“This one is a downtown winner!”

Twelve Centennial Park
Ranked #89 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Titusville, FL
“This one is a downtown winner!”
Reviewed 2 March 2009

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at The Twelve Centennial Park mid February during the week. We had not been to Atlanta in years and were looking for a centrally located downtown hotel within walking distance of the local attractions. The Twelve turned out to be a fantastic location, and a most pleasant experience. The hotel is very modern in design and is paired with a residential tower. The room was like a mini apartment with a full kitchen, dining area, big flat screen TV's, a comfortable seating area, and seperate bedroom and bath. While we didn't cook anything, it was really nice to have a full size frig to put our wine, drinks, and snacks in. Real coffee cups and wine glasses are a pleasant find in the room after a week of traveling.

The staff is very friendly and attentive. We enjoyed the company of their friendly bartender (wish I had written his name down) and the sushi at the restaurant was quite good! All the staff was very helpful and efficient. We had an issue with the hot water not being hot enough. All we had to do is use their in-suite computer system (forgot to mention that!!!) and sent a quick note to maintenance. They had the issue resolved prior to our return, and the Maintenance Supervisor left us a letter apologizing for any inconvenience and explaining what had been done. Very much appreciated that kind of service and feedback. While we didn't use it, they also have 24 hour room service available, a pool, and fitness center.

Obviously, being a downtown hotel, traffic noise is somewhat of an issue, but not enough to detract from a very enjoyable stay. We found the accomodations far superior to your standard hotel room and well worth the price. The management and staff of The Twelve Centennial Park demonstrated a high degree of customer service skills and made our stay a very pleasant and enjoyable one. We have been recommending it to our friends who frequent Atlanta and will certainly stay there on our next visit.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Georgia
Reviewed 23 February 2009

We recently stayed at this hotel and had the best experience. The hotel is in a great location, close to everything. The suite style is like a mini apartment at an unbeatable price. The interior of the hotel is gorgeous. The full kitchen came in handy traveling with a family. We usually stay at the embassy suites, but the prices there are outrageous. We ordered room service for dinner and breakfast, it was excellent. This will be the only place my family will stay when visiting Atlanta. My review title says it all, The Best Hotel in Atlanta!!!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank lovelyrain
FL
Reviewed 19 January 2009

Beautiful room, ultra chic modern design--aveda bath products. A great hotel for the money. Full kitchen was so nice when you have kids and we had a beautiful view of the city. The only negative was that there was no indoor pool or hot tub. We also could walk to the Georgia aquarium which was five blocks away. Valet was expensive--$24/night. Computer GHOST system was cool

Stayed January 2009
Nottingham, UK
Reviewed 11 October 2008

We stayed at the Twelve Centennial for the last 2 nights of our holiday and wanted to splash out a little on a lovely hotel (although by english prices this was not expensive). The hotel was in a lovely area of the city, with a short walk from downtown and easy access to the MARTA (like the tube).

The hotel was gorgeous, the suites were amazing: very spacious, lovely huge comfy bed and a fully fitted out kitchen and living room with flat screen TV and Internet access.

The staff were great and really willing to help us out with information on places to visit and places to eat - even the off duty receptionist was really helpful and drew a little map.

I would definitly stay at this hotel again, one of the best that I have visited - and I am pretty picky about where I stay!

• Liked — It was impeccable in decor and facilities
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2008

Just returned from a week's stay Twelve Centennial.
Had the most unusual call from the hotel 2 days before we left..... "checking on your reservation for 5 nights, but do you need 5 hotel rooms?" Excuse me? A family of three doesn't need 5 hotel rooms - right?
Anyway, got that all cleared up.

Arrived and our room was really nice, clean. Looked out onto the pool area.

We had internet in our room but it didn't work most of the time which was frustrating, especially for us, we were going to rely on the internet to order pizza, find routes to our chosen destinations.

The folks at the front desk really didn't want us to eat anywhere else except "The Room", which was very very expensive. The food was good but $12 for a hot dog? We had to explore the downtown area ourselves to find the Metro Diner, Durangos, Hard Rock Cafe cause they didn't seem to know about those spots !!

We ordered breakfast almost every day from room service, except had to call every time to get the form to fill out which was annoying.

Other than that, it was a nice place to stay, loved the 2 bedroom arrangement, daughter had her own room and TV so she was happy.

Can't say as I would stay there again, I would recommend for a young couple to stay at (with lots of $$$ for the restaurant!)
but would definitely go to Atlanta again !!

Stayed June 2008
Dazzling Dallas
Reviewed 1 June 2008

The time it would take me to go through all of the details of my horrible experience to my stay @ the 12 Centennial Park is more than I have to spend. So I will make it brief. I flew into Atlanta thinking that I was booked @ the 12 Atlantic Station (where I often stay and also have 6 of my clients with residental properties in that location). I had a driver take me to the Atlantic Station location. However my clients travel agents booked me @ the CP location and I though okay cool, I have heard it would fine. I arrive and Karen and Priska were @ the front desk. They ask me for my credit card for additional charges and I asked them if my client had the room prepaid for and charge should be help They explained that for security reasons they would need to see the credit plate and a picture ID for the person who reserved the room. I explained that my client was in Lake Linear @ football practice and that his travel agent stated all was handled. Priska was very rude about it and Karen calmed me down got the authorization form and faxed it back to the travel agent. Upon Priska's getting it back she told me she still need a photo ID and credit card to swipe. I was exhausted and not in the mood for resolution. Mike is a new guy for the Falcons and I know that really does not matter to you at this time. However it matters to me because I chose to have him spend his money at this brand. We did not have to stay we chose to stay. So I told Karen fine just put it on my card she told me that she would handle the change out upon Mike's arrival. She did take care of swiping his card and verifying his ID. She apologized for any and all inconvience. Then we went on to our meeting with Coke in your dining area later that evening. The next day when the photographer arrived he called me to find out if he could take the train to CP from the airport and Karen answered and told me yes. I ask her to make sure his room was ready to go because he was going to be exhausted and I wanted to verify that we would not have to got through the same challenges as the prior day. She then told me that we would have to do the same thing as we did upon my arrival because the room was not pre paid for. I asked her to please look at the reservation and verify that the same card reserved both rooms. She said that she did see that however she needed the same authorization form signed and faxed again because the torn the other one up after he came in and showed his id and credit card. I instantly got angry. I told Karen that I would not be able to have him drive back down there again when she and Priska both saw his card and id the day prior. It is about being proactive and working with me. Something just make sense. Still they made him resign another form and then did a verbal verification and then called him back and told him he needed to come back in to show his card. The hotel was not booked like that and they certainly did remember and I can promise you they will remember when you ask them about this incident. Other issues were the fact that the phone operators on Tuesday night were missing in action. I had 3 different people calling my room and the main line just rang. I called after 11 to order food the same night and th Voicemail for in room dining came on 3 times. I called the front desk and that young lady took my order and brought my snack. Wednesday was the day we ask Priska if they had a different room or area that we could take photos in she stated she was not authorized to do that and that maybe the people on the residental side could help me. She took us over there and Gay was very standoffish about the whole thing. I could tell she did not want to work with me. I explained to her it would be a few canidid shots nothing crazy. She told me she would check and get back with me. Eric the photographer asked if we could still see the condo models. Sandy was wonderful and she really made me feel like I was @ Atlantic station. I told her how our production staff had booked over 400 hundred rooms in the past five months in the other location and had been treated with open arms. I knew before we left that they would not be calling your PR for the residental side. Had she known that American Airlines Magazine would be using these photos for the cover, would her attitude be different. It should not be and upon me calling her the next morning she so much as told me that it did not matter. The answer is no due to bad experiences prior to us. I am mad that I stay there for 4 days along with the photographer. I am made that we spent money dining there. I am made that I have bragged about the hotel. You guys really dont care and I felt it on this visit. What took the cake and set my heart on fire is Robert V or whatever the assitant GM's name is(John R was on holiday in Scotland). He need culture diversity training if he plans on working in the USA and in Atlanta. He was rude to the photographer and my client who was paying for us to stay there. He was loud and I personally had to had a talk with him to diffuse his temperment. He did not try to compromise he could careless. They where standing off to the side in the front entry not blocking anyone and taking photos for under 7 mins. He got on the elevator as we were heading back upstairs to argue with me. I told him that I understood the he has a job to do and that is to enforce all policies in the absence of the GM. It was not about him enforcing the rules it was the was he verbally handled the situation. His whole tone was wrong. I am so angry about this whole visit. I cannot believe I was treated this way.
O and then my other client comes up to the hotel and her 3 year old get his had smashed in the elevator door (there is and incident report)

• Liked — My room
  • Disliked — staff and policy
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank dezonme
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 25 May 2008

I had high hopes for this hotel since apparently it's fairly new. The location is right downtown within walking distance to a few restaurants. The decor is unique with the exposed concrete walls and ceilings and modern furtinure. But it wasn't very clean. There were stains on the sofa and chair. We used the sleeper sofa and when we pulled it out, there were crumbs, cheerios and even a child's toy where it obviously hadn't been cleaned. There was orange mold in between the tiles in the shower and the bathroom floor felt dirty. The air conditioner didn't work well either. We had it on the lowest possible setting and the temperature never got below 70. I'm sure they have it preset. All in all, I won't stay here again. Also, be prepared to pay $22 a night to park. And it's valet only.

• Stayed May 2008