“The Worst EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #47 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Flushing, New York
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed here overnight to visit the World of Coca Cola and the following morning, I found out that car was broken into on the driver's side and TWO luggage was stolen along with a VHS camcorder with the case. The manager of the hotel says the self parking garage is not affiliated with the hotel at all and why does the bill shows we are being charged $20.00. Before leaving, I was told by the manager when he gets any updates or information I would get a call back and I have yet to get one. The room itself wasn't that bad. Any one else that decides to stay here, look for another place, I would not recommend staying here even for a night or for a few hours to just park the car.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cathleen K
Harman H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Please know that we share your concern regarding this unfortunate situation. To date, I have not been made aware of any new information on the police investigation. Our on-site security team is partnering with parking security to ensure that additional precautions are being taken to prevent future incidents. In addition to the signs posted throughout the area advising our guests to remove their valuables from their vehicles, we are verbally reminding travelers to be vigilant about taking steps to secure their belongings.

You have my deepest regrets for your experience. Atlanta’s citizens and business community will continue to work to make our visitors feel safe and at home.

Harman Hall, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is a hotel in a wonderful location next to the Georgia Aquarium. The rooms are decently sized and with a city view is well worth staying here. The breakfast in the hotel is amazing and there is a Legal Seafood adjacent to the hotel and a Johnny Rocketts around the corner. The hotel itself has some very inviting touches: cookies in the afternoon, hot coffee or tea in the morning. They provide beds with adjustable firmness - unexpected was that both sides of a queen bed could be adjusted to differing levels of firmness and that was perfect for one group in our party. Although you pay for parking, there is ample parking even on the weekend when daytrippers came in for the football games. I felt that the staff went the extra mile to make me feel welcome and offered helpful suggestions when queried.

Room Tip: Pass on a 7th Floor room because of the foot traffic and noise to the pool, outdoor deck and exercis...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Maigret Q
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit with us. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Atlanta!

Warm Regards,

Rigby, Idaho
Reviewed 1 September 2012

This was my second stay at this property, the first was in 2010. I still enjoyed the hotel, it's great location, and clean new feel. Breakfast was great. A few things have caused me to take a point off from my original review: The staff seemed indifferent to my stay this time. The A/C was non-functional in the first room I was given, requiring the hassle of a new room setup after arriving late at night when I wanted to get to sleep. Parking was somewhat expensive at $20/night, and my key card would not operate the gates in the self-parking garage, requiring another trip to the front desk to get it fixed. The wired internet in my room did not work; wireless was the only option. There was also a picture missing from the bathroom - with mounting hardware left on the wall in a tacky display. Hopefully these are isolated incidents, because this is a good property that I would like to continue to enjoy in the future.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ajnuff
Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your stay.We're disappointed that we were unable to exceed your expectations on your most recent visit; rest assured that your satisfaction is paramount to everything else we do.

Our maintenance team has been dispatched to resolve all of the issues you mentioned. We're confident that your next visit will be flawless! If I can be of service in your next booking, please call me. I'll be more than happy to roll out the red carpet!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 31 August 2012

This hotel was very clean, easily accessible, and in a great location right next door to the Georgia Aquarium. The two pools, one indoor and one out, were clean and clearly viewed from the gym (a plus for parents who want to exercise while watching their kids). The indoor pool is small but adequate on a rainy or cold day. The outdoor pool is long enough and deep enough for laps. The restaurant in the hotel is Legal Seafood (a supporter of my favorite charity, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation). Their food is delicious, but expensive (unless you just get crab soup, like we did) and you need a reservation unless you're happy to sit at the bar (again, like we did). The breakfast is huge and very good. Every staff member that assisted us was pleasant.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
On behalf of my entire team, thank you for choosing our property! We never tire of hearing about how great an experience we were able to provide. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you in the future!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Stayed the weekend with the family for an intown vacation. Great location to all the downtown attractions. Walking distance to the Georgia Aquarium, Centennial Park, Georgia Dome, CNN Bldg and the World of Coke. Marta provides a shuttle for easy access to the Braves Stadium. Parking is costly but that's common for being downtown. The room was large and beds comfortable. Also I liked that the rooms offered a small refrigerator and microwave. The pool was nice and had a great view of downtown. Staff friendly and provided quick and easy checkin. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gavballmomteacher
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel! Considering that many of our guests are travelling families, we do whatever we can to make your experiences memorable! We're fortunate to have such a fantastic location that provides access to Atlanta's best attractions and restaurants. On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn team, thank you for allowing us to be a part of your vacation.

Australia
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This hotel was a great introduction to Atlanta. It is centrally located to tourist/visitor activities, close to the conference center, and a comfortable walk from the downtown shopping district.

All interactions, from check-in to check-out were handled smoothly and efficiently.

When I checked in I was allocated a room with an interconnection to another. Avoid these rooms if you can, I was able to clearly hear every word my neighbour spoke on the telephone, and he was certainly not shouting. The next morning I moved to another room which was practically silent.

When I say "silent", one thing light sleepers might like to know is that the room air conditioning is by through-wall units that are not the quietest. They are effective, I slept well with earplugs, but they do detract from a quiet room.

The stand-out feature of my stay was breakfast. I'd never had Southern-style food like "grits" before, and one of the chefs took the time to talk me through the ways in which to enjoy this food. Every morning thereafter he was friendly and personal in his service, and I really enjoyed this time of day.

An oddity. What is it with Atlanta hotels and bed sheets? I stayed in three separate hotels during my visit, and not one of them had sheets which properly fitted the mattresses! Fitted sheets that don't cover the mattress have a nasty habit of coming undone during the night, and I'd really like to see some attention to detail in this area.

In summary, a comfortable business stay, and I'd use this hotel again if I was in Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 8 September 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm glad that our chefs were able to introduce you to grits; it's a southern staple! On your next visit, we'll make a strong effort to give you a room without a connecting door. I know how important it is to have tranquility in the evening; sleeping away from home is tough, so we want to do whatever we can to make you more comfortable.

I can only imagine that the fitted sheets you mentioned had been in the dryer a bit too long and shrunk! We rotate linen with relative frequency so I'm sure we can avoid that going forward.

Thanks again for taking the time to post a review. We hope to host you again on your next visit to Atlanta.

Delhi
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night with my wife and I was very impressed. The location is perfect for seeing Atlanta. It is between the aquarium, world of Coke and Olympic park. The rates are reasonable given the location. There are plenty of restaurants close to the hotel. The MARTA station is a few blocks away. The rooms were big and had a fridge and microwave. The Airconditioning was perfect and to my liking. The beds were comfortable and cleanliness was proper. Got more than what I had expected.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple