“Modern, luxurious rooms”

Twelve Centennial Park
Ranked #85 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
“Modern, luxurious rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

Great room with Aveda products and granite countertops. Exposed concrete ceilings and comfortable furnishings. Valet and room service glitchy but that wouldn't stop me from staying again (no late night room service, car valet didn't answer the phone). Mellow mushroom around the corner if dining with a family. Appreciated the Aquarium ticket package and stuffed animals given out for kids on arrival. Friendly front desk staff!

• Stayed January 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2010

Hotel with potential- great rooms but as with all places- its the people that make the difference- staff has not been properly trained and there is lack of strategy and the hotel suffer because of this.

The rooms are spacious and yes more appartment feeling- lack of atm and lack of charm

The people at the bar know what they Are doing-the rest lacks training

• Stayed November 2010
Naples FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

As unique and modern as this atmosphere is– Twelve cannot make up its mind on being a hotel or a residence – it has the best of both worlds. In our recent visit, as hotel guests, we had friends who rented a residence apartment at the same time. We had a great lounge area and restaurant, which they did not know existed. Our “apartments” were very similar, theirs had a washer & dryer (makes sense). Our full kitchens were identical. We were very impressed by the hotel staff, they couldn’t do enough for us. Location was great! We could walk to restaurants, the Aquarium, all kinds of shopping, and the Marta station. The rooms were ultra chic in design and totally sound proof. One drawback, their “GHOST” computer system (computerized room service, valet, and internet) was squirrely at best. When we spoke to the staff they acknowledge it did go “nuts” at times. But the wireless internet connection from our own laptops was seamless and fast. Pool and fitness room were what you would expect in a residence. Well kept, both were large. There were several grills & covered tables so having a cookout was a great option
Beds were heavenly and the sheets were so soft – it was designed for great sleeping and snuggling! We are looking forward to coming back – we’ve found our place to stay in Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Hartsdale, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

Stayed here for the Atlanta Gift & Home Furnishings Market. LOVED IT. $153/nite. A 5 minute walk from the Mart (but if you need it, the shuttle runs here (#5)). Ultra-modern, high ceilings in room, Aveda products in the bathroom. Terrific living area and kitchen, which I wish I had brought stuff for. Although, they will deliver supplies to your room for you. Had terrific experience with the front desk staff - helped me print out boarding pass, etc. I will be staying here again. The only slight irriation, and it was for a reason, was that you have to put in your key to get the elevators to move or enter or exit the gym. My key was always a little wonky and I had to do it 5 times, each time, before it accepted it. But for security reasons, I totally understand. Good idea, just wish the magnetic strip worked better. You can order your room service, wake up call, and everything else on the desktop computer in each room. Awesome!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2010

This is the first hotel I have stayed at in Atlanta in which the room itself blew me away for the money. I'll start with that, since it's the only GREAT thing about the hotel.

We stayed in a King Deluxe, using the gov't rate on a weekday. The hotel was clean, and the room was HUGE. It had a FULL SIZE kitchen, new appliances, living room w/ flat screen AND personal computer, full bedroom area w/ another flat screen and large bathroom w/ seperate shower/tub. One wall was all windows, with a nice sized balcony - very nice. A person could EASILY and comfortably stay in this room for an extended stay. The bed was comfortable, and the room was fairly quiet - only slight outside noise from the balcony door area.

Now, the down side:

We got into our room rather late, probably close to 11PM, and we were starving so we ordered a turkey sandwich, fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies, and milk. The ordering is all done online, and after I checked a box for the sandwhich, several other boxes appeared to be checked for fries or salad, and items you'd like on the sandwhich. I checked the appropriate boxes. The guy delivered just the sandwhich (which was TERRIBLE), no fries, nothing on the sandwhich, no cookies, no milk. He just said they were out of milk and cookies.

The next day at checkout, the "manager" was at the front desk. I use that term loosely because although that is his official title, I wouldn't have trusted a gerbil in his less than capable hands. I told him about the sandwhich, and he proceeded to tell me that it was impossible for me to have checked the boxes for fries, etc., because it was too late when I ordered it. Really, guy?? I just happened to imagine it? So after calling me a liar over a $15 sandwhich, he told me that he couldn't "deal with me" and that I needed to calm down. You should know, I wasn't raising my voice or cursing, just telling him about the terrible sandwhich and experience. After wasting my time for about 20 minutes arguing with me, he finally said he would give me 50% off the sandwhich. Now I'm just livid with this guy who shouldn't be anywhere NEAR a customer service position, and I tell him that I just want to leave. He checked me out, with every rude fiber in his body, and I left.

I should also mention that when we checked in the night before, there wasn't even anyone AT the front desk - had to get valet to go find someone.

The bottom line is, if you want service, RUN. If you could care less about service but you want an AMAZING room, book today. It's a toss up, because I feel like you should be able to find value, service, and luxury in a hotel of this caliber ... but at least now I know that if I ever go back, I just can't expect any service at all. The room was so great though, that I'd recommend this hotel to a friend, but I'd caution them about the service.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights on business. Staff was very friendly. Room was clean and very modern decor. Used the internet provided in the room which was fine, although a bit slow at peak use times. Hotel has a restaurant on site which was pretty good. It is within walking distance of the aquarium, but a bit of a walk to the convention center. A very nice hotel that I would recommend for both business and lesiure.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
san diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2009

We stayed at the hotel for a business/leisure purpose with a 2-years old child. Hotel room was rather spacios with a separate bedroom, with fully equiped kitchen (granite countertops and stainless steel appliances which were in very good condition). Room was always made on time. People in the reception area were very frienldy to us and to our daughter. We felt there like home. Hotel is located in a walking distance to the Children Museum, World of Coca-Cola, Aquarium. Restaurant adjusted to the hotel has very good menues; quite reasonable prices and very friendly to kids. We would definitely stay there when we are next time in Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business