“Expectations: met”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #38 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This property is what you'd expect from a Hilton Garden Inn: clean, bright, friendly. The room was standard: bed, desk, tv. It also had a mini-fridge and microwave for those of us who like to bring our own food or heat up takeaway. Wireless was fast and reliable, a plus for business travelers. My room had a jacuzzi tub, although I didn't use it as such.

The area is nice and quiet. It's next to a lovely park and there are some bars and restaurants on the street. It's only a few blocks walk to many downtown areas.

There were a few downsides to my stay, though:
- The pillows are insubstantial and after 30 seconds your head is effectively on the mattress as the filling scoots to the sides and cozies up to your ears. I ended up with a sore neck in the morning.
- The door to the adjoining room provides no insulation and I could hear the occupants next door talking, even at normal conversation levels. Tip: set the fan on the thermostat for white noise.

Overall, a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without an adjoining door.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking time to provide us with your feedback. Based on your comments, I can tell that you are well-travelled and have a great frame of reference for both service and accommodations. Should your future travel plans include Atlanta, we'd love to have you stay with us again.

In Service,

Harman Hall, GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,706)

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Me and boyfriend went to visit my niece to host a baby shower. Everyone was great at this hotel. They made sure we were very happy. We arrived at 1:oo and they allowed us to check-in. And gave us great eatery suggestions. Also the Seafood restaurant at the hotel had the best food. Very friendly and best customer service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for posting a review of your experience. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and staff interactions. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Great hotel and great location! The hotel was very clean. The icing on the cake was the staff... especially Mazeen and Gary who welcomed us with open arms and attended to all of our needs. Will definitely recommend and stay here in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm so grateful that you took time to highlight the positivity of your experience with Gary and Meezan. They are both valued team members who enjoy their work very much. I will be sure to share your sentiments with them both as well as the entire team. We hope to have a second opportunity to serve you.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I am a Hilton Honors Gold member, so I stay at Hilton properties all over the country and this one was quite disappointing. For a Hilton Garden Inn the cleanliness of the room was unacceptable. There were many large stains all over the carpet and they cut a few corners in a remodel that were really tacky.

The good: Great location-- it is located right in front of the Georgia Aquarium and about 100 feet from the Coca-Cola museum. There is also a Legal Seafoods located in the building. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for allowing us to serve you. Allow me to express my deepest regrets for the condition of the carpeting in your room. We certainly appreciate your loyalty as a Hilton Honors member and want to do all that we can to ensure that you are completely satisfied. I would sincerely appreciate an opportunity to amend the issue and regain your confidence in our property. Please contact me at 404-704-8042. This rings directly to my office.

Altought I'm disappointed with your feedback, I am equally grateful. Without your insights, it's difficult for us to address the problems of which we are not aware. I look forward to receiving you call.

In Service,

Harman Hall, General Manager

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The hubby and I wanted to just get away for the weekend and we chose Atlanta. Hotel was in a excellent location and was very accommodating to all of our needs, the next time we come to Atlanta we will stay here!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Traveller,

We're happy to hear that you were please with your experience. I hope that we did enough to encourage you to make a second trip! We'd gladly welcome you back.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We booked this hotel because of a couple things. It is a nice location if you are staying downtown. It has an outdoor pool and hot tub on 4th floor which is always a drawing card for me. We took the taxi from the airport $40.00. We wanted a day off enroute to a meeting in another city so didn't bother with a rental car. Back to the airport we took the the MARTA train back to airport for cheap $7.00 for the two of us. Anyway back to hotel, we had very good reception at check in. The view from our room was awesome at night. The place is starting to fray tho', my wife noticed that the cushions on the lobby sofa had been changed around to use the other side so the back seem was showing. Not a big deal but gives you an idea. After going to another city nearby, it became clear that nobody seems to fussy about cleaning too much in this area. Grime gathers in the corners. We did have a hair in our bed, but hopefully it was from one of the cleaning staff. The breakfast was good here, except for the pork sausages. They had two other choices of meat (Bacon & Turkey sausage) so that was not an issue. But the same attention to detail was missing in this area to, table tops are getting loose. Things that you would expect in a no name motel for $60.00. Would I go back? Not likely - we spent two nights here and it was ok but not special.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback about your hotel experience. As a senior contributor, your travel experience provides a great frame of reference for what we do and what guests expect. Your comments about the furniture in the lobby and restaurant are well noted. It seems that you missed the restaurant renovation by just a few days; we have replaced all the table tops, carpet and chairs in that area. While the lobby upgrade is pending, please know that I acknowledge the need for a change and I'm working hard to make the needed adjustments. I hope that you'll give us a second chance to wow you. I'd love to hear more of your feedback offline; please feel free to call me on my direct line, 404-704-8042.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton because of its proximity to the Georgia Aquarium and it was worth every penny. Not only were we able to walk to the aquarium, but the staff was excellent, too. The breakfast at the hotel was also excellent. We had an issue checking in because their computers were down, but the staff was great in getting everything cleared up quickly and did more than was necessary to compensate for the frustration. The general manager even called the next morning to make sure everything was taken care of to our satisfaction. Very impressed with how the staff handled themselves.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. As you might imagine, it was quite a challenge for us to conduct business with the temporary computer failure you mentioned. I'm glad to know that you were happy with our performance under the circumstances. It was a pleasure to speak with you and I hope we get to see you on your next trip to Atlanta. I'll pass your kind words to the breakfast and front desk teams!

Warm Regards,