“Best place to stay in Atlanta!!”
Review of Ellis Hotel

Ellis Hotel
Ranked #42 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Best place to stay in Atlanta!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The hotel is awesome!!! The rooms are exceptional and the staff goes above and beyond to make sure you have everything you need. It is the best place to stay in Atlanta!!

• Stayed August 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Finnish first
Braselton, Georgia
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I couldn't say enough good things about the Ellis Hotel. The rooms are very spacious and the bed is very comfortable. I usually don't sleep well away from my bed at home, and I haven't missed a second of sleep either time we have stayed there. My wife and I stayed at the Ellis on our wedding night before flying out the next day, and couldn't have been happier with our choice. We made a return visit 2 weeks ago, and it again did nothing to disappoint. The rooms are very clean, and each room has a big flatscreen TV. The ammenities and overall quality would be something I would expect to find in Buckhead, but The Ellis is the same level stay downtown. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. If you want assistance with food or wine/champagne, ask for Peter. Overall, I look forward to many return visits and would encourage anyone staying in Atlanta to try The Ellis.

Room Tip: If you are there for any special occasion, talk to the staff and they will put together something re...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Tom L, General Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2017
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review and so very glad to hear you will stay here every time your in Atlanta! We want to make you a "Friend of the Ellis Hotel" and would love to welcome you back the next time your travels take you to Downtown Atlanta again!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Nice boutique hotel. I visited Atlanta to pick up my mother and my nephew who are visiting from Europe and stayed at the Ellis Hotel. I like the Ellis hotel. The service is excellent, the staff very helpful, professional and friendly. We had dinner at the Terrace. The food was very really good and the service friedly and efficient. The room was clean and of good dimensions. I have found my hotel in Atanta!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Marco C
Burscough, UK
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Very nice stylish hotel in the heart of downtown Atlanta.

The whole of the hotel is very nicely decorated and the rooms are exceptionally well kitted out, with comfy furniture and large LCD TV.

Certainly worth taking part in the free wine tasting in the afternoon and sitting on the patio watching the hustle & bustle of Atlanta flow past.

Staff are nice and friendly although when checking in at 2am (thanks to Air Canada!) the night staff weren't overly helpful.

A piece of advice would though be to park in any of the close by garages. All significantly cheaper than the hotel valet parking and less than a block walk away.

All in all a nice hotel and would stay there again if ever in town.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
NY
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Would definitely stay here again. The hotel is in an excellent location downtown and quite metro accessible, saving a taxi fare from the airport.
Staff was extremely friendly and customer friendly, this is definitely a hotel I will stay in again. The restaurant onsite was pretty good, had breakfast there, and the menu was quite selective.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I stayed at the Ellis Hotel for 3 nights and I liked every single thing about it. On first impressions, it is a lovely building with a really nice decorated reception. My room (double) was mid size, with all the amenities you would expect from a modern boutique hotel (flat tv, ipod dock,lovely bedding, Molton Brown toiletries etc). Needless to say, everything was spotless.

The staff (reception, bar and restaraunt) were very polite and friendly. The location of the hotel couldnt have been more convenient- it is literally opposite a MARTA (metro) station, and only a couple of blocks away from the Centennial Park and the Coca Cola World.

The restaurant of the hotel (Terrace) has been the highlight of my stay. It overlooks Peachtree and offers a very romantic ambiance combined with a fine sustainable dining experience. If you re staying at the Ellis Hotel, give the Terrace a go, you wont regret it!

Overall, the Ellis Hotel was a memorable stay in Atlanta and if I were to return, I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank vouloula
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 14 August 2011

While I can't quite give an 'excellent', I was overall very pleased with my stay at the Ellis.

The location, across the street from the MARTA and within walking distance to many attractions including Centennial Park and the Georgia Aquarium, was ideal. The property has been renovated in recent years, and I found the simple, modern design quite attractive, especially the common areas. A particular highlight was the Terrace restaurant. I enjoyed one breakfast and one lunch here, in addition to the complimentary wine hour one evening. I loved the 'farm to table' concept and thought the food was delicious and quite reasonably priced. The staff in the restaurant were great.

My guestroom was a single king on the 14th floor. It had a comfortable bed and a nice city view. Yes, the rooms are small. This is usually fine for me, but a consideration if you like a lot of space. Even for me, the small bathroom was challenging. It was difficult to use the sink or toilet without the bathroom door being all the way closed, which was annoying. And while overall cleanliness level was fine, there were just those little things here and there, such as stray hairs left in the bathtub or a grimey guest services guide, that would hold me back from a 5 star rating.

I also felt the front desk staff could have been more customer-oriented: I got what I felt was a strong lecture on the penalities of smoking in the room at check in (I'm a non smoker) and when I called to enquire about having lunch in the restaurant the day I checked out, the rep was very focused on when I would leave the room, which I thought was odd given the positive that I would be doing more spend before I left...

Despite a few areas for improvement, the good outweighed the bad and I would definitely stay at the Ellis again when in Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo