“Hilton Garden Inn at Georgia Aquarium”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #45 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Miami, Florida
“Hilton Garden Inn at Georgia Aquarium”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn next to the Georgia Aquarium for 3 nights. I must say the hotel was great..we plan to use this hotel again. The staff were very professional and helpful. We booked two rooms, and needed them on the same floor. We were accommodated...even though the hotel was booked to capacity. The rooms are beautiful, and up to date. Atlanta's skyline is so beautiful especially at night can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor with great view of beautiful skyline.
1 Thank MJones457
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It excites me to know that you had a fantastic experience at our hotel. The views at night are magnificent and I'm glad tha we got to share them with you and your family. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for allowing us the pleasure of serving you.

Harman Hall, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Callahan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very nice hotel right across the street from the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coke, and Centennial Park and within walking distance from the CNN Center. We were able to park our car and walk everywhere we wanted to go. Hotel staff was very helpful, room was clean and my son loved the pool on the 7th floor. We stayed during the week preceding July 4th and were very pleased.

1 Thank Tammy S
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. I'm sure it will be helpful as future travelers make their choice in hotel accommodation. We're proud of the work we do; taking care of guests is a labor of love. It's great to hear that your son enjoyed the pool. It's one of our most popular spaces.

We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again. Thank you for the feedback!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We just spent a week here and were so happy that we changed our plans at the last minute to be here rather than midtown or Buckhead. The best part was the view of the fireworks from our room. We were on the "Penthouse" level overlooking the pool. (Penthouse level was nothing special but it was better than saying the 13th floor.) The fireworks were clearly visible, especially the ones coming from the nearby building roofs. We had ventured into the party at the local park but it quickly became VERY crowded so we returned to our rooms to wathc the show.

As others have said it is close to many attractions. We bought the City Pass and the 4 day MARTA pass and saw plenty. This hotel is very close to Georgia Aquarium (about 100 steps) and World of Coca Cola (about 200 steps). The CNN Building (there is a HUGE food court in here.) is also close and that is where you will go to catch the Marta. In addition, there are several nearby restaurants from Subway and Baja Fresh to pizza and seafood.

If you have kids over age 12, be sure to book the Segways! They are across the street nest to Subway.

Pros: Location, friendly staff, very filling buffet breakfast, afternoon snacks, indoor qand outdoor pool and outdoor jacuzzi, amazing fitness center, good laundry facility, large common area to hang out, lots of eating options nearby, close to attractions, free wi-fi

Cons: small market that wasn't very well stocked for late night hunger (we were on a different time zone.), people were able to slide restaurant coupons under your door, only one computer if you needed to print something, game room was really just a foosball table, no shuttle,

Room Tip: If you want to see the fireworks, ask for a higher room overlooking the pool.
1 Thank dylansmommy
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your experience. As a senior contributor and experienced traveler, you have a great frame of reference for what's important to our visitors. Please accept my apologies for our Pavilion Pantry being a bit scarce of options. During the holiday weekend, we couldn't seem to keep it fully stocked before it would be empty again. I suppose selling alot is not a bad problem for us to have, accept for cases like yours where we weren't able to meet a need. We'll be sure to ramp up our efforts to avoid the issue going forward. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

We're glad that you enjoyed the city and all it has to offer. I hope we get to see you again.

Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Big hotel downtown, near CNN and Coca Cola World (boring to visit, one big sales pitch). Was there for the Peachtree Race. Bit of a walk to the MARTA but safe. Staff was helpful, breakfast was good. Room was okay but you can hear through the door to the next room and loud, screaming children didn't help. Reasonable eating options nearby. As Hilton Gold I had free wifi.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Andrew J
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to complete a review of our property. I'm sure the Trip Advisor community will find your feedback very helpful. Should your future plans include a return trip to downtown Atlanta, we'd love an opportunity to host you again.

In Service,

Little Rock, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Accommodations and amenities were good. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. It is close to downtown attractions, most in walking distance. For that reason I would probably stay here if I were on family vacation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Barbara W
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for providing with an opportunity to serve you. I'm glad you enjoyed your interactions with our staff. I can assure you that their attitudes are based on a sincere desire to serve. We hope to see you on your next trip to Atlanta.

Warm Regards,

Cape May Beach
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have to say I am surprised the hotel is always full. It’s not particularly inexpensive either at about $250/night.

Here are the good things. The breakfast is pretty good – of course it’s not included but about $15 per person per day. They have a ridiculous coupon system, where two people are on one coupon for the room. So, if you go at separate times, the second person is hassled every day for the coupon the other person already handed in. So annoying. There must be a better way. Generally the people are friendly. Thank heavens for that – it usually helps make things better, and there are lots of things that need to be better.

Now for the bad things. First of all, the room service is spotty. Gone are the nicer drinking glasses. The cups are all paper now. They almost never gave me new cups (replacing coffee cups, drink cups, bathroom, etc.), so I had to go look for them on my own. It seems they forgot to give me shampoo always on the days I was totally out of it. In over 2 weeks I was there, I received a new bag for the ice bucket only once – when I saw the maid in the hall and asked for it. Some of the pillows were stinky and should be replaced.

The WIFI is free but isn’t too fast, and when the hotel is full it grinds to nearly a halt. I needed it to work, so called them. The answer was simple, “Sorry there’s nothing we can do, there are just too many people using it.” That seems somewhat unbelievable these days.

The walls are thin, so I can hear voices in the next rooms – it’s worse when these are screaming kids. Unfortunately, I was on the top (13th) floor - called PH. The only thing on the 14th floor is a rental space (parties, wedding, etc.). That is the problem though. The noise is almost unbearable and unending when there is a function. It’s like living directly under a disco with vibrations, loud music and vocals. It goes late into the night thus ruining my sleep. I would say avoid the 13th floor by all means, although my friends on the 12th floor had the same complaint.

The worst thing this visit was the bed bug situation in one of the rooms in my group. Surprisingly the staff were absolutely unapologetic on this, and even said, “Well, we don’t know how they got there,” apparently trying to imply perhaps my family brought them in. How ridiculous! It was obviously not a new problem, since they were set up to steam all the belongings, but the inconvenience of not having your belongings for the 2-3 days it took to steam everything was quite annoying. They were stuck with the clothes on their backs for at least the first day. I would recommend learning to look for signs of bed bugs and checking the room carefully upon arrival. The other rooms were all okay thank heavens.

Finally, the lobby furniture is looking very old and stained and nicked – almost starting to look trash picked. So things seem to be going down hill here.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 12th or 13th (PH) floors, since the rental space above you will keep you awake...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate you taking time to provide us with your candid feedback. Although I'm disappointed by some of your sentiments, it would be unwise to not take your critique constructively. We are grateful for both your willingness to share and the opportunity to improve. Our commitment to excellence is driven by a genuine desire to please you.

Best wishes in your future travels.

Boston, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was not at all impressed with this property. I will not use this property in the future and I am seriously reconsidering my loyalty to the Hilton Brand. The manager was accommodating when he was able and available. If you were not dealing with the manager the rest of the staff were at best average in once case openly offensive, profane and rude. This is by far the worst hotel experience I have had with the Hilton Brand.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm very disappointed to hear that your experience was not on par with your previous experiences with Hilton Brand hotels. We take great pride in upholding our reputation, which I hope is evident through the overwhelmingly positive feedback we traditionally receive from the Trip Advisor community. As a team, we don't believe in leaving issues unresolved. I would love to hear about the specific experiences you had which led to you being dissatisfied. The assertion that our associates were less than warm and accommodating is quite disturbing and runs contrary to both our values and common practice. As such, I'd be remiss not to attempt to get an understanding of what occurred. I can be reached on my direct line 404-704-8042. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

In Service,