“Stayed while attending conference”

Twelve Centennial Park
Ranked #88 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Perth, Australia
“Stayed while attending conference”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The rooms are very big and well appointed. The rooms are basically a fully contained apartment although you do need to ask for the kitchen utensils if you wish to use the kitchen. Very modern and any request can be made via Ghost which is an online request system that appears to work very efficiently. Thought it was odd that I could not get a kettle - as a tea drinker the drip coffee maker just does not heat water enough. Solved the problem by boiling water in a small saucepan.
That would be my only complaint. The staff were very helpful and so polite and kind. The waitstaff in the restaurant were lovely for both the breakfast and dinner that we had in-house and special mention to Juan who was a waiter at dinner. A very good advertisement for the hotel. The reception staff could not do enough for you. A lovely experience. A washer/dryer in the room would make it perfect.

Room Tip: We were on the 10 the floor and did not experience any excessive noise even though we were over the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear flickymicky,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at the hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our modern and spacious suites and nice to read that you found the GHOST terminal easy to use also. I note your preference for tea over coffee and apologize that we were unable to porovide you with a kettle. We normally keep one or two in reserve so I will follow up on why we did not have a kettle available on request. Thank you for your excellent comments about our team and Juan in particular. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with the team. Overall I appreciate your feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at TWELVE and had a lovely experience.

John Reilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Our family truly loved our experience with Twelve. The hotel staff were exceptional in helping us with tickets to local attractions. The accommodations were very spacious and well designed. The bathroom was exceptionally large and upscale with a roomy shower. The living area and kitchen offered nice space for our family of four to spread out. We had no issue with noise as we stayed on the 11th floor which offered a great view if the city. The pool on the roof was a hit with our kids; the pool is large and offers nice lounge areas for adults including some cabana type areas. View is great from the pool as well. We will be back yo Twelve when we visit Atlanta again in the future.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear pharmergreene,

Thank you for the excellent review relating to your recent stay at the hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the space and design of our suites which offer ideal accommodations for the family travelling together. Our pooldeck is a great space in downtown and is both a great activity for the kids as well as a relaxing space for the grown ups. It is always a pleasure to read that a past guest will return. I thank you for the review and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed in one of the very nice suites of this Hotel. Kids were excited about the spacious living room with kitchen and 2 flat Tvs.
Balcony above lobby - we didnt use it. Drawback is the constant noise coming from the streets and highways that surround the hotel - bring earplugs!!!
It was hot but the pool area was seasonally out of order...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear renglisch,

Thank you for the review and I am happy yo read that you enjoyed the suites which are ideal for families. I am sorry that street noise affected your stay. If considering staying with us again please alert us and we will allocate a room on a high floor on the opposite side from the highway. Our outdoor pool opens seasonally and I am sorry that you just missed using this amenity. It opened late April and will be open thru late September.Thank you for staying with us.

Indianapolis
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My son and I stayed at the hotel for a baseball trip weekend. It appears I messed up the reservation and reserved one night later than my planned arrival. The staff was quick to assist with my mix up and put us in a great room. Our room was on the 13th floor and the small balcony overlooked the pool area. The room itself was very nice, spacious and worked out perfect for a dad traveling with an elementary school aged kid where I could put him to bed and not be forced to bed myself. We ate room service the first night (ordered via a computer terminal in the room and confirmed via call). The food was good and was quickly delivered. Two drawbacks to the hotel. 1) it's located very close to the interstate and anyone who has traveled to Atlanta knows there's always traffic in Atlanta. So, there were some times the road noise (e.g. motorcycles/semis) could be heard in the room late in the evening. 2) Cabs. Not sure if downtown ATL is not a cab type of place, but there were never cabs waiting at the hotel. Seemed a bit odd. But, staff was quick to beckon cabs and the cabbies knew where the hotel was located when used for return trips. The lack of cabs actually made us walk through town a little more, which I enjoyed. All in all, an enjoyable place to call home for the 48 hours we were in town. If I was there for business it would be a great place to stay for an extended stay because of the presence of the full kitchen.

Room Tip: Higher is better.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank rlbrown77
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear rlbrown77,

Thank you for posting the review and I hope that you and your son enjoyed the baseball games. I am happy to read that our team memebers were able to resolve the issue at check in and get you both accommodated quickly. Our suites are ideal for families and the full kitchen makes keeping drinks and snacks on hand for the kids very easy to do. I am sorry to read that we did not have a cab on site. Cabs are usually not an issue and we can call one of the main cab companies who can usually get a cab to us within a few minutes. If you are returning please let us know ahead of time and we will get you on a high floor on the side of the hotel farthest away from the traffic.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Excellent room with everything you could want, absolutely huge with full kitchen, eating area, sitting area, good sized bedroom and bathroom. TV in sitting and bedroom areas and computor with free internet also free wifi everywhere. Staff very friendly anything you have forgotten they will sort. Location very good for downtown and midtown.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travled
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear travled,

Thank you for posting an excellent review about your recent visit to TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the room with its generous space and amenities. I appreciate your comments about our staff and I will share your review with the team. I am also happy to read that our location was convenient for you. The hotels location next to the Civic Center MARTA transit station makes getting around the city convenient and is a quick, easy and economical way to get from the airport directly to the hotel. I see that you travelled from the UK on this trip and do hope that if you are visiting Atlanta again we will have the opportunity to be your preferred accommodations.

Quarrata, Italy
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Perfect place to relax. I'm having a good time here at Twelve Centennial Park. I really wanted to stay here longer but I have my work days on it. Well as what I'm saying,is that this place is so beautiful. I like quality of this hotel. Very attractive and pleasant looking. The facilities are good. And the services was so fantastic. I like their staffs it's so easy to please and very helpful. So nice!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear George M,

Thank you for the super review and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit. I appreciate your comments about the quality of the hotel and of the service that you experienced. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to Atlanta.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were out for a get together last night in Atlanta for some friends that are getting married. We got 2 rooms at Twelve Centennial Park and went out for the night. At around midnight we arrived back to the hotel and were walking in when I went for my wallet the security guard in the hotel noticed my cc on my waist. He approached me and said I had to leave the gun in my car or leave the hotel. There is no sign posted anywhere on the property about weapons. I asked him to show me where it says I can't carry and he said it was his discretion. We took the discussion outside to the valet area where there was an APD officer out there. I called him over to ask if I was in violation of carrying my weapon while going to my room. He promptly told the sec guard that I had a right as a legal cc permit holder to be on property as long as the owner of the property did not mind. Obviously at midnight the owner is fast asleep somewhere so I didn't push the issue. I put my weapon in the car and headed back to my room. When I came back into the hotel the security guard said I had nothing to worry about and that I am perfectly safe in the hotel without my gun. I quickly told him that there are 200 rooms, 1 security guard and we are in south downtown Atlanta. There is no guarantee of safety anywhere and I told him I will be speaking with the manager about this issue. We stay here quite a bit for the location and the huge rooms but after that we will take our business to the W across the street. The funny thing is that while checking in earlier in the day the front desk guy commented on my weapon and said he had the same one. Obviously this hotel does not know the law and believes in discrimination. I complained to the security guard about the guests 3 balconies down smoking marijuana and he did not care about that saying he did not have permission to knock on their door and confront them about it. So let's recap: Legal, permit carrying gun owner going peacefully to their room get's confronted and detained by security but smoking weed is completely cool. I have posted this same review to over 20,000 gun rights believers like me. I spoke with the manager, Cranston, and he sided with the security guard and said that they are going to have a meeting this week on implanting a no weapons policy in the hotel. Good luck with that, you will regret that decision and you have not heard the last about discriminating against me.

*Side note: half full shower gel bottle upon arrival and dirty balcony with trash on it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank ChristianIellina
Dear Graceology,

I am sorry to read that the incident with your weapon turned your decent stay into a poor one. I would be happy to discuss the matter with you. Please let me know when it is convenient to contcat you.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com