life Fitness machines. All of the equipment was in great condition.

The location is also wonderful. It's a few blocks from the center of downtown Atlanta, there is a Marta stop right outside the door across the street, and for anyone in town for a convention or Cheer competition, it was not crazy like the other hotels in terms of trying to get up and down in the elevators, or trying to get a cab. It was nice to be close to the action, but a little out of way. You can walk to the Georgia Aquarium and Coca Cola, and the Children's Museum. GWCC and the Ferris Wheel are a bit farther, but if the weather is good, definitely walkable from the hotel as well (or you can take Marta).

The service at the hotel was generally good. However on our second night at the hotel after my daughter and her friend took showers in the two bathrooms, both showers ran out of hot water! The girls had only been in each shower for about 5 or 6 minutes, tops, and they had to finish their showers with lukewarm/cold water. When we called the front desk they told us you had to wait a bit to take the next shower, and they would send an engineer up to check. They never sent the engineer up, and I ended up taking a lukewarm (at best) shower after the girls finished. I have never run out of hot water at a hotel in my life. The same thing happened the next day. The front desk offered for me to take a shower in another room on the same floor as our suite (which I thought was very creative), but I asked for late checkout the next day instead (which he gave me).

The bedroom with the balcony was a little noisy because the highway is right outside the hotel, but the other bedroom in the suite seemed a bit quieter. The pillows could have been of better quality (they were a bit lumpy), and when we arrived one of the sinks had something in it that looked like ashes or dirt. Also, the showers, while large, did not drain very well, and so there was lots of standing water in them when you finished your lukewarm shower.

The room service was fantastic. They brought it up promptly. They advertise some type of Ghost system that you can use on their free computer in the room to order room service, but that never worked during our stay. It was nice to have free internet and a free computer in the room, as well as free Wi-Fi. The turkey burger and cheese burgers were delicious, as was the Mahi Mahi that we ordered. The second time they got our order wrong but brought a completely new tray up very promptly.

Despite the shower, pillow and slight noise issues, I would stay here again as opposed to the other hotels in downtown Atlanta because of the space, the finishes, and location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the highway. The two bedroom suites are very functional for fou...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Susan R
Dear Susan R,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent vist to TWELVE in Atlanta. I am delighted to read that overall you had a great experience. My apologies for the inconvenience and be assured we will focus on the areas that you mention in your review. I will have the hot water issue that you mention checked and addressed as needed. Getting to the hotel from the airport is very convenient as we are located directly next to the MARTA station, so ideal for guests arriving at the airport. We look forward to the Cheer competition each year and as you mention we are ideal for those parents and cheerleaders who want to be in a smaller hotel that is a little less hectic. I am glad that you would stay with us again and if you choose TWELVE on a future occassion please send me a note ahead of time.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com