“Atlanta in February...”

Ranked #45 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Pensacola, United States
“Atlanta in February...”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My kids really loved the availability of an indoor pool during our February visit. The breakfast was excellent; the room was clean, fresh, and quiet! The staff were friendly and helpful. Loved the ammenities and the location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Good Aftertoon! Thank you so much for the great review. With the weather being as unpredictable as it has been lately, the indoor pool has become a great resource for our guests to burn energy and relax! As we approach spring, we're making preparations to reopen the outdoor pool. Hopefully, the weather will allow you to enjoy both pools during your next visit.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Harman Hall, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
New York, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel is right in the midst of all of the tourist sites one would want to visit in Atlanta. It's prime location make it ideal for both personal and business travel. However, while the staff are very accommodating the rooms are inconsistent and not always well appointed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We rely heavily on guests to make needed adjustments that impact the traveller's hotel experience. I would like to hear more about your thoughts relative to how our guest rooms are appointed. I'm sure your comments will be helpful in both the long and short term planning. I can be reached at 404-704-8042. Please give me a call at your leisure.

Thank you again for allowing us to serve you. Given the opportunity to host you again, we will work to make your accommodations flawless.

In Service,

Dover, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Location was perfect for going to the Georgia Aquarium and Centennial Park. Johnny Rockets is right around the corner with great fountain drinks and simple food. Parking is at the hotel - but not well marked that it is hotel parking. Breakfast was great and staff superlative.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed breakfast. It's honestly what we feel sets us apart as a hotel! I hope you tried our famous french toast! If not, you have something to look forward to on your next trip,

We have taken note of your concern about the parking being difficult to spot from the street. Rest assured that I'm currently researching signage options to make the entry more visible to first time guests.

Have a wonderful day and thanks again for the feedback.

Freiburg i. Br.
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown is basically a quite nice hotel.
The problem is with the over-sophisticated pneumatic beds.
Some of these obviously lose air pressure during the night resulting in an extremely uncomfortable sleep.
Breakfast is good and service is friendly.
Nice location with respect to the convention center.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank traex
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate you taking time to share your experience. As an experienced traveller, you have a great frame of reference for comfortable accommodations and great service. I'm very sorry to hear that you weren't able to sleep well. In my opinion, a good night's rest is paramount to almost everything else. I'll be happy to have the bedding system inspected to ensure that the air baffle maintains pressure appropriately. I would appreciate if you would give me a call offline so that I may ask a few additional questions which would help us avoid similar issues in the future. My direct line is 404-704-8042.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you. We hope to see you again on your next trip to downtown Atlanta.

Warm Regards,

Layton, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I often use this hotel when I travel to Atlanta, and I enjoy a warm greeting every time. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The amenities are great and I know that if I am at any point not satisfied with my stay they will do everything in their power to correct whatever my problem may be.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm very happy to hear that you feel cared for when you visit our hotel. Without you, there is no us. At the Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever we can to ensure that you are satisfied. If we don't, you don't pay. We guarantee it. It's our commitment to provide you with a great experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

In Service

Harman Hall, General Manager
Augusta, GA, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2014

this is a nice hotel in a great location with terrible parking. the hotel shares parking with other local merchants. To enter the parking deck from the hotel you have to pass a valet stand. If you like to use valet parking then you will probably like this. I do not and was not very happy how I was treated when I told the parking attendant that I was going to self park. Hilton guest are not given any special treatment to park at the hotel. After you park you have to take an elevator down the parking deck and then walk into the hotel to take your elevator to your room. This was a huge hassle for me and I will not be returning to this location in the future. There are many others options in this area that offer better parking than the Hilton.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for allowing us the pleasure of serving you. I'm quite disappointed to hear that your parking experience put a damper on your impression of our property. I realize that our structure is different from most Hilton Garden Inns but given the volume of people that visit our area, we thought it would be appropriate to provide mixed use parking for the varied travellers that we see. My biggest concern is with the interaction you described with the parking attendant. We take great pride in providing a warm and helpful service experience. Anything less in unacceptable. I would love to discuss your experience more in detail. I can be reached on my direct line 404-704-8042.

I appreciate you bringing your concerns to my attention. Your feedback is our foremost tool to improve as a property and as a brand.

In Service,

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I always stay at HGI Downtown whenever I am in ATL. It is walking distance to Philips Arena, Gerogia Dthe aquarium, and World of Coke. The rooms are pretty large and the beds are very comfy! There is a pool and hot tub on the roof, which gives fantastic views of the city.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for posting a review. I'm very happy to hear that we are you preferred hotel for your trips to Atlanta. If there is anything we can do to make you more comfortable, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm Regards,