“Rudiest staff I have ever encountered”

Twelve Centennial Park
Ranked #96 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 7 June 2009

11:00 at night and there is a major party going on in the room next to us. People running up and down the hall yelling and screaming. When we complained we were hung up on 4 times then when security showed up was told we were being racist and intolerant. James hung up on us three times. Mr. James Glover stood in the halllway as we listened to the yelling and said I was being "racist" to no avail. I would not recommend this accomodation to anyone seeking a restful encounter. I have been an active traveler for many years and have rarely ever complained, however, this was so abusive I have to alert others to the indifference of the staff. I will state I had very high hope for this location based on the other reviews and I will state had this situation not have happened I would have been writing a much better review . By the way it is not 11:30 and it is still going on!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank susan822

Reviewed 19 May 2009

Every now and then you stumble across a great find that exceeds your expectations. This was the case for me at this property. The rooms are wonderful, from the full-service kitchen to the huge bathroooms. The bedding was very comfortable. The floor to ceiling windows and balcony provided plenty of light and fresh air. The restaurant staff were absolutely delightful. We had a Beluga package with two tickets (per night - make sure they honor the two tickets per night stay!) to the Georgia Aquarium (easy and safe four block walk), two free desserts, and free valet parking (otherwise like $24/night - ouch!). Great deal. The MARTA station is across the street - we took it to the High Art Museum without any trouble or concern. Great outdoor pool on the 7th floor. The valet parking staff were almost worthless, but otherwise a great stay. I hope it does not get too popular or more expensive!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank TRV_1957
Reviewed 12 May 2009

This was a fantastic hotel - but felt so much like a private apartment. Huge kitchen and living area. Only downside was that I couldn't get the wireless internet to work very well. The staff was very helpful in trying to get it to work and brought an ethernet cord so I could just plug into their hard-wired network. Room even came with it's own computer system, so you really don't even need to bring your computer if all you want to do is surf the net. Would definately stay here if I was in town for more then a couple of days. Kind of sad I only got to experience one night, but will certainly be back!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2009

We got a one-bedroom deluxe suite for an incredible price on the Internet. We fell in love with this hotel. Our room was HUGE -- really more like a nice-sized condo or apartment than a hotel room. Spacious & BEAUTIFULLY-decorated. If you are in Atlanta and want a room that is ultra-romantic -- OR you plan on meeting up with friends and and need a place to entertain -- this is the perfect hotel. I think it would be an ideal honeymoon or anniversary location.

The suite had:
* Floor to ceiling windows in the living room and bedroom with INCREDIBLE views of Atlanta -- we were on the 14th Floor;
* A fully-equipped kitchen with hardwood floors, black marble countertops, and stainless steel appliances;
* Flat screen TV's in the living room and bedroom;
* A brand-new computer in the living room -- with free high-speed internet service;
* One of the hugest bathrooms I've ever experienced in a hotel, (w/free Aveda products which I love.)
* A very nice modern decor -- dark woods, black upholstery, cream-colored walls.

Some other things we liked:
* It is within walking distance of the Children's Museum, the Aquarium, the World of Coke, etc. About a 5-10 min. walk.
* The people at the front desk were so helpful and friendly. And the people in the restaurant were the best. My daughter came down with a cold while we were there and she told us the only thing she could get down was pancakes -- go figure! The chef made her pancakes at 8 o'clock at night, which was certainly not on the dinner menu, and sent them up to my daughter in our room. Now that was just plain sweet.
* We also liked that there was a taxi stand right outside the enclosed back entrance to the hotel AND there is a MARTA station right outside the front entrance, (it's a 15 minute train ride into the Atlanta Airport for about a buck-fifty.) Convenient, convenient, convenient!

Anyway, this will ALWAYS be our hotel when we stay in Atlanta. I think we've found the best! We met up with two different sets of friends in Atlanta and both came in and just said, "Wow!!!", when they saw our room!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank themilesfamily
Reviewed 3 March 2009

My family and I stayed overnight during our trips to World of Coca Cola, and Georgia Aquarium. If you are looking for the cheapest trip for this, let me save you all of the work, and share with you what we decided to go with that we found was the cheapest. The hotel has a whale shark package that includes 2 adult 2 child tickets to Aquarium & overnight hotel stay for $199.00 + tax which runs a total about $216.00 . This was a great deal, then we just paid regular price for World of Coca Cola. This hotel is AWESOME for the price! The front desk staff was TERRIFIC! My only complaint was the valet parking. They left our car unlocked overnight!!!! I was smart to clean out our car before arrival. -Thank God!!! The hotel made amends with a gift card, but leaving your vehicle COMPLETELY in someone else's hands for them to be irresponsible with a $24,000 purchase is totally unacceptable!!!! However as much of a nightmare the parking situation was, the rest of our experience with this hotel was above, and beyond.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2009

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at The Twelve Centennial Park mid February during the week. We had not been to Atlanta in years and were looking for a centrally located downtown hotel within walking distance of the local attractions. The Twelve turned out to be a fantastic location, and a most pleasant experience. The hotel is very modern in design and is paired with a residential tower. The room was like a mini apartment with a full kitchen, dining area, big flat screen TV's, a comfortable seating area, and seperate bedroom and bath. While we didn't cook anything, it was really nice to have a full size frig to put our wine, drinks, and snacks in. Real coffee cups and wine glasses are a pleasant find in the room after a week of traveling.

The staff is very friendly and attentive. We enjoyed the company of their friendly bartender (wish I had written his name down) and the sushi at the restaurant was quite good! All the staff was very helpful and efficient. We had an issue with the hot water not being hot enough. All we had to do is use their in-suite computer system (forgot to mention that!!!) and sent a quick note to maintenance. They had the issue resolved prior to our return, and the Maintenance Supervisor left us a letter apologizing for any inconvenience and explaining what had been done. Very much appreciated that kind of service and feedback. While we didn't use it, they also have 24 hour room service available, a pool, and fitness center.

Obviously, being a downtown hotel, traffic noise is somewhat of an issue, but not enough to detract from a very enjoyable stay. We found the accomodations far superior to your standard hotel room and well worth the price. The management and staff of The Twelve Centennial Park demonstrated a high degree of customer service skills and made our stay a very pleasant and enjoyable one. We have been recommending it to our friends who frequent Atlanta and will certainly stay there on our next visit.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2009

We recently stayed at this hotel and had the best experience. The hotel is in a great location, close to everything. The suite style is like a mini apartment at an unbeatable price. The interior of the hotel is gorgeous. The full kitchen came in handy traveling with a family. We usually stay at the embassy suites, but the prices there are outrageous. We ordered room service for dinner and breakfast, it was excellent. This will be the only place my family will stay when visiting Atlanta. My review title says it all, The Best Hotel in Atlanta!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family